• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

It's impossible to know with Goodrow, as we don't know the extent of the injury. Even if we assume it's a fractured ankle, it's obviously not some kind of crazy compound fracture, likely just hairline, so when that sets, give it a week, and then it's all down to pain threshold.

I say there's an outside chance he's back by game 5.

Fractured ankle can mean different things. If it's hairline fracture, plausible he could be skating by the end of the series. If it was a compound fracture, nobody would be saying anything like that ebcause we're talking months of recovery. 

45 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I wonder if Fox gets booed like Calgary did. I don’t recall them booing him in Raleigh though? 

You think those fans even know what that was all about?  I doubt it! 

• The Chyt! 1

They'd have to be hockey fans to be aware that the Canes once had his rights.  As has been frequently observed, this is simply a lame hockey market, however many Northern transplants they might have.  They were all on board when they won the cup but interest completely evaporated thereafter.  Now they're interested again, for fifteen minutes.

• The Chyt! 2

9 hours ago, Sod16 said:

They'd have to be hockey fans to be aware that the Canes once had his rights.  As has been frequently observed, this is simply a lame hockey market, however many Northern transplants they might have.  They were all on board when they won the cup but interest completely evaporated thereafter.  Now they're interested again, for fifteen minutes.

This is mostly correct. There is a small core of diehards who are there all season but the bandwagon is loaded up to the gills right now with a lot of fans who 100% do not know a lot of the rules of the game. I took a Bruins fan to game 5 last series and he was losing it listening to and observing all the newbie fans.  That said he admitted it was one of the loudest. most energized hockey arenas he had ever been in. Our brand of Hick Hockey can be pretty fun in its own ways.

Edited by CanesFanRandy
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Game day! Let’s fucking go!

Ill be out there with a crew by 4 pm. Our pregames are more like football.... Huge, endless tailgate scene with grills smoking far and wide. Quite the contrast from a game at MSG. Pumped up get it going tonight!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanesFanRandy said:

Ill be out there with a crew by 4 pm. Our pregames are more like football.... Huge, endless tailgate scene with grills smoking far and wide. Quite the contrast from a game at MSG. Pumped up get it going tonight!

I know we’ve all been cordial with your presence, but I hope you choke on a hotdog during tailgating and leave the hand-egg rituals to the mouthbreathers. 

• LMFAO 2
  • JIMMY! 1

45 minutes ago, CanesFanRandy said:

I won't be rooting for your team, Randy...but have a great time dude! 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's such a boon. Original injury time frame was 6–8 months, right? That'd put him at the early point of it, but damn, getting Blais back would be awesome.

He'd be awesome in a series like this. Hopefully they can extend the season long enough to get him back.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:12 AM, Flynn said:

Hurricanes blocking sales of tickets to anyone outside of NC.. Pillow fucking soft.

soft tfd101 GIF by Tacoma FD

On 5/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, Blue Heaven said:

but fans can still get tixs through the secondary market which won't burn a hole in the wallet and bypass the Canes ticket blocking scheme.  

They do this to stop brokers from pricing out locals, not to stop Rangers fans from going. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

You know he can't help himself. 

Sure I can, but a fan of the Canes came here so I figured it’s a good opportunity to ask his or her thoughts. I’m not about to join or browse their boards for that. 

18 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Good time to make the first mention that Strome is useless….

He was quite useful in negating our only PP with: (a) a thundering check that was called a charge; (b) a necessary hold to prevent a scoring chance; or (c) aimlessly waiving his stick around in the offensive zone with no particular impact on the opposition.

You guessed "c"?  Wow, how intuitive!