• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

...for his Blackhawks, who aren't in the playoffs?

I think a lot of you guys conflate a lack of team enthusiasm for bias. I find the TNT national broadcast to be right down the middle. Solid analysis, and a ton of humor.

Nah, the Carter/Shesterkin collision was ridiculous. I think it was Eddie O who was on about Igor throwing his leg out initiating contact - twas ridiculous. Maybe minutiae in the grand scheme of things, I never really noticed him one way or another in the past. 

19 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Nah, the Carter/Shesterkin collision was ridiculous. I think it was Eddie O who was on about Igor throwing his leg out initiating contact - twas ridiculous. Maybe minutiae in the grand scheme of things, I never really noticed him one way or another in the past. 

I mean, that was one comment that you disagreed with. I did, too, but I wouldn't liken that to inherent bias.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Well, he was also a Penguins player (very briefly) and coach, so he has some ties with that organization. But, he still gave credit to the Rangers where they were due. I thought the criticisms of them weren't unfounded since they really didn't play their best hockey in this series.

True but every time he looks down on hisfinger he sees a Rangers cup ring too 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Hope we take advantage of the fact that hes a horrible defender and make him look like a jack ass.

He’s really taken the opportunity to play the villain role and ran with it. Bruins fans I know wanted to rip his eyeballs out and throw them off the Tobin Bridge.

39 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

If Nemeth gets on the ice, we riot. We were 3-0 without him playing a minute. 1-3 with him on the ice. He's really a black hole. Might even be a buyout/trade candidate for how bad he is.

It’s a shame. I know we didn’t have a whipping boy all year, but most of the year he was the one guy a lot of the fanbase seemed to not be enamored with. I felt most of the year, he was decent. Not that good, not that bad. Very middling, but he’s on the 3rd pair and was a veteran so whatever.

But once the playoffs began? Oooof. Just brutal.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s a shame. I know we didn’t have a whipping boy all year, but most of the year he was the one guy a lot of the fanbase seemed to not be enamored with. I felt most of the year, he was decent. Not that good, not that bad. Very middling, but he’s on the 3rd pair and was a veteran so whatever.

But once the playoffs began? Oooof. Just brutal.

We're also 3-0 since the Nemeth Clown profile pic. Thanks @Phil!

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

This

gallant is also very much a ‘go with the guys that got you here’ type. Partly why players like playing for him. 

Also why he hasn’t won anything 

2 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

I agree with the house money POV and also agree that Carolina have played us really well.

With all those comeback wins against the Pens maybe this team feels it can continue to do that.  It can't.  Carolina score goals in bunches as well as any team in the league not named Colorado, Florida or Calgary (against us anyway).  We need to get a lead and lock it down and I fear we are really bad at the latter,

Igor needs to be better.  The Defense needs to be MUCH better and breadman needs to find his authentic game or we may be in for an early bath.

You could’ve and might have said the same thing about the Rangers against the Pitts. Yet, without changing much in that series, except when it mattered the most, they did win the series against all odds last night. If there’s one day to believe, that they can do that against the ‘canes, it’s today.

Until further notice, I believe that they can win in the second round too. There’s no quit in New York. Let’s go, get them boys!!!

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Im going to assume its cheaper to fly, get hotel, and a ticket to the game @Carolina than going to MSG for a game.  

Not only untrue (a friend checked), I believe that user lives in the region.

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not only untrue (a friend checked), I believe that user lives in the region.

Get in for Game 1 is $100+ fees on ticketmaster.  I sold my seats on the cheap for Game 3/4/6 for $300 each.  I think cheapest now on ticketmaster for MSG is in the vicinity of $400

6 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Get in for Game 1 is $100+ fees on ticketmaster.  I sold my seats on the cheap for Game 3/4/6 for $300 each.  I think cheapest now on ticketmaster for MSG is in the vicinity of $400

Thievery. I love this franchise but the prices are out of hand. I give you credit for continuing to stay a season ticket holder.

I’m looking at possibly going to Game 2. Cheapest tix, basically top of upper deck behind nets, are $142 after fees. Anything good is still $300+.

Honestly it’s just so comfy in my recliner with a big screen…and no worries about drunk asshole opposing fans being rowdy in the nosebleeds lol

Edited by rmc51