• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think that's what makes Ottawa such a good trade partner.

Kakko/Perreault/1st for Batherson/Pinto, or Perreault/1st for Joseph/Pinto. Something like that. I like Perreault as a prospect, but I don't need Drury to be a prospect/pick clutcher if there is quality youth with some upside coming back.

This 100%. Longer term fixes, especially with the cap rising. Doing it now as opposed to the office season, gives a sample of work to build on for next year as opposed to starting fresh in September. I'm down with the Sens. They want Zib back? Jk....kind of.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think that's what makes Ottawa such a good trade partner.

Kakko/Perreault/1st for Batherson/Pinto, or Perreault/1st for Joseph/Pinto. Something like that. I like Perreault as a prospect, but I don't need Drury to be a prospect/pick clutcher if there is quality youth with some upside coming back.

He's probably not one, but Vince did say on his most recent pod that the Rangers/Drury value their drafted players more than their draft picks. Meaning, if they took a guy, they're much more interested in keeping who they like than they are with "20th overall" or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

He's probably not one, but Vince did say on his most recent pod that the Rangers/Drury value their drafted players more than their draft picks. Meaning, if they took a guy, they're much more interested in keeping who they like than they are with "20th overall" or whatever.

Probably because they know how terrible they are at drafting. At least they are self aware?

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Probably because they know how terrible they are at drafting. At least they are self aware?

It's also probably because the Rangers have managed to draft players with unique skillsets that are hard to acquire elsewhere. You don't generally acquire someone with Othmann's piss-and-vinegar until they're well past their prime. You don't generally find anyone with Perreault's creativity and hockey sense out in the market unless they played for Calgary or Columbus. 

I get why there's reluctance to move on from that. I also think guys still under control drafted by the old guard are far more at risk of being moved - your Joneses and Robertsons and generic Scandinavian dart throw wings

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

I think that's how it should be when you have a team going through playoff years. Drafted players are not only closer to making an impact than a future pick, you have a better idea of what they are and how they might fit. I'm guessing Drury is ultra attached to Othmann, in terms of how close he is to being a contributor and that he has an edge which the team need moving forward, and he should be ultra attached to him. Perreault not as much, but his stock has increased. I don't think it's outlandish to say he'd be top 7-10 in a re-draft of last year.

• Keeps it 100 1

What are you getting in Drake Batherson though?  Is he going to take the lead on line 1 if RW?  Is he going to give you the value at C on line 2 or 3?  Are you going to use him to split Laf and Panarin and see if you can balance out the 5v5 scoring some?

I'm just so skeptical that anybody who comes in is going to do anything other than repeat the experience that Tarasenko had last season.  Contributed some goals and balanced out the scoring some but not a difference maker when it counted.

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Vatrano had 13 goals in October and has had 9 since.

I wouldn't give up hardly anything for that.

He'd be perfect again, if we only had to give up a 4th or even a 3rd.  Too bad we couldn't keep him last time...that damn cap!  😉

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

What are you getting in Drake Batherson though?  Is he going to take the lead on line 1 if RW?  Is he going to give you the value at C on line 2 or 3?  Are you going to use him to split Laf and Panarin and see if you can balance out the 5v5 scoring some?

I'm just so skeptical that anybody who comes in is going to do anything other than repeat the experience that Tarasenko had last season.  Contributed some goals and balanced out the scoring some but not a difference maker when it counted.

What I would do with the lines and what I would expect Lavi to do with the lines are different. I would expect Lavi to put Batherson with KZ, and Wheeler moves down to where Kakko was.

Batherson has 14 goals and 23 points at 5v5 this year. The idea is he brings 5v5 production to the lineup. No need for splitting Panarin/Lafreniere.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

An honest question I’ll pose to you all is this. What would you be willing to give up to acquire Vatrano and Henrique? A kill 2 birds with 1 stone scenario. Henrique may not be the apple of everyones eye (Phil, hi!) but with Lindholm and Monahan now off the market, he may be the best option at 3C that exists for the Rangers. 

If you can solve that hole and also acquire Vatrano to reclaim his spot on the 93/20 line, what would you be willing to offer?

Kakko and a prospect 

A player on Anaheim I'd have interest in is Killorn. Pretty sure he can play all forward positions.  Play off monster. 

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Take out Sykora...and I'd give that....question is, would they take it?

I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't.

Sykora is a LW  with no future here anyway.  The only thing that really has value to the Rangers in that offer is the #1.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I understand it's become popular around here to just shit on everything the team does, but you do realize that you responded to "Drury wants to keep his drafted players" with "Because they suck at drafting"...Just sayin' 😅

• LOL 1

21 minutes ago, Karan said:

A Rangers fan (singular, not plural) favorite is on waivers.

I Hope Please GIF

Laviolette would get a lot out of him. 

I swear to god this guy must be a real asshole. I thought the French Canadian Roy would give him a shot after he had put a few good games together under the last coach, but as usual couldn't stay in the lineup. 

A guy that takes the puck to the net consistently would be a very welcome addition to this bunch of non shooting, non middle of the ice pansies. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I Hope Please GIF

Laviolette would get a lot out of him. 

I swear to god this guy must be a real asshole. I thought the French Canadian Roy would give him a shot after he had put a few good games together under the last coach, but as usual couldn't stay in the lineup. 

A guy that takes the puck to the net consistently would be a very welcome addition to this bunch of non shooting, non middle of the ice pansies. 

...and you're against K' Andre, Dude man?  😉

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

How about a #1, Jones, Robertson & Sykora for Henrique & Vatrano?

That doesn't sound like the best offer the Ducks are likely to get for that package.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

...and you're against K' Andre, Dude man?  😉

Not sure what one has to do with the other. 

One is fantastic trade bait because he is extremely replaceable and a defensive nightmare as a D man. 

The other is a large bodied bottom 6 winger who takes the puck to the net and was pacing 15 goals this season in a 3rd line role being yanked in and out of the lineup. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not sure what one has to do with the other. 

One is fantastic trade bait because he is extremely replaceable and a defensive nightmare as a D man. 

The other is a large bodied bottom 6 winger who takes the puck to the net and was pacing 15 goals this season in a 3rd line role being yanked in and out of the lineup. 

Nothing really...

I'm just alluding to the point that I think Gauthier is a pretty bad hockey player...and you always saw him in a different light.

I see K' as a very talented player that we really should hang on to for many reasons.  And you think he's not.

That's about it!  I found it a bit amusing!  😃

• Applause 1

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nothing really...

I'm just alluding to the point that I think Gauthier is a pretty bad hockey player...and you always saw him in a different light.

I see K' as a very talented player that we really should hang on to for many reasons.  And you think he's not.

That's about it!  I found it a bit amusing!  😃

Now you do. You were on board last season and prior.  You always gave the guy props. 

Youre just jumping on the hate wagon I guess. That's fine. 

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

The entire NHL is probably jumping on that wagon. He's cheap, but he offers zero on either end of the puck. I don't really see anyone putting in a claim.

Still pacing better than our 2nd OA. 

He probably clears waivers like he did last season.

Doesn't bode well for the guy the Rangers have been trying use as their 1st liner.  A guy that plays pretty well enough,  but can't land a consistent spot and has to go to the A---  is playing better hockey than the guy some Rangers fans can't let go. 

Being labeled "not a good hockey player",  despite outscoring and out pacing a prized bust, doesn’t make sense to me. Nevermind bringing my opinion on why Miller should be traded to the discussion, not having one bit of connection to my joking (mostly) affinity for Gauthier.