• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

6 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I'm tempted... Raleigh is about 2.5 hours from Charlotte.. Just not sure I want to deal with their fans.. My hatred of this fanbase is on par with NYI/NJD/PHI/PITT.. 

Wow, are you being fair drumming up hatred for three people?😀

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

But I thought everyone hates Sam Rosen for his mistakes?

Fair point.  If you want  straight up homers then of course Sam and Joe are the obvious choice.  I don't buy that there's this huge anti-Rangers bias out there across all of the ESPN/TNT in game broadcasters.  I do think the studio teams on the espn contract are all dreadful most of all boring as hell . As the number of teams got cut in half I hope the likes of Leah Hextall and others are done with their opportunities. I find them overall more down the middle in the booth than anything else and Kenny as Phil pointed out earlier one of if not the best. I'm looking forward to losing the senility.

Edited by jsrangers

Sam fucks names up, sure.

Sam wears a plus sized woman’s merkin on his head, no argument.

John has to tell Sam that noise wasn’t a puck ringing off the post, but the alarm reminder to take his liver pills, it’s unfortunate.

But he’s our guy- and I’ll ride with him till he wants to be done, even with there being a 40% chance he will give Jeff Beukeboom credit for a blocked shot on Wednesday. 

• LMFAO 9
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Sam fucks names up, sure.

Sam wears a plus sized woman’s merkin on his head, no argument.

John has to tell Sam that noise wasn’t a puck ringing off the post, but the alarm reminder to take his liver pills, it’s unfortunate.

But he’s our guy- and I’ll ride with him till he wants to be done, even with there being a 40% chance he will give Jeff Beukeboom credit for a blocked shot on Wednesday

Priceless!!!  LOL

7 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

The Rangers career of Brendan Smith was up and down through an over-generous contract that began with him showing up to training camp in yesterday's tux with a face full of wedding cake and a bottle of champagne in his hand. Despite all that, I generally liked him as a player and thought he was a stand-up teammate, y'know fighting Wilson and all. Got a feeling that my overall impression is headed downhill fast. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/brendan-smith-leaves-feet-delivering-elbow-first-hit-pastrnak/

Meh. It looks like hes trying to avoid destroying his knee. Smith is a gamer. Definitely need to watch out for him. 

On radio his not quite right calls will be even more confusing. Last night I was stuck on the number of times he called guys as being taken down when they were on their skates the whole time.  Joe doesn't even bother or acknowledge 90% of the gaffes. 

I'll holding out for the Nilson with the GWG in the series clincher. 

Same has reached John Sterling bad which is quite an achievement. 

The frisbee on the head was looking extra orange this past series. I wonder who the person is that tells him he looks good and ready to go on the air with it.  Although it does look like the frisbee is smaller these days that when it was in its prime.

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Vatrano looks like a guy dumped for a sack of pucks, like he was. Very Pirri like, not much else in his game beyond volume shooting.

Motte isn't a great long tern answer there, either, but I dunno what you do. Goodrow would sure help, somewhere.

He had moments early in every game but faded later in games.  He was constantly on the Pens doorstep and a bit of a menace.

I'd like to know what the conversation was between he and a ref,  that lasted from the Pens goal crease, all the way to the Rangers bench, in game 1 or 2. Looked strange.  

I keep everything as is, except I  add Jones to the 3rd D pairing to play with Schneider. Since the team  D has been brutal,  they may as well play a guy that can contribute some offense from the blue line. Braun has been serviceable,  but if they are going to bleed chances, you may as well do it with players that can do something besides being traffic cones. 

17 hours ago, Keirik said:

No. You have to get that mentality out of your head. Why not us? We have a Norris winner on our team. Canes don’t. We have the guy about to win a Vezina on our team. Canes don’t. We have a 50 goal scorer. Canes don’t. We have a guy with 70 assists on our team. Canes don’t. We have a coach that’s been to the finals at his position. Canes don’t. Zibanejad was second in our team in points. He would have been tied with Aho.

We aren’t playing the 84/85 Oilers out there.  We are playing a beatable team. We just learned a hell of a lot about ourselves tonight and all series. Believe in this team. 

I am oddly turned on by this post.  And I like it.

• LMFAO 2

3 hours ago, Flynn said:

I'm tempted... Raleigh is about 2.5 hours from Charlotte.. Just not sure I want to deal with their fans.. My hatred of this fanbase is on par with NYI/NJD/PHI/PITT.. 

In my experience the fans aren't so bad. They're well-meaning folks who are just happy to have a team. There are a lot of folks who are new to the sport so they cheer and boo anything without thinking, but that's not the worst thing.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I like Kenny.  I can dig listening to him

Listened to Kenny for years, back when he was doing the games on Radio together with Dave Malloney.

NHL.com used to carry those.

Nothing like coming home totally drunk from an away soccer match and then listening to Kenny till 4am in the morning. 😁

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

The bad news in that is no more MSG broadcast. We'll just need to put up with ESPN and the like, argh!

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I don't know which is worse, ESPN or TBS. I almost miss games on NBC. Almost.

Works best for me as MSG is atrocious with streaming.

10 hours ago, rmc51 said:

They are good in that they aren’t boring and they sound like pros, but I find Eddie O and Keith to have a really hard time remaining neutral. Heavily anti-Ranger.

Yea wtf is up with that?  I know he was a Blackhawks tv guy forever but that shouldn't really get in the way.  Its not like NYR and CHI are a huge rivalry.  He won a cup here, if I remember correctly he was a bit of a glue guy in that 94 room.  WTF happen?  Did we not "heave ho" enough?  Is he overcompensating being anti-Ranger so people won't think he is a homer since he won here?  Is there something I am not remembering?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torontonyr said:

In my experience the fans aren't so bad. They're well-meaning folks who are just happy to have a team. There are a lot of folks who are new to the sport so they cheer and boo anything without thinking, but that's not the worst thing.

I was there a few years ago when they eliminated the Islanders, one of the most fun games I went to, crowd was bonkers. 

25 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I was there a few years ago when they eliminated the Islanders, one of the most fun games I went to, crowd was bonkers. 

My main issue is it’s the most fair-weather fan base going. that place was a ghost town for many years. The also stole the Whalers.

Go read a canes board. It’s like Penguin fans, with 10% of the hockey IQ. 

6 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I’m looking at possibly going to Game 2. Cheapest tix, basically top of upper deck behind nets, are $142 after fees. Anything good is still $300+.

Honestly it’s just so comfy in my recliner with a big screen…and no worries about drunk asshole opposing fans being rowdy in the nosebleeds lol

I'm seriously considering a pre-emptive buy for round 3 seeing as both outcomes would be reasonable drives (though Sunrise would be more of an overnight thing for sure), but I'm being told that it might be a mush to do so.