• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

On 11/11/2023 at 10:53 PM, BrooksBurner said:

Zibby gets to DJ. Playing hockey is a side gig

This joke is less funny the way he is playing it feels too real.  I’m no expert for advice but there must be a better way to break out vs doing one timers.  I did notice him putting in extra effort defensively and forechecking in the first period last night, he will break out and coach will keep his head together.

I wonder what Drury could be cooking up for the right side as Kakko just isn’t there currently.  As @Keirik pointed out last night Trocheck is playing very well this stint with Bread so when Chytil returns he could be back with Kakko.  I’m still hopeful Kakko hits his stride this season and kind of looking forward to him with Chytl if that’s indeed how it shakes out for a bit.  Ottawa stinks, could we steal Tank at some point?  Stupid cap, I so wanted him back bad.

4 minutes ago, mbob said:

This joke is less funny the way he is playing it feels too real.  I’m no expert for advice but there must be a better way to break out vs doing one timers.  I did notice him putting in extra effort defensively and forechecking in the first period last night, he will break out and coach will keep his head together.

I wonder what Drury could be cooking up for the right side as Kakko just isn’t there currently.  As @Keirik pointed out last night Trocheck is playing very well this stint with Bread so when Chytil returns he could be back with Kakko.  I’m still hopeful Kakko hits his stride this season and kind of looking forward to him with Chytl if that’s indeed how it shakes out for a bit.  Ottawa stinks, could we steal Tank at some point?  Stupid cap, I so wanted him back bad.

He really wanted to come back too. It sucks. Who knows, he may be had again, but you're probably looking at Kane coming back to fill a RW spot. I really wouldn't like it too much if it meant dealing Kakko, but maybe they've already seen enough at this point.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

He really wanted to come back too. It sucks. Who knows, he may be had again, but you're probably looking at Kane coming back to fill a RW spot. I really wouldn't like it too much if it meant dealing Kakko, but maybe they've already seen enough at this point.

I don’t hate the idea of Kane as many fans, especially if he’s healthy, cap friendly, and his ass comes timely without the mess of last year.  Sitting players for cap and just how it all transpired really threw a monkey wrench.  I wouldn’t be hurt if he goes somewhere outside our division either and we land another right side part.

3 minutes ago, mbob said:

I don’t hate the idea of Kane as many fans, especially if he’s healthy, cap friendly, and his ass comes timely without the mess of last year.  Sitting players for cap and just how it all transpired really threw a monkey wrench.  I wouldn’t be hurt if he goes somewhere outside our division either and we land another right side part.

I think this situation may be a bit better for him. While I don't blame Drury for going after him last year, I think bringing him in shortly after getting Tarasenko messed up the chemistry a bit and things weren't quite the same.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

I'm starting to really think that if we gave last season's team to Laviolette, we're all seeing each other at the parade in the Canyon of Heroes.

Last year's team was one of the best they've iced in a long time, and it went completely to waste. Even the year before, too. I know they made the Conference Finals, but with better coaching that could have been a possible Cup year as well. Shesterkin was out of his mind that season, had an all-time goalie season.

31 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Last year's team was one of the best they've iced in a long time, and it went completely to waste. Even the year before, too. I know they made the Conference Finals, but with better coaching that could have been a possible Cup year as well. Shesterkin was out of his mind that season, had an all-time goalie season.

GG doesn’t actually coach.

Thats why he’s never lasted long anywhere and why he’s currently unemployed. 

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm starting to really think that if we gave last season's team to Laviolette, we're all seeing each other at the parade in the Canyon of Heroes.

It’s still very early… but the returns are good thus far. He’s made a noticeable difference.

They’re in very good shape 

• Cheers 1