• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

9 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

William Nylander for 2C. Yay or nay, and what's the cost?

You'll get more points, but also more soft play. He produces in the playoffs, but Leafs don't ever advance past R1.

I mean you know you're giving away Key Miller + something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

William Nylander for 2C. Yay or nay, and what's the cost?

Nah. Expensive 2-year rental they cant afford to re-sign. Does he even play much C? He didnt take many faceoffs. He's smallish, doesnt pk, isnt physical...

Would make more sense to re-sign Strome.

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

You'll get more points, but also more soft play. He produces in the playoffs, but Leafs don't ever advance past R1.

I mean you know you're giving away Key Miller + something.

Yeah, if not Miller, they'd probably want Schneider at least. It's tough to pin the Leafs struggles on any one player, but yeah he's not making the Rangers "tougher" that's for sure. He'd probably work well with Panarin, however.

Just now, josh said:

Nah. Expensive 2-year rental they cant afford to re-sign. Does he even play much C? He didnt take many faceoffs. He's smallish, doesnt pk, isnt physical...

Would make more sense to re-sign Strome.

I don't think he's played C recently, though I don't think that's by choice. Matthews and Tavares block him. For the record, he's got good faceoff numbers, and if I were him I'd relish the opportunity to move back to center for the final 2 years of contract.

The exact type of kid that should Beni the AHL. Such horseshit rule.

I d rather see him play in Europe than junior again. 

i don’t see him as an everyday NHLer. Plus, he has to switch to RW - which will make him a perfect for on this team