• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Shesterkin doesn’t play in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Realistically? He should play 3 out of 4. He’s gotten a sufficient amount of rest this year, not to mention we have been off since Sunday. Between breaks, a few injuries, plus games that call for your backup, he’s gotten his fair share of rest and all of that rest was to ensure he’s fresh and ready to roll come this time of year. There will be games for Georgiev (or whoever winds up being the backup) to play. But right now? With the layoffs we’ve had? I don’t care that it’s 3 in 4; before this stretch, we’ve played 3 games since February 1st. Let Shesterkin roll a little here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We have 3 in 4 nights now....and I'm very happy about that.  I've been scouting other teams since there isn't a blessed thing on to watch.  ....and I still suck at scouting!!  LOL

I did like watching Ryan McLeod on Edmonton though. 

Been watching a lot Colorado and Detroit and man I like those two teams (albeit Detroit has a long way to go)

19 minutes ago, siddious said:

Been watching a lot Colorado and Detroit and man I like those two teams (albeit Detroit has a long way to go)

Dylan Larkin is the real deal., Pete.  That kid is going to be a good piece for them to build around out there.

You know who else strikes me as a soon-to-be-star?  Matt Boldy of the Wild.  I watched a few games over the last 3 weeks with the Wild, and between him, Zuc and Karil the thrill, those guys are pretty tough!  They're so fucking fast!!  holy crap!

Edited by Ozzy

On 2/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, RichieNextel305 said:

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Shesterkin doesn’t play in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Realistically? He should play 3 out of 4. He’s gotten a sufficient amount of rest this year, not to mention we have been off since Sunday. Between breaks, a few injuries, plus games that call for your backup, he’s gotten his fair share of rest and all of that rest was to ensure he’s fresh and ready to roll come this time of year. There will be games for Georgiev (or whoever winds up being the backup) to play. But right now? With the layoffs we’ve had? I don’t care that it’s 3 in 4; before this stretch, we’ve played 3 games since February 1st. Let Shesterkin roll a little here.

Emotionally yes. I agree. But there's no need to push him. We know he's delicate. Not risking injury now. He goes down, we are stuck with Georgiev. No thanks. 

Not being political here. Honest question.  Does the current Ukraine/Russia situation have any effect on our Russian players? Would any of that weigh on there minds?

Obviously Panarin isn't a Putin fan, but where do Shestyorkin, Georgiev or even Kravtsov lay on such issues. How about Czech players? 

Just now, The Dude said:

Not being political here. Honest question.  Does the current Ukraine/Russia situation have any effect on our Russian players? Would any of that weigh on there minds?

Obviously Panarin isn't a Putin fan, but where do Shestyorkin, Georgiev or even Kravtsov lay on such issues. How about Czech players? 

Great question. We don't really know the answer, as none have been asked, or spoken out on the matter of their own volition yet.

Given the threat to those still in Russia, my guess is you won't get much of anything out of any of them. Much like the Ovechkin statement. At best, they'll say they don't want war, and hope for peace.

Geo isn't Russian, for the record. He's Bulgarian, raised in Finland.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great question. We don't really know the answer, as none have been asked, or spoken out on the matter of their own volition yet.

Given the threat to those still in Russia, my guess is you won't get much of anything out of any of them. Much like the Ovechkin statement. At best, they'll say they don't want war, and hope for peace.

Geo isn't Russian, for the record. He's Bulgarian, raised in Finland.

Oooph. My bad. Honestly thought he was. Didnt he grow up in Russia? Didn't he play on Russian teams? Maybe that's why I thought he was Russian.  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Oooph. My bad. Honestly thought he was. Didnt he grow up in Russia? Didn't he play on Russian teams? Maybe that's why I thought he was Russian.  

He's a fun one. Russian last name, born in Bulgaria, moved to Russia, played on the Russian national team internationally, but played professionally in Finland before coming stateside. 

So, yes, Bulgarian born, Russian citizen, heavy Finnish influence.

I think it's far too early to tell what the impact is on our team, but I do think the one player to keep eyes on is Vitali Kravtsov. 

• VINNY! 1

8 minutes ago, G1000 said:

He's a fun one. Russian last name, born in Bulgaria, moved to Russia, played on the Russian national team internationally, but played professionally in Finland before coming stateside. 

I think it's far too early to tell what the impact is on our team, but I do think the one player to keep eyes on is Vitali Kravtsov. 

Excellent point on Kravtsov.  He seems to always want to be there. Wonder if that's an issue going forward at this time. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Excellent point on Kravtsov.  He seems to always want to be there. Wonder if that's an issue going forward at this time. 

I actually wonder if he'll be allowed to leave and come back over. We might have to smuggle him across the border in a Yugo like the Red Wings did with Petr Klima

53 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Agreed, especially with the KHL season coming to an end shortly, and the expectation that he would come back to North America to join an NHL club. I feel like this is could be a potential problem just getting him out, regardless of who owns his rights.

21 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

That's also because nearly all of their sponsors have pulled out. There's a strong indication they might remove themselves from the KHL and return to the Finnish Liiga.

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1