• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Coach?

Who will be the next coach?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next coach?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lmao.

Hynes has had success with NOBODY. His record stinks. His excuse for not winning is the loss of his all world goalie. If all you can do is rely on your goalie to carry the team.... you have the NY Rangers. 

Playoff record-  Sucks. 

Regular season record- Sucks

Hynes- Sucks

Was the Nashville roster any worse than the Rangers? I don't think so. Not by much, if at all.  Nashville has had some decent players. Let's notvact like he's been coaching the  expansion Senators. This talk of this Rangers roster being the most talented roster he'd ever been in charge of is a slight reach. Top player for top player. The rosters aren't that far apart. Heck he got nothing out of a stud like Jeannot last year to the point they had to move on from him and trade him. 

Stinks.

Do I really have to explain the difference between 'all you can do is rely on your goalie to carry the team' versus losing your starter and having David Rittich and Connor Ingram as your backups?

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Heck he got nothing out of a stud like Jeannot last year to the point they had to move on from him and trade him. 

Wait what?  What makes Jeannot a stud?  Was it the 24 goals he scored in his first full season...under Hynes?  Or was it the 4 points in 20 games he scored for Tampa?  The no points and -2 in 3 playoff games for Tampa?

Over the last few years I'd  say

Forsberg = Zibanejad 

Duchene = Strome/Trocheck 

Josi = Fox

Johansen > Chytil 

Jeannot < Kreider 

Panarin <  no comparison 

Ekholm =< Trouba

Grandlund< Rest of Rangers forwards 

Shesterkin is the best in the game. 

McDonagh hit a huge wall playing for him.

The names that have come and gone through Nashville under Hynes that have landed on their feet elsewhere?

Cousions

Haula

Arvidsson 

Jarnkrok 

Tolvanen

Jeanott

I'm sure there's more. 

In comparison,  the Rangers have had a better goalie an elite LW that Nashville and half the league doesn't have and I'll throw in Miller as a player the Preds kinda can't match but McD should be equal to,  yet went to shit upon arrival. 

It hasn't been insanely better. But better and that's what I said 

22 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Do I really have to explain the difference between 'all you can do is rely on your goalie to carry the team' versus losing your starter and having David Rittich and Connor Ingram as your backups?

What would he do if he lost Shesterkin. Any team that loses their starter us in trouble. His team folded like a card table. 

12 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Wait what?  What makes Jeannot a stud?  Was it the 24 goals he scored in his first full season...under Hynes?  Or was it the 4 points in 20 games he scored for Tampa?  The no points and -2 in 3 playoff games for Tampa?

The huge contract that everyone is expecting him to get. 

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Go take a look at the career sv% for Halak and then Rittich/Ingram.

Go look at Domingue and the other trash the Penguins had to put out against the Rangers. They atleast put up a fight. 

Teams battle through goalie injuries. They do better than Hynes team did. What'd his team finished in the regular season that year? Was it 5th or 4th? Team didn't play very well. Never did. The regular season records and playoff records back that statement  

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Go look at Domingue and the other trash the Penguins had to put out against the Rangers. They atleast put up a fight. 

Teams battle through goalie injuries. They do better than Hynes team did. What'd his team finished in the regular season that year? Was it 5th or 4th? Team didn't play very well. Never did. The regular season records and playoff records back that statement  

Why am I looking at Spicey Pork?  He was trash.  The series was close because Igor was shell shocked by Crosby in Pitt.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/NSH/2022.html

They were a one line team with Josi and a decent goalie and AHL backups.  I don't know how you can look at that roster and say it's better and deeper than the Rangers.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. Maybe read better and don't get triggered by key words like "better". 

It's written fine. 

I mean maybe the English isn't half bad but this entire part is completely wrong.

Was the Nashville roster any worse than the Rangers? I don't think so. Not by much, if at all.  Nashville has had some decent players. Let's notvact like he's been coaching the  expansion Senators. This talk of this Rangers roster being the most talented roster he'd ever been in charge of is a slight reach. Top player for top player. The rosters aren't that far apart.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mean maybe the English isn't half bad but this entire part is completely wrong.

"Top player for top player. The rosters aren't that far apart"

"This talk of this Rangers roster being the most talented roster he'd ever been in charge of is a slight reach."

Somehow doesn't get the point across enough?

"Was the Nashville roster any worse than the Rangers? I don't think so. Not by much"  

This wasn't easy enough for you to grasp?  Seriously. Whats the issue? Where does it say the rosters are equal? Clearly says otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Top player for top player. The rosters aren't that far apart"

"This talk of this Rangers roster being the most talented roster he'd ever been in charge of is a slight reach."

Somehow doesn't get the point across enough?

"Was the Nashville roster any worse than the Rangers? I don't think so. Not by much"  

This wasn't easy enough for you to grasp?  Seriously. Whats the issue? Where does it say the rosters are equal? Clearly says otherwise. 

It says they're not that far off, and they're pretty far off. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Lmao.

Hynes has had success with NOBODY. His record stinks. His excuse for not winning is the loss of his all world goalie. If all you can do is rely on your goalie to carry the team.... you have the NY Rangers. 

Playoff record-  Sucks. 

Regular season record- Sucks

Hynes- Sucks

Was the Nashville roster any worse than the Rangers? I don't think so. Not by much, if at all.  Nashville has had some decent players. Let's notvact like he's been coaching the  expansion Senators. This talk of this Rangers roster being the most talented roster he'd ever been in charge of is a slight reach. Top player for top player. The rosters aren't that far apart. Heck he got nothing out of a stud like Jeannot last year to the point they had to move on from him and trade him. 

Stinks.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Weird. I never said that.   So.. ? 

Again, your telling me this roster is on par with the current Rangers.  Its not close.  

51 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If I were listing the top players from both the Rangers and Predators rosters in ranked fashion, 4 of the top 5 are Rangers.

Meh. Disagree.  Some are equal or a slight edge to the Rangers. Rangers hit big with Shesterkin (Saros ain't no joke though) and Panarin for the win. It's not by much. 

7 game series would be tough. Well, not with Hynes coaching either team.

Its not a gigantic upgrade in talent as some are making it out to be.. He's not coming from the Blue Jackets or Chicago. Two years before taking over, the team was in the finals (coached by the better coach). 

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Again, your telling me this roster is on par with the current Rangers.  Its not close.  

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

It says they're not that far off, and they're pretty far off. 

Except it's not.

I mean the Rangers record is better. That's a coaching issue  though. Because Hynes stinks. 

I already did the comparisons. Besides Panarin and Shesterkin,  it's not a huge difference. Preds may actually have been deeper at forward. Again. This is over the years. Not just this season. 

I'm not going to break it down by career points or player similarities right now. Maybe tomorrow. I'm pretty confident the numbers are close.  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Except it's not.

I mean the Rangers record is better. That's a coaching issue  though. Because Hynes stinks. 

I already did the comparisons. Besides Panarin and Shesterkin,  it's not a huge difference. Preds may actually have been deeper at forward. Again. This is over the years. Not just this season. 

I'm not going to break it down by career points or player similarities right now. Maybe tomorrow. I'm pretty confident the numbers are close.  

Don't bother.  It's impossible to value your comparison when you have 2nd line center PP1 Johansen compared to 3rd line center barely gets any PP time Chytil.  Your comparison also make no mention of Lindgren which is odd.

• JIMMY! 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Don't bother.  It's impossible to value your comparison when you have 2nd line center PP1 Johansen compared to 3rd line center barely gets any PP time Chytil.  Your comparison also make no mention of Lindgren which is odd.

Well that's because the Preds were deep at center. I used Duchene as the #2 center to match up against Strome/Trocheck. Who should I match Johansen to? McKegg? Blackwell? Howden?