• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Coach?

Who will be the next coach?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next coach?

11 hours ago, Long live the King said:

No.  Forsberg is a wing. Their top line was Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund.

You're correct and I should have known that. He's listed as a C on Hockey Reference, but he really hasn't played much C in his career. 

But with him being their best all around forward,  I still match him to Zibanejad.  It's does throw off my positional matchups, which doesn't really matter in the end anyway. Player for player, its not earth an shattering difference. Unless all of a sudden everyone loves Panarin..

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

This wait is ridiculous. It's gotta be that they're waiting on Quennville. 

Is there an assistant on Florida or Vegas that interests anyone? 

Huh??  What????

Im Back Wake Up GIF

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

This wait is ridiculous. It's gotta be that they're waiting on Quennville. 

Is there an assistant on Florida or Vegas that interests anyone? 

It does seem as though there’s something else going on… perhaps waiting on the Quenneville situation… perhaps someone/something else. 

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Don't give me hope!  Just piss on my dreams, and tell me it's raining!  LOL

Lol Oz!

Its hard to imagine the delay now being for any other reason then their being another candidate. I suppose it’s possible there may be some issue regarding one of the two “front runners “ in some way… perhaps money, term, or staff, that they are not in agreement over in some way. I guess we will see.

Itll all have to play out. The only certainty is that we will hear anything about it or that any question regarding it will get answered.

Drury says less than Harpo Marx. 

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I'm still available, just waiting on my interview.

Have a feeling Drury is in no rush because he isn't in love with any of his choices and he knows he can always just hire Knoblauch.   The real question is did Knoblauch ever learn how to throw to first base?

You didn’t hear…? They moved him to LF

6 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I'm still available, just waiting on my interview.

Have a feeling Drury is in no rush because he isn't in love with any of his choices and he knows he can always just hire Knoblauch.   The real question is did Knoblauch ever learn how to throw to first base?

I think that was Steve Sax but I might be wrong.  Just looked it up and it was both of them.  It's called Steve Sax Syndrome.

Edited by Br4d

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Huh??  What????

Im Back Wake Up GIF

I'm not for it. It's bad Juju. That Chicago situation shouldn't just go away. I have very little morals. But I can't turn a blind eye to that.

Sometimes you just have to draw a line. It's not in good taste to hire Quennville.

The circus, the comments, the black cloud and the non stop questioning of his part in the situation isn't something this organization needs. 

I’m not even sure it matters who anymore. Two guys who got canned last year and with new teams this year are both in the Finals with teams people weren’t expecting to be there.

Hynes probably has as good a chance as anyone else to be successful 🤷‍♂️

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m not even sure it matters who anymore. Two guys who got canned last year and with new teams this year are both in the Finals with teams people weren’t expecting to be there.

Hynes probably has as good a chance as anyone else to be successful 🤷‍♂️

Yup. Said the same about Hynes a little while back. Were Vegas fans super happy when DeBoer was named? I'll try to find the positive in whoever they go with. Same as I did with Gallant.

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. Said the same about Hynes a little while back. Were Vegas fans super happy when DeBoer was named? I'll try to find the positive in whoever they go with. Same as I did with Gallant.

It's like how much is it even coaching? These two coaches in the finals, a history of rather disappointing seasons. One or two good Cupless seasons sprinkled in. All of a sudden both in their first year with a new team are in it. I don't know how much more proof anyone needs that it's like 70% players, 25% luck, 5% coaching.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It's like how much is it even coaching? These two coaches in the finals, a history of rather disappointing seasons. One or two good Cupless seasons sprinkled in. All of a sudden both in their first year with a new team are in it. I don't know how much more proof anyone needs that it's like 70% players, 25% luck, 5% coaching.

If that was true the Oilers would be in the finals every year.

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I know you desperately want this to be true because it falls in line with your narrative, but then it wouldn't really explain Craig Berube taking over a last place team in January and leading them to a cup. 

Vegas missed the playoffs last year, lost their starting goalie as well as their captain and arguably best player for half the season, but gained a Bruce Cassidy who brought defensive structure (oh hey, look how that works!) Which has Adin Hill looking like a world beater. Eichel, Petro, and Theodore also missed big chunks of time. 

But you're right, it doesn't have anything to do with coaching. 

NHL teams are paying these guys millions to yell change it up!

Edited by Pete