• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yes, sometimes you win when you should lose but over the course of 82 games (50+ so far) if you're first in your division and a team near the top of the league all season then that's not "chance" anymore. They're just a team that bucks trends.

I've said this before, but this team is different where under GG if they didn't get a PP goal and .925+ from Igor, they had ZERO chance of winning. Now they win in different ways. The win without .940 goaltending. Their PP wasn't good during a 9 game win streak.

They haven't played their best hockey and the playoffs are about the team playing the best hockey. That's why they play the games and don't just let AI determine the winner.

I hope you're right.

First in division doesn't mean much to me. They are pacing 111, and the last two years they finished with 110 and 107. The core of the difference is what the teams around them are doing, rather than something better they are doing. Carolina has come on strong, and if I were betting I would say they will pass the Rangers up. I think the Rangers will be staring down a slogfest with Tortorella's Flyers.

For the record, I support taking a puncher's chance. It's not impossible. It's just that much more improbable than it already is to win the whole thing. Washington did it with metrics this bad under Trotz though. That's about the only example, but it's something.

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

I hope you're right.

First in division doesn't mean much to me. They are pacing 111, and the last two years they finished with 110 and 107. The core of the difference is what the teams around them are doing, rather than something better they are doing. Carolina has come on strong, and if I were betting I would say they will pass the Rangers up. I think the Rangers will be staring down a slogfest with Tortorella's Flyers.

For the record, I support taking a puncher's chance. It's not impossible. It's just that much more improbable than it already is to win the whole thing. Washington did it with metrics this bad under Trotz though. That's about the only example, but it's something.

Yea.

The can only play who's in front of them. Being in first is better than being in last. Won't matter when the playoffs come, but right now it does. In June we can say first place doesn't matter, but in March it does.

6 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Gross. Hey Blake wheeler is out, we need another closer to 40 year old player that skates like he's in cement.

I'd rather Wheeler come out on one leg.

So we were so in need of the RW that we were in on Guentzel but then decided to stand pat with what we have. That's a really weird thought process in that front office. If the biggest hole in this lineup still exists after 3p then Drury is completely ineffective in his role. Carolina, Vegas and Florida destroyed this deadline and we couldn't make a deal? Cmon.

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

So we were so in need of the RW that we were in on Guentzel but then decided to stand pat with what we have. That's a really weird thought process in that front office. If the biggest hole in this lineup still exists after 3p then Drury is completely ineffective in his role. Carolina, Vegas and Florida destroyed this deadline and we couldn't make a deal? Cmon.

Everyone thought the Rangers won the deadline last year.

Let it play out. No one who moved this week even played a game yet.

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Everyone thought the Rangers won the deadline last year.

Let it play out. No one who moved this week even played a game yet.

So don't jump the gun and totally judge Drury's career as a GM on one day and expect the team to fizzle out in the first round?!? 

FINE!!!

.....breathe. breathe.

• LMFAO 1

The only thing I don’t like is the fact they could have gotten one of these guys over the last 2 days who went for next to nothing who could add a little bit more to the lineup. Duclair, Zucker. Someone. It could have been nothing but it also could have been a jolt. And for the price, it would have been worth it. Same as Vatrano was worth it 2 years ago when we did the same thing.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The only thing I don’t like is the fact they could have gotten one of these guys over the last 2 days who went for next to nothing who could add a little bit more to the lineup. Duclair, Zucker. Someone. It could have been nothing but it also could have been a jolt. And for the price, it would have been worth it. Same as Vatrano was worth it 2 years ago when we did the same thing.

The prices were probably ridiculous this year, Richie.  I'm glad we didn't give up anything in the way of talent.  We have a tremendously bright future with our picks, prospects and young guns.  We should be able to also win now with the team we have right now.  It's a good mix I believe.

Still a few minutes away from the end of this crap.  😃

Edited by Ozzy

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The prices were probably ridiculous this year, Richie.  I'm glad we didn't give up anything in the way of talent.  We have a tremendously bright future with our picks, prospects and young guns.  We should be able to also win now with the team we have right now.  It's a good mix I believe.

Still a few minutes away from the end of this crap.  😃

IMO the GMs were trying to aim high for the Rangers top prospects + Kakko but Drury wasnt budging on them.  Didnt help that the Rangers don't have any 2nd and 3rd round picks until like the year 2090

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Very upset Drury missed out on Andrew Peeke.  We are going to live to regret it.

So we're playing No-Peekie, eh?  (Oh god, that's bad!) LOL