• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Our business is already over. The team is well constructed as-is and our biggest enemies are ourselves.

Every team in the league would love to be in that position. 

Agree. The difference between the Rangers and every other top team is that the Rangers haven't played their best hockey yet.

26 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

yeah that felt more like a 50/50 game to me more than anything. we can still beat Florida in a 7 game series 

They outplayed us at every facet of the game. Our PP saved us from being humiliated. It was not a 50/50 game. We were dominated. 

florida got better, much better this trade deadline. 

• Keeps it 100 2

3 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

They outplayed us at every facet of the game. Our PP saved us from being humiliated. It was not a 50/50 game. We were dominated. 

florida got better, much better this trade deadline. 

I pick and choose when to listen to the nerds of the analytics community lol

https://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2023020976

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I pick and choose when to listen to the nerds of the analytics community lol

https://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2023020976

The N F L has had good analytics for two decades now and those maroons are still punting on 4th down and criminally under-using the on-sides kickoff.

Sometimes maroons are going to maroon no matter what info you put in front of them.

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

It was a really interesting game analytics wise. Florida dominated xGF but the Rangers dominated HDCF with the 3rd period they had. Florida probably turtled up too much after that muffin of a goal.

The game came down to a bad goal by Igor that took the air out of the building and the energy out of the team.

But yea, cracker jack over here telling me I need to watch games when the actual numbers say the Rangers were the favorites. But fuck proof when some can, like, have their opinion, mannnnn!

Just now, Pete said:

The game came down to a bad goal by Igor that took the air out of the building and the energy out of the team.

But yea, cracker jack over here telling me I need to watch games when the actual numbers say the Rangers were the favorites. But fuck proof when some can, like, have their opinion, mannnnn!

Well the problem is the same stats you are looking at for this game here are the same ones that say the Rangers have been mediocre-to-shit all year.

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Is this a running gag or something that I'm not in on? i haven't seen anything anywhere about Brady even being remotely thought of as a possibility to trade 

Highly Doubtful, Tony.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Well the problem is the same stats you are looking at for this game here are the same ones that say the Rangers have been mediocre-to-shit all year.

I'm not sure how that's relevant.

The microstats are the microstats but the scoreboard wins at the macro level. The same stats that say the Rangers should lose all year (even though they win) say that they should win this game (even though they didn't).

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure how that's relevant.

The microstats are the microstats but the scoreboard wins at the macro level. The same stats that say the Rangers should lose all year (even though they win) say that they should win this game (even though they didn't).

They deserved to be in that Florida game. It was pretty even, all things considered. Why is what I said relevant? Sometimes you lose games you should win and vice versa. The issue is the macro sample size for the season says they have been major beneficiaries of the "vice versa" part of that equation. There's no trend upwards as the season has gone on either. In fact, it's trending downward. That's why it's relevant.

They are now 24th in both xGF% and HDCF% at 5v5. You're a smart guy. These are the same kinds of stats we looked at with Gallant in charge and said it probably indicated they aren't nearly good enough. Not only that, but they are worse this year than the last 2 years.

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

They deserved to be in that Florida game. It was pretty even, all things considered. Why is what I said relevant? Sometimes you lose games you should win and vice versa. The issue is the macro sample size for the season says they have been major beneficiaries of the "vice versa" part of that equation. There's no trend upwards as the season has gone on either. In fact, it's trending downward. That's why it's relevant.

They are now 24th in both xGF% and HDCF% at 5v5. You're a smart guy. These are the same kinds of stats we looked at with Gallant in charge and said it probably indicated they aren't nearly good enough. Not only that, but they are worse this year than the last 2 years.

Yes, sometimes you win when you should lose but over the course of 82 games (50+ so far) if you're first in your division and a team near the top of the league all season then that's not "chance" anymore. They're just a team that bucks trends.

I've said this before, but this team is different where under GG if they didn't get a PP goal and .925+ from Igor, they had ZERO chance of winning. Now they win in different ways. The win without .940 goaltending. Their PP wasn't good during a 9 game win streak.

They haven't played their best hockey and the playoffs are about the team playing the best hockey. That's why they play the games and don't just let AI determine the winner.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Watch the games, bud. You’ll learn something