• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Moving Goodrow up to the Top-6 really weakens the bottom portion of the forward group. 

That third line is very proven to be very inert.  Prefer moving Chytil up and putting Goodrow as 3rd line C.

Edited by Sod16
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Freaking VK.....Messed up our depth.....obviously......

That could've made a helluva difference with one opening to fill at 3C with the deadline coming up.

It has been overstated over the months but it is so frustrating to see it on paper. Wins are wins but to know the strength we could have had....damn.

19 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Hunt on the second line.....im at a loss.....

Yeah enough already. Try Chytil or Gauthier or call up Ronning. Something different. 

Then again maybe he's there for protection against Wilson? They sure could use a Wilson type to play in that spot.  Maybe shift around the team needs and find a guy that can be a similar player, that wouldn't be out of place in a top 6 role. 

Glad Goodrow is back on the 4th line. He's most effective there and for some reason he gets Rooney and Reaves going. Making them a useful 4th line. 

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Seeing Goodrow on the 4th pisses me off too. Not a fourth line player this year. Dude should be on the 3rd. We have 4th liners on the second line etc. Woof.

I haven't checked the numbers but it feels like he actually uses the 4th line more than the 3rd line.  Calling them a particular line at this point just seems like semantics.  

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Seeing Goodrow on the 4th pisses me off too. Not a fourth line player this year. Dude should be on the 3rd. We have 4th liners on the second line etc. Woof.

I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a shit show on that 3rd line until we make a move.  I have to shade my eyes when I look at that 3rd line!  LOL

12 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Should probably be 3rd line center.  But I understand why he's not. They need production from that line. They're trying guys that should be producing but aren't.  

But like I said he's been at his best on the 4th line and his linemates up their game when he's with them. 

25 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He elevates that line to relevancy.

While he's been pretty irrelevant on other lines. 

That should be Gauthier's spot....Hunt is up there for some unknown reason. Gauthier has wheels and some hands. Let him grow; just as capable as Kakko. 

Hunt is fine on the 4th line. Him on the second line is a joke.

Edited by jsm7302