• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Off-season Thread: Endless Pain, Hatred, and Rage ... Also Boredom

Phil

"You just have to accept people for what they are. And I learned the greatest gift of all. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent. And the choices that you make will shape your life …"

Definitely gonna be a while before I can bring myself to give a shit, but a brutal embarrassment brings its own kind of entertainment. Do they figure out the "stars" they tied the wagon to are actually glorified Ray Whitneys, or do they shuffle the chairs on the Titanic deck and pretend this isn't exactly what Panarin is?

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Pete said:

The thing that pisses me off the most is I'm watching this handshake line and I'm trying to think who on either of these teams hates each other. And the answer is nobody. 

Makes for awkward situations on the Wake boat in July.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

The thing that pisses me off the most is I'm watching this handshake line and I'm trying to think who on either of these teams hates each other. And the answer is nobody. 

Gotta give it at least a couple of playoff series. If they played next year in the playoffs it would be more heated. It’s a rivalry to fans, but the two teams had not played meaningful hockey against each other for 11 years.

2 minutes ago, Art20c said:

How long till galant gets the cab?

Gallant may not be a master tactician. But we would then be on the 3rd coach in a row trying to get the same set of highly paid NHL hockey players to shoot, go to the net and try to score.

• Bullseye 2
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Brutal. Embarrassing. Gut wrenching. Miserable. 

the first of our seasons missing the playoffs just get inevitable. It was time. 

the end of every season since then offered hope, and progress, and I was never upset with the team after their season ended, even last year. 

this is different 

but remember people. Life will go on. More to life than the rangers. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Gallant may not be a master tactician. But we would then be on the 3rd coach in a row trying to get the same set of highly paid NHL hockey players to shoot, go to the net and try to score.

Right. This is why changing the coach is not enough.

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Somebody has to be held responsible for this embarrassment. Not with this roster

I change the coach because you need to change something with this much talent while they still are all on the team. If this was next season I look to the future where 13 and 24 are our top six. But this group has one more shot left and it’s free to swap coaches, so you do it.