• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Everyone needs to forget what we saw under him. These players will all be different now. 

This is something I think a lot of people need to realize. Myself included. 

I really didn't like the Zibanejad, Kreider, Kakko line last season. But then I just realized why I didn't like it. It looked directionless. Lots of puck possession, but no drive to towards a shot or even a set up. 

I'm hoping this new coaching staff will fix this type of stuff. Actual coaching should really help Kakko achieve where he wants and needs to be. Same with Lafrenière. I am going to lay off Lafrenière for now. Laviolette and his staff could possibly take these guys to that level we were expecting,  or atleast get close.

Thats a pipe dream. I know. But I gotta back the coach I've been wanting here for years. All my talk about how he can handle any type of roster and how he can develop youth. Laviolette has a really good foundation to work with here. I'm optimistic. 

• Believe 5

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is something I think a lot of people need to realize. Myself included. 

I really didn't like the Zibanejad, Kreider, Kakko line last season. But then I just realized why I didn't like it. It looked directionless. Lots of puck possession, but no drive to towards a shot or even a set up. 

I'm hoping this new coaching staff will fix this type of stuff. Actual coaching should really help Kakko achieve where he wants and needs to be. Same with Lafrenière. I am going to lay off Lafrenière for now. Laviolette and his staff could possibly take these guys to that level we were expecting,  or atleast get close.

Thats a pipe dream. I know. But I gotta back the coach I've been wanting here for years. All my talk about how he can handle any type of roster and how he can develop youth. Laviolette has a really good foundation to work with here. I'm optimistic. 

Pretty much this.

All we can do is wait and see how they do, both collectively and individually, under an entirely new coaching staff and style of play. 
We have no idea how anyone will respond or perform. 

It’s a talented group. Had good success over last 2 seasons. He’s a good HC. Good staff. 
No reason not to be enthused. 

• Believe 2

Clean slate this year! 

This year it's all about the players.  We will see just who and what everyone out there is this go 'round.  I'll admit Gallant had very little to offer in the way of X's and O's, but this is a whole different ball game tyhis year.

I'm giving it until Thanksgiving to kick in full swing.  It may take a month or 2 to grasp what's going on fully for some, but I'm looking forward to feeling a very different vibe from this team this season.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Clean slate this year! 

This year it's all about the players.  We will see just who and what everyone out there is this go 'round.  I'll admit Gallant had very little to offer in the way of X's and O's, but this is a whole different ball game tyhis year.

I'm giving it until Thanksgiving to kick in full swing.  It may take a month or 2 to grasp what's going on fully for some, but I'm looking forward to feeling a very different vibe from this team this season.

This has to excite ya a bit.....

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Clean slate this year! 

Same here.

This is the year I make a true opinion on laf kakko and chytil. They’re not kids anymore.

• Keeps it 100 2

On 9/19/2023 at 8:16 AM, Ozzy said:

We will discuss at length over a few brews and some wings very soon, my good man!!!

Fun fact chytil Is the 3rd longest tenured Ranger on the team. 

camp start’s today if I’m not mistaken so there should be some news/stories coming out 

edit: They report for camp today but it doesnt start until tomorrow apparently

Edited by siddious
  • Like 1

Nothing ground breaking here but Lohuds breakdown of the roster before camp

Forwards;

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2023/09/20/ny-rangers-training-camp-preview-forward-depth-chart/70899432007/

LW

1. Artemi Panarin

2. Chris Kreider

3. Alexis Lafrenière

4. Jimmy Vesey

Next in line

5. Will Cuylle

6. Brennan Othmann

7. Turner Elson

8. Bobby Trivigno

Center

1. Mika Zibanejad

2. Vincent Trocheck

3. Filip Chytil

4. Nick Bonino

Next in line

5. Riley Nash

6. Jonny Brodzinski

7. Jake Leschyshyn

8. Karl Henriksson

RW

1. Kaapo Kakko

2. Blake Wheeler

3. Barclay Goodrow

4. Tyler Pitlick

Next in line

5. Lafrenière/Othmann

6. Alex Belzile

7. Brodzinski/Nash

8. Anton Blidh

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Animated GIF

Think About It GIF by Identity

Lavy bringing in some swiss cheese because it took him a couple hours to figure out some guys couldn't put the puck in the ocean on a regular basis and virtually would get snuffed out all camp long vs Igor and Co (inc. the shooter Tutor)

10 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Think About It GIF by Identity

Lavy bringing in some swiss cheese because it took him a couple hours to figure out some guys couldn't put the puck in the ocean on a regular basis and virtually would get snuffed out all camp long vs Igor and Co (inc. the shooter Tutor)

Gauthier's gone, we don't have to try and make him believe he can score anymore.