• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hate to see the best player injured but between their horrid start and McDusty being injured, we should take advantage.

Which means they most likely won't and will make a meh goalie into Patrick Roy. Any past Rangers on that roster than can light us up?

Edited by jsm7302

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Hate to see the best player injured but between there horrid start and McDusty being injured, we should take advantage.

Which means they most likely won't and will make a meh goalie into Patrick Roy. Any past Rangers on that roster than can light us up?

You sweet summer Child. This is the Edmonton then around game. They’re gonna go on to win the cup now.

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

"SAVED by Shesterkin!!!"    ....no wait, it went it!!!!   

Excuse me..... I meant McDavid is not playing against the Rangers!!!"   - Sam Rosen

He probably said this at breakfast. The day before the game. In another city. And Joe had to cut his waffles into itsy bitsy little pieces and shake him to make him realize where he was.

• LMFAO 1

14 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He probably said this at breakfast. The day before the game. In another city. And Joe had to cut his waffles into itsy bitsy little pieces and shake him to make him realize where he was.

The guy's a legend, Richie!  But I gotta tell ya, I'm gonna miss his flubs when he finally hangs it up.  LOL

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

I love Sam… and I’m not at all an ageist, but he’s 76 and he’s been slipping for quite some time. 

He needs to hang up his microphone 

We have politicians making life altering decisions into their 90's. Sam can call games till the angels come calling. It will never be the same once he goes.

• LOL 2

Sam and Lee Corso should call a game- would be great TV 

Sam: “This Rangers Poweplay is brought to you by Crazy Eddie- His prices are innnnnsane… The Rangers have been on a good clip of late, 6 for their past 22”

Corso- “Not so fast Stu…. The Flames have….wait… is that President Lincoln in the box? Must be here to see Travis Kelce and that little minx Taylor Sweet” 

Sam: “Miller turns it over at the blue line, Andrew Magpie with a lead pass to Joel Otto who lets loose a slap shot…. Save by Richter- oh what a beauty!”

Corpo- “Sal, why is that red light on? Why are all these people here? Is that Lou Holtz?”

Sam: “The Oilers scored?”

• LMFAO 1

23 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sam is definitely pretty terrible and slipping badly, but I worry whenever he retires we're going to get stuck with Gianonne who I don't really care for. Honestly I'd rather have senile Sam Rosen still calling games than him.

I'm hoping for Kenny!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sam is definitely pretty terrible and slipping badly, but I worry whenever he retires we're going to get stuck with Gianonne who I don't really care for. Honestly I'd rather have senile Sam Rosen still calling games than him.

Gianonne's goal calls are uninspiring. Maybe Ryan Callahan!!

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Giannone has become pretty good in-studio, and I think that’s where he is most comfortable. Back in the day, Al Trautwig would fill in for Sam when he wasn’t around because of NFL on FOX. But that was just as a fill-in. I would imagine that whenever Sam does decide to go, that Kenny Albert would likely be the guy to replace him. And as much as I love Kenny and think he’s a great play-by-play guy and I think Rangers when I hear him, I just can’t envision a season of Rangers hockey on MSG with no Sam Rosen.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

I love Sam… and I’m not at all an ageist, but he’s 76 and he’s been slipping for quite some time. 

Sending a 76 year old man across the length and breadth of western Canada for the next 2 weeks is bordering on elder abuse. 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Same, sometimes you just gotta replace the furniture. Bring on Kenny. 

15 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Giannone has become pretty good in-studio, and I think that’s where he is most comfortable. Back in the day, Al Trautwig would fill in for Sam when he wasn’t around because of NFL on FOX. But that was just as a fill-in. I would imagine that whenever Sam does decide to go, that Kenny Albert would likely be the guy to replace him. And as much as I love Kenny and think he’s a great play-by-play guy and I think Rangers when I hear him, I just can’t envision a season of Rangers hockey on MSG with no Sam Rosen.

Yeah, exactly. Just keep him in the studio. lol Filling in once in awhile is fine. I don't know how much longer Sam has. I think everyone knows he's slipping and his mistakes are egregious to the point where it's embarrassing. He's a legend and will be missed, but the end is nigh. He should be in the Hall of Fame if he isn't already.