• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

Alright, since it seems pretty obvious Strome isn't re-signing, and I'm going to go ahead and guess they aren't going to pay Copp either, I think they'll re-configure via trade (Suter or similarly priced mid-6 C) and add a good depth center signing (Rask or similar).

cap-without-strome.png

45 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Alright, since it seems pretty obvious Strome isn't re-signing, and I'm going to go ahead and guess they aren't going to pay Copp either, I think they'll re-configure via trade (Suter or similarly priced mid-6 C) and add a good depth center signing (Rask or similar).

cap-without-strome.png

It's Father's Day homie, take the day off. 

• LMFAO 2

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Playing video games and NHL cap crunching is taking the day off. Come on man...you're a Dad. You know what's up.

I mowed and now I'm gonna grill and I've been pounding Land Sharks. Thankfully I've got no work tomorrow. 

• Cheers 2

Man, Key has such a great run. After a few shaky games to start against Pittsburgh, he was the most consistent guy in the back end. 

i hope he keeps going. I anticipated him taking almost this long before getting to the nhl, so to see him blossom this offseason was a great sign. We knew he had the athleticism, it was about becoming a hockey player and an NHL defenseman, and he seems to have gotten it. Can’t wait to see what next season brings.  Like, holy fuck, I can’t wait to see what next season brings for him. 

We are all on the ground floor of this future deal- Lets fast forward 3 years when Key's bridge deal is up

To Tampa:

K Miller

K Kakko (late throw in to make Tampa acquiesce) 

To NYR

Hibor Lijak (lynchpin of the deal)

Cal Foote

Conditional 1st (reverts to a 2nd round pick in 2030 if the Lightning don't win the Super Bowl)  

• LMFAO 5

4 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

but speaking of Buffalo.

can we give them Georgiev's rights if they take Nemeth off our hands? 

No one wants Georgiev's rights. No one. He's due a qualifying offer of like $2.6 million. Why on earth would you want to be on the hook for that when you can just wait for free agency when the Rangers don't qualify him and offer him less?

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

No one wants Georgiev's rights. No one. He's due a qualifying offer of like $2.6 million. Why on earth would you want to be on the hook for that when you can just wait for free agency when the Rangers don't qualify him and offer him less?

If a team thinks he’s a half time starter or more, why wouldn’t they? They also might want to have his RFA rights and negotiate signing him for longer (3-3.5M x 3) rather than just resorting to a QO. If he hits UFA market, nobody knows how many bidders or how high it might drive the price up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

also just the chance to get early negotiations in before anyone has a shot at it. Worst case scenario he doesn't sign and you probably just got a guy you can buy out and help you get to the cap floor (Nemeth)

its really not that crazy tbh