• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Jesper Fast with 2 GWG, Skjei with at least 7 assists. Smith with a fight and an assist in game 2.

Raanta with a shutout and 2 assists, TonyD with 10 points, Stepan 98% on faceoffs and 2 ENG. 

Edited by phillyb
  • LMFAO 1

This team refuses to quit. Shesterkin is back on his game. We only miss Goodrow atm and he might be back for some games this series. We’re obviously clear underdogs and need to play a lot better this series, BUT everything is possible.

That said, we’re playing with house money here. As long as they don’t get swept I’ll be happy.

17 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Pressure is off for sure. Win one of the first 2 in Carolina and ya never know!

Yup...all gravy for me from this one forward.  Fuck it!!  Why not give 'em a battle!!  Who knows...we may just take this one in 6!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, New Hampshire Ranger said:

Playing with house money…just go out and let it all loose. 

No. You have to get that mentality out of your head. Why not us? We have a Norris winner on our team. Canes don’t. We have the guy about to win a Vezina on our team. Canes don’t. We have a 50 goal scorer. Canes don’t. We have a guy with 70 assists on our team. Canes don’t. We have a coach that’s been to the finals at his position. Canes don’t. Zibanejad was second in our team in points. He would have been tied with Aho.

We aren’t playing the 84/85 Oilers out there.  We are playing a beatable team. We just learned a hell of a lot about ourselves tonight and all series. Believe in this team. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • JIMMY! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Stepan will be completely bald by the time this series is over.

I thought he was already completely bald when he scored the 7th Game OT winner in 2015.

Now, if the Bruins can take the Canes to 7 and lose by one goal, why can't we beat them?

Game 1: Wednesday (5/18) at 7pm @ Carolina

Game 2: Friday (5/20) at 8pm @ Carolina

Game 3: Sunday (5/22) at 3:30pm @ MSG 

Game 4: Tuesday (5/24) at 7pm @ MSG 

Game 5: Thursday (5/26) Time TBD @ Carolina

Game 6: Saturday (5/28) Time TBD @ MSG

Game 7: Monday (5/30) Time TBD @ Carolina

Edited by RichieNextel305

I hope the Rangers watch a lot of tape from the CAR-BOS series as the Bruins showed that the Canes are very much beatable. I mean hell of the Bruins can rally back to a winner take all Game 7 after being 0-2 down, shows the Rangers can most definitely take this series to the distance. 

7 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

2nd found is just icing as far as I’m concerned. Carolina is really fucking good. 

this team though just finds ways to win even when they don’t deserve it. They defy the metrics. They take your analytics and shove em up your pooper 

And yet, betting against the Rangers is a risky proposition; there's no quit in New York.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I got a notification on my phone with the start dates for the second round. Game one for us is on Wednesday night at 7:00 on ESPN.

The bad news in that is no more MSG broadcast. We'll just need to put up with ESPN and the like, argh!

• Like 1