• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Whilst several aspects of what the Rangers have been able to do in these playoffs has been a bit surprising, nothing comes close to the transformation of Chytil. I mean who the hell is this big, fast, purposeful driver of play who plays in straight lines, uses his speed and size effectively and drives the net? 

In his short cameo on the top line he made it better.

Kakko looks pathetic and lost without him. 

Even the impressive Laffy looks slightly less impressive without him. 

Considering his previous manifestation as a wet blanket I'm having trouble believing what I'm seeing. Maybe I'm over cooking it, but it's been a truly astonishing transformation. 

• Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

14 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I don’t know much about him. What did he do?

He used to be a member here. Was a massive asshole who was dismissive of any opinion that wasn't his own. He doesn't have the inside scoop. He doesn't have sources. He is just an obnoxious douche canoe of a Rangers fan who has a bigger platform than he should. 

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

He used to be a member here. Was a massive asshole who was dismissive of any opinion that wasn't his own. He doesn't have the inside scoop. He doesn't have sources. He is just an obnoxious douche canoe of a Rangers fan who has a bigger platform than he should. 

He also literally started the "ADA stole Key's puck" rumour, disappeared for months because he lost all his cred, groomed his twitter account to block anyone who went after him for his lying, and popped back on the scene as if nothing happened. 

He also has more hot takes than @Dunny

• Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, Gravesy said:

Whilst several aspects of what the Rangers have been able to do in these playoffs has been a bit surprising, nothing comes close to the transformation of Chytil. I mean who the hell is this big, fast, purposeful driver of play who plays in straight lines, uses his speed and size effectively and drives the net? 

Considering his previous manifestation as a wet blanket I'm having trouble believing what I'm seeing. Maybe I'm over cooking it, but it's been a truly astonishing transformation. 

It has been hard to believe. I mean that backhander last game is the epitome. He takes it off the wall, drives the middle of the ice, and roofs a backhander that, while you would probably expect a goalie to come up with most of the time, is still a top corner backhanded rip from distance. Chytil was the same guy who couldn’t do anything in the regular season. Very hard to believe.

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

He also literally started the "ADA stole Key's puck" rumour, disappeared for months because he lost all his cred, groomed his twitter account to block anyone who went after him for his lying, and popped back on the scene as if nothing happened. 

He also has more hot takes than @Dunny

Yeah, but I can skate, and I'm gonna assume he can't, not has he ever been in a physical confrontation his entire existence, so I guess Ville Leino picked the wrong guy.

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Gravesy said:

This.

These playoffs have made Chytil more valuable than Kakko. Would never have believed that before the playoffs.

Edited by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This.

These playoffs have made Chytil more valuable than Kakko. Would never have believed that before the playoffs.

They both look like faeries in the regular season but in the playoffs only Kakko continues to do that. Some sort of strange magic going on there 

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I know we're all waiting on news here, but if Strome and Goodrow really can't go, we likely end up in a space where we're sheltering the Panarin line.

That'll be interesting.

Like I said in the series thread, if neither can go you might have to consider a reshuffle and play Panarin with Mika and CK. Kids as the 2nd, Motte/Copp/Vatrano 3rd. 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I know we're all waiting on news here, but if Strome and Goodrow really can't go, we likely end up in a space where we're sheltering the Panarin line.

That'll be interesting.

7 minutes ago, Gravesy said:

Like I said in the series thread, if neither can go you might have to consider a reshuffle and play Panarin with Mika and CK. Kids as the 2nd, Motte/Copp/Vatrano 3rd. 

I'd rather just treat Panarin-Copp-Hunt as the third line since Panarin-Strome-Copp has been the actual third line for the last two series. Panarin is still going to get good minutes on the PP. 

10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I'd rather just treat Panarin-Copp-Hunt as the third line since Panarin-Strome-Copp has been the actual third line for the last two series. Panarin is still going to get good minutes on the PP. 

I would rather play Motte on the second line than Hunt. The. Kid. Can't. Score.

Hot Take in Rangersland: Strome playing is more important than Goodrow. Keeps top 9 intact. Rangers looked like absolute shit at 5v5 after he left, and if you didn’t think the 2nd line could look a lot worse - it did. And that was with Goodrow slotted up.

Listen, I love Goodrow. He’s a massive big balls gamer, but he’s not a perfect player. He makes plenty of mistakes that don’t get talked about. He generally provides next to zero offense. They can and have won plenty of playoff games without him if he can’t go.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

Hot Take in Rangersland: Strome playing is more important than Goodrow. Keeps top 9 intact. Rangers looked like absolute shit at 5v5 after he left, and if you didn’t think the 2nd line could look a lot worse - it did. And that was with Goodrow slotted up.

Listen, I love Goodrow. He’s a massive big balls gamer, but he’s not a perfect player. He makes plenty of mistakes that don’t get talked about. He generally provides next to zero offense. They can and have won plenty of playoff games without him if he can’t go.

Awesome So Good GIF by Njorg

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

this you?

11. Jacob Trouba -2

12. Barclay Goodrow

13. Frank Vatrano

14. Kaapo Kakko 

15. Tyler Motte 

16. Ryan Strome