• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I mean, they're bad and kind of annoying, but I'll still with a senile Sam Rosen over any of these other clowns.

Sam Rosen sounds like Led Zeppelin IV compared to the other network anoouncers!

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

But I thought everyone hates Sam Rosen for his mistakes?

Nah, not nearly as much as the ESPN and the like….😉

Sam will be broadcasting the game on the radio. I got to find the radio station and shutoff the sound for the TV…

1 minute ago, Phil said:

TNT crew is elite. Kenny the Goat for life.

this.

I really dont know how ESPN bumble fucked this so bad. Mess and chelios combined have half of a personality (at least on tv) and I cant stand the guy that hosts the intermissions.

also im all for getting women on the broadcasts but can we not try quite so hard?

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Kenny, Eddie O., and Keith are a good booth.  The intermission crew is good too, where was Gretz last night?

They are good in that they aren’t boring and they sound like pros, but I find Eddie O and Keith to have a really hard time remaining neutral. Heavily anti-Ranger.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Any update on Goodrow and his status?

Is he potentially returning this coming series at some point?

Was week-to-week with a suspected broken left ankle. I wouldn't expect him for probably six to eight weeks from early May. In other words, Cup Final, at best.

6 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Eddie O is such a fucking homer. TNT broadcasts have been terrible for first round. Second round will be better since no Shittsburgh. 

...for his Blackhawks, who aren't in the playoffs?

I think a lot of you guys conflate a lack of team enthusiasm for bias. I find the TNT national broadcast to be right down the middle. Solid analysis, and a ton of humor.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Well, he was also a Penguins player (very briefly) and coach, so he has some ties with that organization. But, he still gave credit to the Rangers where they were due. I thought the criticisms of them weren't unfounded since they really didn't play their best hockey in this series.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well, he was also a Penguins player (very briefly) and coach, so he has some ties with that organization. But, he still gave credit to the Rangers where they were due. I thought the criticisms of them weren't unfounded since they really didn't play their best hockey in this series.

I mean, I guess. I just don't see this bias you guys do. I see impartial analysis that expressly doesn't take sides.

I agree with the house money POV and also agree that Carolina have played us really well.

With all those comeback wins against the Pens maybe this team feels it can continue to do that.  It can't.  Carolina score goals in bunches as well as any team in the league not named Colorado, Florida or Calgary (against us anyway).  We need to get a lead and lock it down and I fear we are really bad at the latter,

Igor needs to be better.  The Defense needs to be MUCH better and breadman needs to find his authentic game or we may be in for an early bath.

• Like 1

I'm not even worried about the announcing team....If Eddie Olzyck was on the 'Canes, then I'd worry.  But one thing's for fuckin' A certain:  We have to find a way to slow their fore-check down!  That team gives you no time or space to get out of your own end of the ice.

Their Defense pinches constantly and it's like they have 7 guys on the ice at times.

If we can break through that, or slow up their defenseman from getting to the top of the circles when they pinch, we stand as good a chance as any in beating these fuckers!!

• Bullseye 1
  • Believe 2

I think now we can get away from the conspiracy against the Rangers for this round.  There is no way in hell that the NHL would want the Canes to advance over the Rangers.  Which I would assume that we wouldnt hear more hate against the Rangers from the ESPN/TNT announcers in this round.  

7 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I think now we can get away from the conspiracy against the Rangers for this round.  There is no way in hell that the NHL would want the Canes to advance over the Rangers.  Which I would assume that we wouldnt hear more hate against the Rangers from the ESPN/TNT announcers in this round.  

This. There's no way they don't want the Rangers and the Leafs advancing. They lost millions with the Leafs losing alone. If anything, they'd be in the tank for the Rangers to advance as far as possible.