• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

High fantasy trades incoming.

The Rangers go to Ottawa and offer them Adam Fox, Alexis Lafreniere and K'Andre Miller.  We want Brady Tkachuk, Vladimir Tarasenko and Jakob Chychrun.

Why would the Senators do this trade?  3 good young bodies including an All-Star caliber d-man who is early-prime.  They're still not winning anything in Ottawa and they're getting a chance to recast the bones just like we are but with a plausible addition of 3 young stars for their best player.  They're also getting a drawing card in Lafreniere.

Why would we do this trade?  Because Tkachuk is exactly what we need right now.  A physical young leader upfront who brings some grit and a strong north south style to the offense.  Tarasenko fills a need at RW, likely alongside Panarin, and Chychrun is a 25 year old d-man who can play both sides and will be in our top 4 somewhere for years to come.  There's a chance we will do further shuffling this summer and Tarasenko might well wind up getting somebody else's cap slot in the process.

Ok so having accomplished this deal the Rangers go to Columbus and offer them the 1st next season or Kakko plus a prospect thrown-in on either for Boone Jenner 50% retained.

Why do this?  Because physical captain again and a perfect 3rd line center between Kreider and Cuylle.

The Rangers lineup looks something like this if they can do both deals:

Tkachuk - Zibanejad - Wheeler.  North south wings to reinforce Zibanejad.

Panarin - Trocheck - Tarasenko.  Should be as good as the current iteration, maybe better.

Kreider - Jenner - Cuylle.  Two north south players to reinforce Kreider.

Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick.  No alphabet soup anywhere in the lineup.

Lindgren - Trouba

Chychrun - Schneider

Gustafsson - young guy they're hiding as much as possible.  Jones at LD and Gustafsson at RD might be best and you just be careful not to have too many DZ starts.

The character of the team is changed in three ways:

1.  The cycling will get cut down dramatically without Fox in the lineup.

2.  The lineup will be tougher top to bottom.

3.  The Leadership should be over the top with the wait and see Ranger's style forever gone.

31 minutes ago, Br4d said:

High fantasy trades incoming.

The Rangers go to Ottawa and offer them Adam Fox, Alexis Lafreniere and K'Andre Miller.  We want Brady Tkachuk, Vladimir Tarasenko and Jakob Chychrun.

Why would the Senators do this trade?  3 good young bodies including an All-Star caliber d-man who is early-prime.  They're still not winning anything in Ottawa and they're getting a chance to recast the bones just like we are but with a plausible addition of 3 young stars for their best player.  They're also getting a drawing card in Lafreniere.

Why would we do this trade?  Because Tkachuk is exactly what we need right now.  A physical young leader upfront who brings some grit and a strong north south style to the offense.  Tarasenko fills a need at RW, likely alongside Panarin, and Chychrun is a 25 year old d-man who can play both sides and will be in our top 4 somewhere for years to come.  There's a chance we will do further shuffling this summer and Tarasenko might well wind up getting somebody else's cap slot in the process.

Ok so having accomplished this deal the Rangers go to Columbus and offer them the 1st next season or Kakko plus a prospect thrown-in on either for Boone Jenner 50% retained.

Why do this?  Because physical captain again and a perfect 3rd line center between Kreider and Cuylle.

The Rangers lineup looks something like this if they can do both deals:

Tkachuk - Zibanejad - Wheeler.  North south wings to reinforce Zibanejad.

Panarin - Trocheck - Tarasenko.  Should be as good as the current iteration, maybe better.

Kreider - Jenner - Cuylle.  Two north south players to reinforce Kreider.

Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick.  No alphabet soup anywhere in the lineup.

Lindgren - Trouba

Chychrun - Schneider

Gustafsson - young guy they're hiding as much as possible.  Jones at LD and Gustafsson at RD might be best and you just be careful not to have too many DZ starts.

The character of the team is changed in three ways:

1.  The cycling will get cut down dramatically without Fox in the lineup.

2.  The lineup will be tougher top to bottom.

3.  The Leadership should be over the top with the wait and see Ranger's style forever gone.

I’ve seen worse but there’s like 3 maybe 4 players in the entire league I’d trade Fox for and Brady Tkachuk isn’t one of them. He’s not Matthew.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

"Why would a team want Gauthier?"

"Kakko sucks."

Got to love when people defend players by simply pointing the finger at other players. It's becoming habitual. 

Says the guy who can't stop saying Wheeler sucks, when I shit on Kakko.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Says the guy who can't stop saying Wheeler sucks, when I shit on Kakko.

I say Wheeler sucks all the time.

Only you think this way. It's petty. Do better.

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’ve seen worse but there’s like 3 maybe 4 players in the entire league I’d trade Fox for and Brady Tkachuk isn’t one of them. He’s not Matthew.

Brady is really similar to Matthew before his breakout year in 21-22.  He's about the same age Matthew was when he broke out.

I'd definitely take him for Fox.  Not that Fox isn't a top 4 d-man but Brady does something that is a total throwback to years past and it is very valuable in the playoffs.  We can wait for 4 years for Cuylle to get fully grounded and maybe become the kind of scorer Brady is now or we can have it right now.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I say Wheeler sucks all the time.

Only you think this way. It's petty. Do better.

You say Wheeler sucks all the time...... 

Do better.

Edited by The Dude

55 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really love the look on Wheeler's face when Zibby does something wild and assists on one of his goals.  That amazed look is priceless!

Happy New York GIF by NHL

white teeth troll GIF

Edited by Pete
  • LOL 1

Is there a site that tells you how many games a player has played at various positions? I'm pretty sure I've seen quotes or links from some here. 

Just trying to think outside the box but don't want to suggest a player flops wing side or move from center to wing, and vice versa. 

Trying to find out how many games Jason Zucker has played as a RW, if at all. Could have swore he did with Pitt. 

Other names, Killorn, Victor Olofsson, Greenway,  Saad, Kerfoot, Acciari, Perron, Domi, Bertuzzi. 

I'm not seeing value in some of the reported names. Johansson being the best idea I've read, besides Zegras. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Happy New York GIF by NHL

white teeth troll GIF

Yeah!  That one!!  That's a guy who's enjoying himself being a part of this.  It's a shame he's past his prime.  If we would've gotten him maybe a year or 2 earlier, he'd have been a much better fit!

I hope he finishes better...One can only hope!

• Believe 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah!  That one!!  That's a guy who's enjoying himself being a part of this.  It's a shame he's past his prime.  If we would've gotten him maybe a year or 2 earlier, he'd have been a much better fit!

I hope he finishes better...One can only hope!

You could make the argument that he'll be better in the playoffs with no back-to-back play dates the entire time.  He'll get a night off to rest the legs after every game.

10 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Reading that Rangers are close to getting Tyler Johnson.  Not sure he’s a difference maker at this point in his career. 

Reading from where? 

These were Eliotte Friedman's exact words re: Tyler Johnson on 32 Thoughts.

“I think the teams that lost out on Lindholm…whether it be the Rangers. Like the Rangers, I wondered if they’re gonna do two centers. One guy I wondered about for them is a guy like Tyler Johnson. Lots of experience. Doesn’t make a ton of money. I haven’t watched Johnson play a lot this year — that’s me playing the salary game as opposed to the fit game. That was a name I wondered.” 

Link

There's nothing else about connecting Tyler Johnson to the Rangers. Hell, this isn't even Friedge connecting Johnson to the Rangers so much as it is him coming up with an off-the-board idea. Notice how cagey Friedge is in his phrasing for even his standards. 

Posts like "reading rumors about [x]" aren't verifiable. Let's be better about sourcing information. If you can read about something then you can also share the link to it.

• Thanks 1