• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Off-season Thread: Endless Pain, Hatred, and Rage ... Also Boredom

Phil

https://nypost.com/2023/05/06/hartfords-kris-knoblauch-an-internal-option-for-possible-rangers-coaching-change/

Now president-general manager Chris Drury has the opportunity to pull a classic Costanza opposite move for the Blueshirts in the wake of head coach Gerrard Gallant’s mutually-agreed upon decision to step down as reported first by The Post on Saturday afternoon. 

Hartford coach Kris Koblauch should be featured among of the list candidates to succeed Gallant, whose .662 points percentage over his two years in New York is the best in franchise history among those with at least 100 games behind the bench.

And now the Wolf Pack have advanced to the division finals against Hershey after defeating Springfield in a two-game sweep of a best-of-three and a four-game victory over Providence in a best-of-five culminating on Friday with Dylan Garand’s second shutout of the playoffs.

And who is the Pack’s best player? Tim Gettinger, maybe?

Sometimes it is not about the biggest name. Sometimes it is not about marquee value. Sometimes, chicken salad on rye, untoasted, with a cup of tea hits the spot.

How does this Brooks guy do it folks? Churning out quality content time after time.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

https://nypost.com/2023/05/06/hartfords-kris-knoblauch-an-internal-option-for-possible-rangers-coaching-change/

How does this Brooks guy do it folks? Churning out quality content time after time.

I think @Dunny mentioned it earlier but I’m done with the retreads. I want our own guy that has earned this spot. Knoblauch has done all that was asked. I would be very interested in Andrew Brunette too. 

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sometimes it's the AHL, where Defensemen suck and the forwards are one dimensional turds. 

Do they really want to take a step back and go with inexperience?  Maybe on the next coach. Not this time. Not after firing Gorton and JD.  

You can't move on from Gallant after that record, then go with a noname. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Sometimes it's the AHL, where Defensemen suck and the forwards are one dimensional turds. 

Do they really want to take a step back and go with inexperience?  Maybe on the next coach. Not this time. Not after firing Gorton and JD.  

Eh.. new nhl coach? Sure. Not really quite the same as Quinn though he’s got a lot more top level experience than quinn did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I can see Drury next move is him needing to go with a puppet in Knob.  

• Keeps it 100 1

Knoblauch is probably the best option for the Rangers right now.  Other than Quenneville he's the only non-retread.

Also he's the best option to work with the young guys, including the guys he just coached down at Hartford.

The idea that the next guy has to be able to co-exist with Panarin is ludicrous on the face of it because Panarin just disappeared at a time of great need.

Edited by Br4d
  • Like 2

I really believe  the Devils are cup bound, now have Luke Hughes looking like an NHL vet right out of the gate and will most likely trade for Quinn within a year or two. They are going to fuck the east for the next 5-10 years.

But we have Kakko and Laff so…. yeah.

Anger. Maybe hockey isnt for me anymore.

9 hours ago, siddious said:

Eh.. new nhl coach? Sure. Not really quite the same as Quinn though he’s got a lot more top level experience than quinn did. 

Meh. Quinn was a part of the USA hockey program, coached in the A, was an assistant coach in the NHL,  coached a top college program for Boston, then coached the Rangers, then coached the US Olympic team,  then git a job with SJ. 

Knoblauch had coached a Jr team for 5 years, a WJC team., was an assistant with the Flyers for 2 seasons and has been coach of the Wolfpack for like 4 years now and hasn't really had much success until this year. 

Not much more top level experience.  Its one more year than Quinn at the NHL assistant level.  

Somehow Quinn is on his 2nd NHL gig as Knoblauch is puttering along in the A for 4 years now.. 

If Knoblauch gets the job, it's because he must be good buds with Drury.  I don't see how Knoblauch should even be a serious name in the conversation. 

• Like 1

I forgot where I mentioned it but really the only card gallant has in his favor (or had) is that there was not an obvious replacement available like there was when he was hired into the job. Like, yes, obviously change is needed and we probably win that series with literally anyone behind the bench, but we might be finding out who that literally anyone could be lol 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Meh. Quinn was a part of the USA hockey program, coached in the A, was an assistant coach in the NHL,  coached a top college program for Boston, then coached the Rangers, then coached the US Olympic team,  then git a job with SJ. 

Knoblauch had coached a Jr team for 5 years, a WJC team., was an assistant with the Flyers for 2 seasons and has been coach of the Wolfpack for like 4 years now and hasn't really had much success until this year. 

Not much more top level experience.  Its one more year than Quinn at the NHL assistant level.  

Somehow Quinn is on his 2nd NHL gig as Knoblauch is puttering along in the A for 4 years now.. 

If Knoblauch gets the job, it's because he must be good buds with Drury.  I don't see how Knoblauch should even be a serious name in the conversation. 

We’ll I guess if you’re gonna use facts and reason then we can’t have a conversation 

• LOL 1

On 5/7/2023 at 4:11 AM, BrooksBurner said:

Patrick Kane 5 yrs $7.6M

Vladimir Tarasenko 3 yrs $5.3M

Evolving Hockey definitely didn't watch Rangers this season. Who the fuck are giving Kane 7.5m for 5 years??

I'd take Tank at 5.3m for 3 years in a heartbeat (if we had the cap space).

No one else on that list we can afford. Maaaybe Haula as 3C and move Chytil to wing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Evolving Hockey definitely didn't watch Rangers this season. Who the fuck are giving Kane 7.5m for 5 years??

I'd take Tank at 5.3m for 3 years in a heartbeat (if we had the cap space).

No one else on that list we can afford. Maaaybe Haula as 3C and move Chytil to wing?

I thought Kane and Tarasenko’s estimates would be closer if they were swapped.

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I thought Kane and Tarasenko’s estimates would be closer if they were swapped.

Yeah, that would make more sense. Tank is still 31 and he looked healthy and fine here. Don't see why he would settle for a 3 years contract on the open market.

While Kane is 34 with a fucked up shoulder. There's no sane person out there willing to give him 5+ years.

15 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah, that would make more sense. Tank is still 31 and he looked healthy and fine here. Don't see why he would settle for a 3 years contract on the open market.

While Kane is 34 with a fucked up shoulder. There's no sane person out there willing to give him 5+ years.

FWIW they have the probabilities on term length pretty close together for both players. Tarasenko is about as likely to sign for any other term between 2-5 years , and Kane between 1-5 years.

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Sure there is, because NHL GMs don't make deals based on the worst 2 week of someone's career, while injured. 

The only way he doesn't get a long term deal is if that extent of the hip is worse than Kane is letting on. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sure there is, because NHL GMs don't make deals based on the worst 2 week of someone's career, while injured. 

The only way he doesn't get a long term deal is if that extent of the hip is worse than Kane is letting on. 

Arizona exists too. If his hip is worse than he's letting on, he'll end up back there on a second stint.

The risk of a deal with some term is pretty minimal.