• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

3 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i dont want him to be out of his comfort zone and i dont think someone who's played LW all his life is going to be seemlessly comfortable switching to RW permanently.  Not Kreider.  

I mean, I get it. But someone is going to have to change position. They have Panarin, Kreider, and Lafreniere on the left, and Kakko on the right with nothing else. Even if they acquire a top-six RW, someone — Lafreniere — is frozen out of a meaningful top-six role.

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

I don’t get this at all. Positioning is the same at either wing you just have to be on the other side. Is that really so complicated? What am I missing? 

Small things. Angles to find passing lanes are "reversed." Small thing. Boards are on your opposite side, too. Making board passes on your forehand, for example, versus backhand. Small thing. Players you are used to playing against are now on the other side of the ice. "New" opponents. Also small.

Individually, they're all insignificant, but together, they add up.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Small things. Angles to find passing lanes are "reversed." Small thing. Boards are on your opposite side, too. Making board passes on your forehand, for example, versus backhand. Small thing. Players you are used to playing against are now on the other side of the ice. "New" opponents. Also small.

Individually, they're all insignificant, but together, they add up.

Forehand vs backhand I’ll give you as this can be an adjustment but the rest I’m not buying.

get it together you’re in the NHL. 

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

Forehand vs backhand I’ll give you as this can be an adjustment but the rest I’m not buying.

get it together you’re in the NHL. 

Read the quote again. He said it's not a big deal. It just takes a little time getting used to. But it's pretty clear they are going to be transitioning he or Kreider to the right.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Read the quote again. He said it's not a big deal. It just takes a little time getting used to. But it's pretty clear they are going to be transitioning he or Kreider to the right.

Fair enough. I don’t know if it’s him or reporters but someone’s making too big a deal about it. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I don’t get this at all. Positioning is the same at either wing you just have to be on the other side. Is that really so complicated? What am I missing? 

ever play tennis or box against a lefty?

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Ah shit, Chytil’s back...

Maybe he's that bad, but...

During the last three-four games both Chytil and Kakko had been on IR, day-to-day, or whatever. During these games, the Rangers arguably looked worse than any other time during the season. Maybe, just maybe the team has missed them and the replacements were even worse.

We will see, if the team changes tomorrow and play better. Albeit GG may have something to do with it, if they change, he wasn't a happy camper after the Sunday's game...

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

No but I have played enough hockey in my life to know its not that big of a deal. 

I think a big part of it is he doesn't come across as even one of the sharpest knives in the drawer. So it maybe a much bigger challenge for him on top of him already struggling.  Overthinking the game maybe tilting the scales even moreso in his case.