• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That's also waaaay too long 😩

What's the reason for that? I see teams are back playing today.

I think a lot of these games are make-up games, Zuuuc man.  We didn't have too many, if I remember correctly...The Make up game with the Isles is March 17th....that should be a doozy in the crowd.  LOL

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That's also waaaay too long 😩

What's the reason for that? I see teams are back playing today.

NHL were supposed to be on the Olympic break for 3 weeks.  

These are all the make up games, I think the Rangers had 2-3 games postponed due to covid.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

What's the likelihood that K and Giroux talked about him coming to NYR? Perfect opportunity for that at All-Star weekend, no?

If I were Chris Drury, that's the conversation I had with Kreider on Thursday before he left for Vegas.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I think a lot of these games are make-up games, Zuuuc man.  We didn't have too many, if I remember correctly...The Make up game with the Isles is March 17th....that should be a doozy in the crowd.  LOL

The Rangers had three games postponed, one @Ottawa and two @home with Detroit and Montreal. These games are rescheduled outsides of the two weeks vacation for the Rangers.

The rest of the MET division teams are playing starting today with Carolina @Toronto streamed on ESPN+. Carolina will make up four of their postponed games before the Rangers hit the ice on next Tuesday. Out of the four games, one looks like a "gimme (@Ottawa)", but the other three could be a good game...

• VINNY! 1

Last night's game of with Carolina @Toronto, home team won in OT, had been awesome. Very intensive, fast, back and forth 60+ minutes game, very much like a playoff game. I have hard time seeing the Rangers play with this intensity for 60 minutes in a regular season game, much less in the playoff. There's still time and hope, that they will get to this point and we will see...

Up next tonight, Pittsburgh @Boston should also be a good game. I started to like having ESPN+...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Last night's game of with Carolina @Toronto, home team won in OT, had been awesome. Very intensive, fast, back and forth 60+ minutes game, very much like a playoff game. I have hard time seeing the Rangers play with this intensity for 60 minutes in a regular season game, much less in the playoff. There's still time and hope, that they will get to this point and we will see...

Up next tonight, Pittsburgh @Boston should also be a good game. I started to like having ESPN+...

I was thinking the same thing, Crooz!  That game was so fast, back and forth!  The one thing I realized though is that there was very little hitting.  There were "hits", but very few real "playoff grinding" hits.

Tony D got King Midas @Keirik a goal and an apple though!!  Way to go dude!!   Would please pick up Kakko already!!!  Geeeeeeeez!!!

Those 2 teams pretty much went toe to toe for 3 periods and it was a super game....maybe one the best I've seen this season!  Both goalies were pulling out some pretty big stops all night too.

We have a whole 1/2 season to get our shit together to match up with these 2 teams, but the thing is, I think a team like Florida will take both of these 2 teams apart in a 7 game series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

And the Rangers pretty much picked apart Florida in two games.

What are you suggesting?🤔

They certainly did not take Florida apart, especially last game. They did what they do...3/5 on the powerplay, gave up 35 shots and relied on Igor. 

Florida was playing their backup on 2nd night of back to back.

Credit to the Rangers for handling their business but wouldn't expect a 7 game playoff series to go that way every night. 

4 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

And the Rangers pretty much picked apart Florida in two games.

What are you suggesting?🤔

I'm thinking after we stock the shelves with maybe a couple of players at the deadline, we're going to be a tough out for those guys.  Right now, you're right; I don't see how we could keep up with those types of teams...but a few well-placed body checks and some continuous pounding in to those back boards on dump-ins just might take some of the zip out of a fast team.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

They certainly did not take Florida apart, especially last game. They did what they do...3/5 on the powerplay, gave up 35 shots and relied on Igor. 

Credit to the Rangers for handling their business but wouldn't expect a 7 game playoff series to go that way every night. 

I actually think they did take Florida apart. That third period was a clinic in protective/shutdown hockey. That said, it was arguably the only example of them doing that all season long, so it didn't do nearly enough to dismantle the broader criticism that they're too heavily reliant on a power play and goal tending.

57 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was thinking the same thing, Crooz!  That game was so fast, back and forth!  The one thing I realized though is that there was very little hitting.  There were "hits", but very few real "playoff grinding" hits.

Tony D got King Midas @Keirik a goal and an apple though!!  Way to go dude!!   Would please pick up Kakko already!!!  Geeeeeeeez!!!

Those 2 teams pretty much went toe to toe for 3 periods and it was a super game....maybe one the best I've seen this season!  Both goalies were pulling out some pretty big stops all night too.

We have a whole 1/2 season to get our shit together to match up with these 2 teams, but the thing is, I think a team like Florida will take both of these 2 teams apart in a 7 game series.

Some really good teams are going to be eliminated in the first round.  its like pick your poison where you want to end the season.  

If the season ended today it would be

Boston vs. Florida

Washington vs. Carolina

Pittsburgh vs. Rangers

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay

7 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Some really good teams are going to be eliminated in the first round.  its like pick your poison where you want to end the season.  

Boston vs. Florida

Washington vs. Carolina

Pittsburgh vs. Rangers

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay

I'm gonna be happy getting in this year, Blue.  I would love to see them win a round, or maybe 2,  but that may be asking a lot.  Let's see what we do at the deadline, but yeah...any of the matchups that we face are going to be tough!

17 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Boston vs. Florida

Washington vs. Carolina

Pittsburgh vs. Rangers

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay

There are no easy playoff matchups anymore.

It's not like in 94 when we got the Islanders in the first round.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It’s a bit unfair to take a notch away from the Rangers victory with Knight in goal and not bring up us winning without our Norris winner in the lineup. 

• Keeps it 100 1

42 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It is mind blowing that it is this late in the season and we still haven’t played Pittsburgh yet this season.

Rangers have 17 games out of the remaining 35 games against the Metro.  

Washington 2X

Pittsburgh 4X

Jersey 3X

Islanders 3X

Carolina 3X

Philly 2X

• Like 1