• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

Lindholm has 5 EVS goals this season.  He doesn't solve anything.

Eriksson Ek and a LD, giving up Miller and choice of our 1st or Kakko.  If we're going to spend another 1st we should get a player back that will fit in the structure for several years.

More like Frederick Gaudreau for Zac Jones. 

I'm expecting nothing overly good.  

They'll overspend on a wing. Probably Tarasenko. Center is the biggest need.  

Then again i can see them overpay for Monahan. I don't think he fits though. 

Arber Xhekaj you could float him between six and 7D. Provides you with Enforcer that you need at certain times and also on  fourth line ,if you want to go that way. And also you’re keeping him away from the Flyers.Islanders or devils

Edited by Lord Al

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’ll shit my pants if Drury is ballsy enough to get a long term center. Ek/Middleton package.

Miller/1st/prospect. Enough?

As long as the prospect is not Othmann or Perrault.  Maybe Sykora?

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

As long as the prospect is not Othmann or Perrault.  Maybe Sykora?

Agreed. Pick whoever you want other than those two. I’d try to keep Sykora out. We need cheap young energy in the bottom 6 next year and he represents that I think. But I wouldn’t say no.

1 hour ago, Lord Al said:

Arber Xhekaj you could float him between six and 7D. Provides you with Enforcer that you need at certain times and also on  fourth line ,if you want to go that way. And also you’re keeping him away from the Flyers.Islanders or devils

you’re so annoying with the highlighting 

Would not be the craziest idea to see if Kevin Hayes could return to us.  He's still a good two-way player, still a 35-40ish point guy; if the Blues eat a little, the contract is beyond manageable and provides some level of insurance against Chytil. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Would not be the craziest idea to see if Kevin Hayes could return to us.  He's still a good two-way player, still a 35-40ish point guy; if the Blues eat a little, the contract is beyond manageable and provides some level of insurance against Chytil. 

That's not a bad idea, G Man...I didn't think of Hayes!

• Like 1

Forget all of these popular names. They aren't worth the price and the Rangers haven't shown to be close enough as a team to take that risk of dumping assets they are running out of. The 1sts should only be on the table for a long term forward. They only have 1 2nd and 1 3rd in the next 3 drafts. Get something good with term, or keep them. Enough expensive mercenaries.

Drury's game plan at this stage should only be to use 4th and 5th round picks to supplement the roster. Two years ago, Drury made one of the best moves in his tenure by getting Vatrano for a 4th. If we recall why he was that cheap, it was because the Rangers happened to have gobs of cap space and could take his full hit without retention so Florida could go get Giroux. Well here we are again, with gobs of cap to use. He should be looking at playoff teams who are cap crunched but have good depth they want to shed to upgrade another spot on their roster.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Forget all of these popular names. They aren't worth the price and the Rangers haven't shown to be close enough as a team to take that risk of dumping assets they are running out of. The 1sts should only be on the table for a long term forward. They only have 1 2nd and 1 3rd in the next 3 drafts. Get something good with term, or keep them. Enough expensive mercenaries.

Drury's game plan at this stage should only be to use 4th and 5th round picks to supplement the roster. Two years ago, Drury made one of the best moves in his tenure by getting Vatrano for a 4th. If we recall why he was that cheap, it was because the Rangers happened to have gobs of cap space and could take his full hit without retention so Florida could go get Giroux. Well here we are again, with gobs of cap to use. He should be looking at playoff teams who are cap crunched but have good depth they want to shed to upgrade another spot on their roster.

That's a little bit needle-in-the-haystack this year unless there's some huge name that becomes a must-add for a team., like Giroux. Lots of teams up against the cap, but not many mid-range earners that would conceivably be on the block.

9 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

That's a little bit needle-in-the-haystack this year unless there's some huge name that becomes a must-add for a team., like Giroux. Lots of teams up against the cap, but not many mid-range earners that would conceivably be on the block.

Here's a couple of examples. Max Domi - Leafs. Teddy Blueger - Vancouver. Both players are on expiring contracts. Both teams might be willing to shed them for a 4th to go acquire a Lindholm. Both players would be excellent upgrades on the Rangers' bottom 6 center situation.