• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Taking Calls on Kaapo Kakko

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I feel like the value is equal honestly. He doesn't fill a role that no one else couldn't step into. I feel like he needs a jumpstart elsewhere because he doesn't look good here. I feel the lights are a bit too bright for Mr. Kakko. It's okay, he isn't the first and he seems like a nice guy who tries hard. Wish him luck wherever it may be but I don't think he gets unlocked here.

He's a RW who makes nothing. Do you see many RWs on the Rangers who are 22 and cost controlled, and can defend on a team who's not great at defending overall?

Edited by Pete

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's a RW who makes nothing. Do you see many RWs on the Rangers who are 22 and cost controlled, and can defend on a team who's not great at defending overall?

It's a fair point but I also forsee a package where we could recoup that role. Read those reviews posted earlier; the kids needs a reset somewhere. It isn't here. 

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'd bet that if Kakko starts his career in the AHL...maybe even for a full season or two...we're looking at very different player right now.

Not saying any other team would've had the balls to do that given his "2OA NHL Ready" evaluation...

and yet if were evaluated as a mid to late 1rst rounder, that outcome would be normal...

• Bullseye 1

47 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

I'd bet that if Kakko starts his career in the AHL...maybe even for a full season or two...we're looking at very different player right now.

Not saying any other team would've had the balls to do that given his "2OA NHL Ready" evaluation...

and yet if were evaluated as a mid to late 1rst rounder, that outcome would be normal...

Should have been done after the first season

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Any stint at all may have made a difference. I don't think he would have needed a full season. 

Should have put him on a conditioning assignment upon returning from his latest injury. The Rangers want to say they learned their lesson with how they initially brought kids along. Then they rush Kakko back into the lineup. They didn't learn shit. IDC what they say about how they are overhandling the current kids. They constantly fail at feeling a pulse on their players. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Well....rumor mill has Buffalo, Anaheim and Minnesota linked to Kakko.

According to this article Buffalo may be shopping Casey Mittelstadt, Erik Johnson, and Victor Olofsson.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/news/sabres-reportedly-eyeing-rangers-forward

Appreciate the link…

But The Hockey News is a dogshit rag. 
Has been for quite some time.

Mittlestadt already has 32 5v5 points this year. That's 1 less than Panarin. Last year he had 39, one less than Zibanejad. He's 25 years old. If he's actually available, and for a reasonable price, you go do it.

The main knock at this stage is he isn't a goal scorer, but a Panarin-Mittelstadt pairing could be Panarin-Strome on steroids.

I like Middlestadt.

Don’t believe anything in THN though.

It sucks. 

And it doesn’t make sense that they’d be shopping him.

That said…Buffalo has been patient with him and got little through 5 seasons. 
I wonder what would happen if we all did the same with Kakko.

35 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'd drive Kakko to the airport in a deal for Mittelstadt

@Pete

Edit: Fuck it. I'd drive Kakko from NYC all the way to Buffalo.

That would be one stimulating car ride conversation.

kakko voice:

Wow! Nice car.

Wow! Nice road.

Wow! Nice trip. 

• LMFAO 1