• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

19 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I didn't say I was ok with his cap figure.  In fact I've said several times I am not ok with his cap figure.

I was just pointing out that Trouba had a major impact on the Rangers success in the playoffs last year.

If Panarin had also we probably are in the final round and not arguing so much about his cap number.

As the team's leading scorer, Panarin had a pretty major impact on the Rangers making it to the playoffs.

No, we are not comparing Trouba to Skjei. Miller made more progress in a few months than Skjei did in years because he’s got a Del Zotto brain. 

if the rangers didn’t have 12 RH shots on PP1, it’d be a Trouba out there bombing the puck, and he’d be in the 50 point range every season. 

i still think Trouba would get 7+ mil if a free agent this summer. Sergachev just got 8.5, and they put up similar offensive numbers - and that’s not Troubas game. 

12 minutes ago, josh said:

No, we are not comparing Trouba to Skjei. Miller made more progress in a few months than Skjei did in years because he’s got a Del Zotto brain. 

if the rangers didn’t have 12 RH shots on PP1, it’d be a Trouba out there bombing the puck, and he’d be in the 50 point range every season. 

And the PP overall would likely be much worse.

i still think Trouba would get 7+ mil if a free agent this summer. Sergachev just got 8.5, and they put up similar offensive numbers - and that’s not Troubas game. 

Yes, Sergachev got that because he had Trouba as a comparable.

Edited by Pete

On 7/21/2022 at 3:45 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

We have a similar summer league at Superior Ice Rink where I play beer league.  Names aren't as big as those though.  There's a few NHL guys.  Mostly minor leaguers and college kids.

That's where I played high school hockey. 😃

4 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

That's where I played high school hockey. 😃

I played some HS hockey there as well, but mostly Twin Rinks in Port Washington, some at the vile Raquet & Rink on 110, and some at a private club.

• Phil unpinned this topic