• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Duclair off the board now too as he heads to Tampa. Options really beginning to dwindle.

Damn this was one of the options I had envisioned in my head when I wrote the above. Double-retained Duclair at 750k for a 3rd, 6th, and Robertson. Oh well.

The other option was @The Dude's guy. A double-retained Zucker would be 1.325. I think they'd have to get Ottawa to retain ~1.5 on Chychrun to make that work.

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Damn this was one of the options I had envisioned in my head when I wrote the above. Double-retained Duclair at 750k for a 3rd, 6th, and Robertson. Oh well.

The other option was @The Dude's guy. A double-retained Zucker would be 1.325. I think they'd have to get Ottawa to retain ~1.5 on Chychrun to make that work.

Gauthier and ADA?

TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired forward Anthony Duclair and a seventh-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for defenseman Jack Thompson and Tampa Bay’s third-round selection in the 2024 NHL Draft, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.

Edited by Scott
  • JIMMY! 1

Columbus has been extremely quiet so far and I don’t really get it. Jenner would fetch a great return. Roslovic is easily moveable for trade assets. Even Merzlikins could be moved if they ate half his contract. On top of that they have over $18 mil in cap space. Why haven’t they been the third team in any of these retention deals? 

Drury, get Roslovic and add in Olivier for depth for Jones, Berard, and a 3rd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Columbus has been extremely quiet so far and I don’t really get it. Jenner would fetch a great return. Roslovic is easily moveable for trade assets. Even Merzlikins could be moved if they ate half his contract. On top of that they have over $18 mil in cap space. Why haven’t they been the third team in any of these retention deals? 

Probably because they don't have a GM right now, they don't have a lot of assets to move (They are on record multiple times saying they're not moving Jenner and he doesn't want to move).

Whatever business they need to do can be done at the draft. 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Do you think Drury may be as popular with JD as he is with Gorton?

18 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Do you think Drury may be as popular with JD as he is with Gorton?

I think in those positions you have to our bad personal feelings aside.  Maybe if they had two very similar offers they’d choose the GM they don’t have issues with but if Drury offers a deal that benefits Columbus, I’m sure they take it.

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Probably because they don't have a GM right now, they don't have a lot of assets to move (They are on record multiple times saying they're not moving Jenner and he doesn't want to move).

Whatever business they need to do can be done at the draft. 

But at the very least, grab some more draft capital with all the extra cap space they have, no?  Just seems like bad business. Also feels like it’s time for JD to retire.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

But at the very least, grab some more draft capital with all the extra cap space they have, no?  Just seems like bad business. Also feels like it’s time for JD to retire.

I guess? What are you getting for Roslovic at this point? A third or fourth rounder? He's a Columbus native, so maybe they feel like he's a heart and soul guy they don't want to move. 

They've had a lot of turmoil this season. I don't blame them for just sitting back and letting the season play out. 

• VINNY! 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

I guess? What are you getting for Roslovic at this point? A third or fourth rounder? He's a Columbus native, so maybe they feel like he's a heart and soul guy they don't want to move. 

They've had a lot of turmoil this season. I don't blame them for just sitting back and letting the season play out. 

They looked like world beaters against us....

Suspiciously missing from the 8 targets is Mika Zibanejad waking the fuck up, since no matter who we get we will lose if that doesn't happen.

I don't see a deal worth making except potentially Buchnevich. We already got the 3c we needed. This team needs Mika to wake up or we'll lose no matter what happens today. 

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Suspiciously missing from the 8 targets is Mika Zibanejad waking the fuck up, since no matter who we get we will lose if that doesn't happen.

I don't see a deal worth making except potentially Buchnevich. We already got the 3c we needed. This team needs Mika to wake up or we'll lose no matter what happens today. 

It's Kakko, too, if he's going to remain the top line right wing.

I don't know what kind of conversations the coaches have with the players, but these seem to be really easy problems to fix with a simple straightforward conversation.

Mika needs to take more shots. Stop passing to Kreider. Shoot the goddamn puck because CK is going to try and deflect it anyway.

Kaapo... The way you play on the third line is the reason why you get elevated to the top line, so stop trying to change your game when you get to the top line. Play the same way you played on the third line. Control the play, shoot the puck. Stop passing the fucking puck to other guys who just want to pass the fucking puck too. 

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Options for Drury continue to dwindle.

I don't know, it just seems more likely that he's going to have to make a hockey trade rather than rent a UFA.