• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

22 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

The Score has Georgiev expected to start against the Canes. Gallant is torturing the man, ensuring ADA scores against him again.

CHRIS, TRADE HIM ALREADY....PLEASE....THIS IS BRUTAL!!

Of course. I’m probably going to that game so it makes sense. I may have to reconsider the idea of spending a couple hundred dollars to go see that impending trainwreck lol

• LMFAO 1

I’m sorry, but if they go that route, it’s a joke. Igor can play back to backs. These are big games, they’ve managed his work load effectively during the course of the season. You have to give him these 2 starts. I don’t give a fuck if it’s back to backs; he’s going to have to play them eventually. And this is eventually.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m sorry, but if they go that route, it’s a joke. Igor can play back to backs. These are big games, they’ve managed his work load effectively during the course of the season. You have to give him these 2 starts. I don’t give a fuck if it’s back to backs; he’s going to have to play them eventually. And this is eventually.

Agree. Back-to-back against Tampa and Carolina is a perfect chance to test Igor in a "playoff-like" situation.

I’m not even sure how much the games matter. It’s all down to seeding. They aren’t catching Carolina for the top seed, so the Rangers are basically playing one of: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida, Tampa in the first round, depending on if they finish 2nd/3rd in Metro or 7th/8th. I mean there’s potentially home ice at play, but the quality of the opponent in the first round is going to be pretty damn good regardless.

2 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I’m not even sure how much the games matter. It’s all down to seeding. They aren’t catching Carolina for the top seed, so the Rangers are basically playing one of: Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida, Tampa in the first round, depending on if they finish 2nd/3rd in Metro or 7th/8th. I mean there’s potentially home ice at play, but the quality of the opponent in the first round is going to be pretty damn good regardless.

I mean, I'd prefer to have home ice against Pittsburgh than being the road dog against everyone else.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 3

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I mean, I'd prefer to have home ice against Pittsburgh than being the road dog against everyone else.

Yeah, for sure if I got to choose I would choose that too, but I guess just in the context of wearing down Shesterkin for it…I don’t know. Doesn’t seem worth it. Pittsburgh is right up there with those teams and I think they get disrespected pretty good. Lots of Stanley Cup quality experience there.

Edited by rmc51

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

The Score has Georgiev expected to start against the Canes. Gallant is torturing the man, ensuring ADA scores against him again.

CHRIS, TRADE HIM ALREADY....PLEASE....THIS IS BRUTAL!!

Isn't DeAngelo out with a major injury? 

• VINNY! 1

16 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

I definitely don't know for sure but I think I heard ADA was skating. Don't think it was major.

ADA is days away if that. He was a possibility yesterday and today but late omission. My fantasy hockey team needs him right now. 

Chytil's compete level has raised significantly the last 4 or 5 games. He's been using his size and strength to work the boards and control pucks when it's on his stick. He isn't afraid to go to the net. He also backchecked nicely tonight. One occasion in particular he huffed it back from the Tampa goal line all the way back to the D zone to break up a pass in the slot. This is the good Chytil that gave us hope a long time ago. It's not a surprise Gallant has started giving him some more steady and slightly increased ice time (last 7 games about 2 min more per game than season average).

Edited by rmc51