• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Coach?

Who will be the next coach?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next coach?

Paul Maurice has a system period. It's going on pretty close to a quarter century old now without a cup and overall very little playoff success, but now all the sudden his system is a good/great one and finals worthy. Not the players or the goalie standing on his head (for the most part).

The players dragged him this far this time around I don't think he suddenly designed  a gem imo. It's way way more about the GM making a trade for a beast like Tkachuk. 

Regardless we have neither.

• Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I thought they were just waiting for Q to get reinstated. If not, why the hell did this take so long? lol

I think I read up here somewhere that the NHL laid out a slalom of things he had to complete before he got reinstated.

Some kinda bullshit story....Q's gotta complete some kind of "therapy" or some shit like that. 

Fucking Craig MacTavish killed a guy in a drunken car accident, went to jail, and they let him back in.   But Quenneville can't coach again?  Yeah...ok

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think I read up here somewhere that the NHL laid out a slalom of things he had to complete before he got reinstated.

Some kinda bullshit story....Q's gotta complete some kind of "therapy" or some shit like that. 

Fucking Craig MacTavish killed a guy in a drunken car accident, went to jail, and they let him back in.   But Quenneville can't coach again?  Yeah...ok

It’s a valid point on a level. 

Though if Q really did play the role in sweeping all of what happened under the rug, then he likely shouldn’t coach again. If something is discovered or comes out that maybe the circumstances weren’t that, then he should get another look. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

It’s a valid point on a level. 

Though if Q really did play the role in sweeping all of what happened under the rug, then he likely shouldn’t coach again. If something is discovered or comes out that maybe the circumstances weren’t that, then he should get another look. 

I don't think he was even charged with anything.  I think he was accused of "not saying anything".

All I'm saying is there have been some pretty extreme cases of players doing some pretty stupid shit over the years, and the NHL won't allow this guy to coach unless he eats six apples and shits a fruit salad for Bettman?

I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't think he was even charged with anything.  I think he was accused of "not saying anything".

All I'm saying is there have been some pretty extreme cases of players doing some pretty stupid shit over the years, and the NHL won't allow this guy to coach unless he eats six apples and shits a fruit salad for Bettman?

I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

I don’t disagree with your last point. And I think people have kind of viewed him as the actual perpetrator of the crime.

But…. It’s a different era. And if he actually did what he’s accused of, it’s hard to let him coach again

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

I don’t disagree with your last point. And I think people have kind of viewed him as the actual perpetrator of the crime.

But…. It’s a different era. And if he actually did what he’s accused of, it’s hard to let him coach again

I remember when Don Murdoch got suspended, I think it was 40 games or some crazy shit like that for Cocaine charges.  I think he actually got caught smuggling it over the Canadian border.

Probert got nabbed in the Detroit-Windsor tunnel with more than a few bumps on him!

Q didn't even get charged for anything, did he?  I'm not positive if he did or not.