• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know, it just seems more likely that he's going to have to make a hockey trade rather than rent a UFA. 

Oh plz, oh plz, oh plz...

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know, it just seems more likely that he's going to have to make a hockey trade rather than rent a UFA. 

A guy like Tuch would be intriguing. But it doesn’t seem like Buffalo plans to move him. At least not now.

Vatrano and Buchnevich do give you the luxury of being here for not just the rest of this year but all of next too. But it seems like both ANA and STL want a boatload (as they should) for those pieces. The one thing with Vatrano is we can fit him in at present moment. Buchnevich we would be able to take at full value too if Kakko goes back, for instance. But do we want to do that?

Lots of questions, not a lot of time left.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

A guy like Tuch would be intriguing. But it doesn’t seem like Buffalo plans to move him. At least not now.

Vatrano and Buchnevich do give you the luxury of being here for not just the rest of this year but all of next too. But it seems like both ANA and STL want a boatload (as they should) for those pieces. The one thing with Vatrano is we can fit him in at present moment. Buchnevich we would be able to take at full value too if Kakko goes back, for instance. But do we want to do that?

They already declined to trade KK for Vatrano. I don't see why they would trade him for Buch. 

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I would trade Kakko for Buchnevich even up.  Buch is the piece most likely to fit right and you have to give up something to get something.

This leaves room for Edstrom or Rempe on line 4 and I really think we need that for the tournament.  Something is different when those guys hit the ice, rare as that is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I would trade Kakko for Buchnevich even up.  Buch is the piece most likely to fit right and you have to give up something to get something.

This leaves room for Edstrom or Rempe on line 4 and I really think we need that for the tournament.  Something is different when those guys hit the ice, rare as that is.

That's not a trade that gets done at the deadline. That's a draft day deal. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's not a trade that gets done at the deadline. That's a draft day deal. 

The deal isn't as valuable for the Rangers at the draft.  The reason to make it now is you want a 1RW for this run.  By next year that could easily be Othmann.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

The deal isn't as valuable for the Rangers at the draft.  The reason to make it now is you want a 1RW for this run.  By next year that could easily be Othmann.

Okay. It's still not a trade that is likely to get done at the deadline. 

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

back when twitter became X and Elon Musk has being himself, I deleted my twitter account. then I randomly tried to make a new X account and it must have saved my IP or something and banned me from creating an account....and now I cant follow live breaking trades.

i played myself

I would call it a lucky break.  🙂

• LMFAO 1

Posted (edited)

Desperate and we couldn’t get Okposo for essentially free? I’m not sure what’s going on. I didn’t want Okposo but at that price and given the way the market is shaping up? May have rolled the dice.

Edited by RichieNextel305

4 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Well I dont think any moves are coming. Our only chance is Igor goes God tier, Bread and Mika actually show up, Kakko does something... anything, and Trouba/Rempe knock out the other teams star players.

Yea we are toast.

Or, and stay with me here for a second, a team that's been near top of the league all year, 1st in their division all year, maybe doesn't need to add all that much.

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Well I dont think any moves are coming. Our only chance is Igor goes God tier, Bread and Mika actually show up, Kakko does something... anything, and Trouba/Rempe knock out the other teams star players.

Yea we are toast.

If this team isn't ready to rise to the challenge by now there is no addition that will fix the problem.

Tarasenko, Kane, zero effort out of the core in games 5 and 7 last year.

At some point you either have it or you are starting over and adding guys past their prime who have already made their money won't fix things if you don't have it.

Just now, Pete said:

Or, and stay with me here for a second, a team that's been top 5 all year, 1st in their division all year, maybe doesn't need to add all that much.

We got dismantled by the Canes and Panther's in their most recent games. We dont have the depth or the energy to compete there.

Just now, BreakawayMachine said:

We got dismantled by the Canes and Panther's in their most recent games. We dont have the depth or the energy to compete there.

Well that's why they play 7 games and not 1. Any team can beat another on a given night.

Oh, and the Panthers didn't dismantle anyone. Rangers lost on a weak goal past Shesterkin.

Just now, BreakawayMachine said:

Which is why you want guys like Edstrom and Rempe on the roster.  Those guys have unlimited energy and throw their weight around.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Which is why you want guys like Edstrom and Rempe on the roster.  Those guys have unlimited energy and throw their weight around.

They'll definitely be helpful in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Desperate and we couldn’t get Okposo for essentially free? I’m not sure what’s going on. I didn’t want Okposo but at that price and given the way the market is shaping up? May have rolled the dice.

im not losing any sleep overn ot getting Okposo/im not more worried about Florida now than I was before. Tank was a good pickup for them, I don't think Okposo changes their cup odds