• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Rangers have  games Feb 26th- March 2nd and then oddly after playing March 2nd they are off until March 9th.  That's 3 games in 13 days.  I'm guessing that is their bye week?

Oh. Yeah, maybe that's it. I'd rather have it later in the season anyway. I know they are banged up now, but still.

34 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

and why is there such a gap between games?  Almost a week.  wtf?

It's another piece of our miraculous season.  Fox, Shesterkin, Chytil and Lindgren out and we have a clean 5 days to get them better, well Fox not but it's games we didn't play while he was out.

Edited by Br4d
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

19 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

too much positivity in this post. I dont like it

Saturday the Devils will skate around us like we’re standing still and Schmid will stand on his head.
Laviolette will switch lines every period.  
Our only goal will be on a power play.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

What a stark contrast between those top two picks. lol

i remember talk before that draft that the devils might pick Kakko as #1 because he was deemed NHL ready and immediate impact player and i was like 'no, please no, please devils dont take Kakko".....i was such an idiot.

Just now, Albatrosss said:

i remember talk before that draft that the devils might pick Kakko as #1 because he was deemed NHL ready and immediate impact player and i was like 'no, please no, please devils dont take Kakko".....i was such an idiot.

lol Yeah, I remember that. I'm still not ready to give up on Kakko yet. But still, the difference....oof.

4 hours ago, Bieser said:

Saturday the Devils will skate around us like we’re standing still and Schmid will stand on his head.
Laviolette will switch lines every period.  
Our only goal will be on a power play.

And you know that PP goal is going in off someone’s ass. 

People here don't understand Murphy's law as it applies to the Rangers.  If any other team had drafted Kakko, he would have become a superstar and the person NYR would have drafted instead would have been a bust.  By the Rangers drafting Kakko, they essentially protected themselves from him from being a star for some other team.

Laviolette's media availability was interesting.  He seemed relaxed and content with the way the team was playing.  He said Lindgren skated today and seemed to be ok.

I think he needed the break as much as the players did.  That western trip and then the away game in Minnesota coming shortly after must have been taxing on everybody.

9 hours ago, Br4d said:

Laviolette's media availability was interesting.  He seemed relaxed and content with the way the team was playing.  He said Lindgren skated today and seemed to be ok.

I think he needed the break as much as the players did.  That western trip and then the away game in Minnesota coming shortly after must have been taxing on everybody.

I said it in one of the GDT's...that Minnesota game had to have felt like a real kick in the dick for the team.  They have a similar schedule in mid January where they're out west for a week, come home for one game and then fly to Ottawa.  

• Bullseye 1

Yeah because after that great start to the Minnesota game, they basically fell off a cliff and it was the Jonathan Quick show just to get a point out of that one. The scheduling is just odd, but that's why having that perfect trip was massive. They really did themselves a huge favor (finally lol) that will reap rewards all season long.