• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

This near week-long layoff is giving me August offseason vibes. Enough already!

It’s funny… the schedule makers never cease to baffle me.

They have this 5 day break that is not a bye week.

Yet immediately after that, they play 5 times in 8 days.

Why???

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

It’s funny… the schedule makers never cease to baffle me.

They have this 5 day break that is not a bye week.

Yet immediately after that, they play 5 times in 8 days.

Why???

Yeah, I don't get it. They have some guys that are banged up, so it helps in that situation. But still, it's just odd. Even the scheduling after that long road trip. They do a western swing then come all the way back home to play one game, then go back on the road for one game in Minnesota. lol What?? They really need to spread out games better. I'm actually against three games in four nights and that sort of thing. Teams are gassed and the quality of hockey tends to be bad, and it can lead to fatigue and injuries. If it were up to me, that kind of scheduling wouldn't be happening, even if it meant shaving off a few games of the regular season.

I actually a little thankful for this one, fellas.  We're a little banged up, and even though we were hot going into this little hiatus, we were slipping a little.  You could feel the wheels wobbling on the wagon....kinda.

We come back after 5 days and start it up again with fresh legs, fewer bruises and of course:

THIS MAN!!!!

Ice Hockey GIF by New York Rangers

• Cheers 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I actually a little thankful for this one, fellas.  We're a little banged up, and even though we were hot going into this little hiatus, we were slipping a little.  You could feel the wheels wobbling on the wagon....kinda.

We come back after 5 days and start it up again with fresh legs, fewer bruises and of course:

THIS MAN!!!!

Ice Hockey GIF by New York Rangers

Agreed Oz. In years prior I'd be more afraid of a break killing any kind of momentum, but I think this coaching staff knows how to keep these guys engaged. I believe they have two more breaks of similar length throughout the season so they might as well get used to maximizing it. Could always happen in the playoffs.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I don't get it. They have some guys that are banged up, so it helps in that situation. But still, it's just odd. Even the scheduling after that long road trip. They do a western swing then come all the way back home to play one game, then go back on the road for one game in Minnesota. lol What?? They really need to spread out games better. I'm actually against three games in four nights and that sort of thing. Teams are gassed and the quality of hockey tends to be bad, and it can lead to fatigue and injuries. If it were up to me, that kind of scheduling wouldn't be happening, even if it meant shaving off a few games of the regular season.

It works in their favor cause guys are hurt.

But they’re also on a heater, and now a layoff, which sucks.

But it’s illogical to give them 5 days off, immediately followed by 5 games in 8 days. Spread those games out.

• Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It works in their favor cause guys are hurt.

But they’re also on a heater, and now a layoff, which sucks.

But it’s illogical to give them 5 days off, immediately followed by 5 games in 8 days. Spread those games out.

I feel like this is how the schedule the games every year. The nhl is god awful at this. 

I don't understand why people blame the league. There's a thousand moving parts that go into making a schedule. Do you think that NHL thinks this is a good idea? Do not have a premier team and a premier market playing for a week?

Come on. They're doing the best they can. 

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Agreed Oz. In years prior I'd be more afraid of a break killing any kind of momentum, but I think this coaching staff knows how to keep these guys engaged. I believe they have two more breaks of similar length throughout the season so they might as well get used to maximizing it. Could always happen in the playoffs.

You know it's a long haul, Drew!  And for a squad this season that sports a few more veterans than years past, I think it's a welcomed break.

They can work on some stuff that needs tightening up, and watch some video to see where the breakdowns are.  All at the same time they're feeling better.

Win/Win! 

They have two 3-day breaks in December, 8 days off for the All-Star break in January + early February, and then a 4-day break in March that precedes the final stretch of games. Following that final break, there's a game every other day with the exception of two back-to-backs. It's going to be a nonstop run into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not sure if this includes this year so far but Zibanejad has 26 points in 33 games in November over the last 5 years.  All other months he averages over a point a game and March he has 68 points in 53 games.   He’s going to be fine.  

I haven’t looked into the numbers like you have- but just basic recall on it brings up him typically a pretty slow starter.

It’s more or less the norm for him. 
He’s not playing bad hockey. At all.

And I’m not very concerned about him.

Though I do think there is merit to the idea of splitting him and CK up here and there.

The two of them not consistently producing at ES is an issue and a pattern.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, Pete said:

I don't understand why people blame the league. There's a thousand moving parts that go into making a schedule. Do you think that NHL thinks this is a good idea? Do not have a premier team and a premier market playing for a week?

Come on. They're doing the best they can. 

Yeah

I know it’s difficult to match up 32 teams over 6 months and 82 games a piece all over North America.

I suppose it could not be avoided. 

Now we have Friday night in Philly and then a 1pm game on Saturday at home against the Bruins.  That's a tough schedule and I wouldn't be surprised to see Quick back on Friday night and Igor against the Bruins on Saturday.  There's just no way he plays both games.

42 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Now we have Friday night in Philly and then a 1pm game on Saturday at home against the Bruins.  That's a tough schedule and I wouldn't be surprised to see Quick back on Friday night and Igor against the Bruins on Saturday.  There's just no way he plays both games.

Agree with this. Smart to keep Quick fresh. 

16 hours ago, Br4d said:

Tomorrow is a 1PM start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1