• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Coach?

Who will be the next coach?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next coach?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Special? No. Better . Yes.

I really have to explain that? 

The rebuilding Rangers went to the ECF with a bum like Gallant.  The rebuilding Devils remained rebuilding  years after Hynes left. The guy who played Hughes on the 4th line.took charge a few years prior to their rebuild.  They were to be competitive.  But weren't. Hynes was so good, he coached the Devils into being bad enough to get the 1OA pick. TWICE.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Special? No. Better . Yes.

I really have to explain that? 

The rebuilding Rangers went to the ECF with a bum like Gallant.  The rebuilding Devils remained rebuilding  years after Hynes left. The guy who played Hughes on the 4th line.took charge a few years prior to their rebuild.  They were to be competitive.  But weren't. 

LOL, what?  

The Rangers sent 'the letter' under AV in 17/18.  Zib broke out in 18/19.  They signed Panarin, Fox and Lindgren debuted in 19/20.  Shesterkin took over in 20/21.  Gallant took over in 21/22.

In 18/19 Kyle Palmeri lead the Devils in scoring with 50, Hall was hurt, Hischer and Bratt were 20, their top D pair was Severson and Vatanen, and they had Keith Kinkaid start 38 games.  Totally supposed to be competitive.

Hughes, as a frail 18 yo, played the majority of his time with Palmeri, Hall, Hichser, and Bratt.  When he wasn't with them he was with Simmonds so he didn't die.  In his time with Hynes, he averaged 16:02 a night and had 11 points in 24 games.  After Hynes left, Hughes averaged 15:46 a night and had 10 points in 37 games.

Edited by Long live the King

5 hours ago, Long live the King said:

LOL, what?  

The Rangers sent 'the letter' under AV in 17/18.  Zib broke out in 18/19.  They signed Panarin, Fox and Lindgren debuted in 19/20.  Shesterkin took over in 20/21.  Gallant took over in 21/22.

In 18/19 Kyle Palmeri lead the Devils in scoring with 50, Hall was hurt, Hischer and Bratt were 20, their top D pair was Severson and Vatanen, and they had Keith Kinkaid start 38 games.  Totally supposed to be competitive.

Hughes, as a frail 18 yo, played the majority of his time with Palmeri, Hall, Hichser, and Bratt.  When he wasn't with them he was with Simmonds so he didn't die.  In his time with Hynes, he averaged 16:02 a night and had 11 points in 24 games.  After Hynes left, Hughes averaged 15:46 a night and had 10 points in 37 games.

Tired 90S GIF

Excuses excuses. 

The good news for those who are growing impatient is that this appears to be heading toward the finish line. One source told me they believe a final decision will be announced before the end of the week, perhaps as soon as Wednesday.

At the moment, I would lay out these odds: Laviolette - 60%; Hynes - 30%; Other - 10%.

If Knoblauch gets an assistant role, who would ya'll suggest take over for Hartford? Would Roy have any interest in an AHL gig? 

I'm totally thinking hand picked assistants are the hold up. Kevin McCarthy follows Laviolette everywhere to run his defenses. I'm guessing the Rangers might have to agree to taking him.  But its probably contingent on if Laviolette will take Knoblauch. 

Yes. Speculation.  

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If Knoblauch gets an assistant role, who would ya'll suggest take over for Hartford? Would Roy have any interest in an AHL gig? 

I'm totally thinking hand picked assistants are the hold up. Kevin McCarthy follows Laviolette everywhere to run his defenses. I'm guessing the Rangers might have to agree to taking him.  But its probably contingent on if Laviolette will take Knoblauch. 

Yes. Speculation.  

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

• LOL 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:36 PM, Pete said:

When is the last time that particular coach lasted 3 years on the same team?

The book is out on him, he's a fraud. 

Pete, we get it, you don't like GG. But tell us, who was going to win with that team against the Devils? Who is going to win with this team next season? To read your posts, it seems all it would take is a coach with a system. Hope so. But against the Devils, the team was exposed, not the coach. They were extremely soft, and weren't willing to do the things needed to win a playoff series. And GG was right, they knew what they needed to do, they just weren't willing to do it. They weren't built for the playoffs. And who builds the team? The GM.

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Pete, we get it, you don't like GG. But tell us, who was going to win with that team against the Devils? Who is going to win with this team next season? To read your posts, it seems all it would take is a coach with a system. Hope so. But against the Devils, the team was exposed, not the coach. They were extremely soft, and weren't willing to do the things needed to win a playoff series. And GG was right, they knew what they needed to do, they just weren't willing to do it. They weren't built for the playoffs. And who builds the team? The GM.

both things can be true. Coach didn’t have a system and the players were soft. You get better by fixing one of those things and one is a lot easier to fix than the other. 

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

both things can be true. Coach didn’t have a system and the players were soft. You get better by fixing one of those things and one is a lot easier to fix than the other. 

You can't fix the second one by changing the first.  Soft is soft.

• Keeps it 100 2

8 hours ago, jamsim1967 said:

The coach wasn't exposed? Ruff made a adjustments and GG didn't. But the coach wasn't exposed? Laughable. 

Soft? They didn't lose because they got outhit or roughed up out of the building. There was one game where it got physical and refs had to manage it. 

Whether a coach fixes all this remains to be seen but this team has enough talent that they should run it back out with a better coach. 

• Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Br4d said:

You can't fix the second one by changing the first.  Soft is soft.

No maybe not but my point still stands. Blame goes on both parties. Gg still had to go. 

I certainly hope drury makes some roster moves too

• Like 1

Not in love with Hynes. If Q was never happening, I think Laviolette was the best of the 'retread' coaches out there, and commands more respect. The entire coaching staff definitely needs an overhaul, though. Wasn't Hynes not that great with young players or was that false and/or overblown? I don't remember where I heard that exactly.