• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

35 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

i like vatrano in place of laf, and laf moving back to his natural position. But itd be worth seeing what copp can do centering that third line, with either chytil or goodrow on stromes right.

I think Copp is a perfect fit with Panarin and Strome, but at the same time you're right and especially that I don't want to see Chytil as a center anymore.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I think it's just experimentation, Richie.  I wouldn't look too far into it.  They all played like a horses ass last game.  ...I just wish Chytil would do SOMETHING!  He just kinda floats around like a fart cloud out there!

Maybe Laffy can help him.  Goodrow and Laf had some decent chemistry if I remember correctly from a little while back.

Those 2 looked good with Blais I thought before he got hurt, albeit in a VERY small sample

• Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Meh. 

Would ya just put Copp as the damn 3rd line center already?  He refuses to use Goodrow there, now it looks like hes not going to use Copp there. 

Kreider- Zibanejad- Motte/Chytil 

Panarin- Strome- Chytil/ Motte

Lafreniere- Copp- Vatrano 

Goodrow- Brodzinski/Mckegg- Reaves/Hunt

I think Copp would mesh very well with Lafreniere. Having a physical presence and a nose for the front of the net with a shooter who keeps his feet moving would benefit Lafreniere. 

Of course I would rather see my guy inserted back into the lineup. But, nobody else see the magic  LOL. 

Once Kakko is back Motte or Chytil are shit out of luck unless they have some serious chemistry with were I suggest they try them.

Either way, Kakko is going to bump one of these grinder wingers and Rooney will purge Brodzinski or Mckegg. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Meh. 

Would ya just put Copp as the damn 3rd line center already?  He refuses to use Goodrow there, now it looks like hes not going to use Copp there. 

Kreider- Zibanejad- Motte/Chytil 

Panarin- Strome- Chytil/ Motte

Lafreniere- Copp- Vatrano 

Goodrow- Brodzinski/Mckegg- Reaves/Hunt

I think Copp would mesh very well with Lafreniere. Having a physical presence and a nose for the front of the net with a shooter who keeps his feet moving would benefit Lafreniere. 

Of course I would rather see my guy inserted back into the lineup. But, nobody else see the magic  LOL. 

Once Kakko is back Motte or Chytil are shit out of luck unless they have some serious chemistry with were I suggest they try them.

Either way, Kakko is going to bump one of these grinder wingers and Rooney will purge Brodzinski or Mckegg. 

I’m good with him screwing around with lines and what not for a bit to get an idea of what might work and who fits best where and with who. 

Rangers never miscast their trade deadline acquisitions.  Acquire a great third line player and immediately put him in your top 6.  They've had a bottom 6 problem forever.  Why does Gallant refuse to make the most obvious move.  Copp centering Goodrow and pick a wing (Motte, Laff, Kakko when he returns, Hunt, etc).  You Immediately have a legit third line that can contribute and matchup against other teams top lines.  For such a great old school hockey mind in Gallant why does he have to over think this?  

24 minutes ago, Capt said:

Rangers never miscast their trade deadline acquisitions.  Acquire a great third line player and immediately put him in your top 6.  They've had a bottom 6 problem forever.  Why does Gallant refuse to make the most obvious move.  Copp centering Goodrow and pick a wing (Motte, Laff, Kakko when he returns, Hunt, etc).  You Immediately have a legit third line that can contribute and matchup against other teams top lines.  For such a great old school hockey mind in Gallant why does he have to over think this?  

You’re surprised of this when he’s essentially refused to use Goodrow as the 3C all season long? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

You’re surprised of this when he’s essentially refused to use Goodrow as the 3C all season long? 

I've said this somewhere, here or group chat, but totally agree the 3C has been here all along and we may have seen him there if the wing depth wasn't gutted by injury, COVID, and whining. 

In fact, if they do replace Strome with Copp, the only way you avoid putting yourself in the same situation this year as last year is moving Goody to 3C.

Right now when Kakko returns I'd be interested to see if they make that 3rd line a hard to play against line. 

CK Zib Vatrano

Panarin Strome Lafreniere

Goodrow Copp Kakko

Hunt Rooney Motte

Flip flop Vatrano and Laf if needed, or even try and throw Motte up on the 2nd if Laf needs a kick in the ass.

Enough of Reavo the 1st liner. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

18 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The problem is Chytil.

They insist on playing him as the 3rd line center when there are better options on the team.

Should've either traded him or move him to wing already.

Yup. This is the correct answer. "We see him as a center" is driving all of this, and it's why he's still not been tried at 2RW despite near unanimous support in trying it.

• VINNY! 2

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've said this somewhere, here or group chat, but totally agree the 3C has been here all along and we may have seen him there if the wing depth wasn't gutted by injury, COVID, and whining. 

In fact, if they do replace Strome with Copp, the only way you avoid putting yourself in the same situation this year as last year is moving Goody to 3C.

Right now when Kakko returns I'd be interested to see if they make that 3rd line a hard to play against line. 

CK Zib Vatrano

Goodrow Copp Kakko

Hunt Rooney Motte

Flip flop Vatrano and Laf if needed, or even try and throw Motte up on the 2nd if Laf needs a kick in the ass.

This is basically exactly what I want to see in the playoffs. Imagine trying to match up against this? Maybe you can neutralize the first and/or second lines, but you're gonna have a tough time also containing the third.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

CK Zib Vatrano

Goodrow Copp Kakko

Hunt Rooney Motte

That’s my feeling too.

Its understandable on a level in that Goodrow is highly trusted by Gallant, and he’s really had an excellent season for them, so he wants him out there and also wants to reward him more ice time and with his best players to boot. Totally see that. 
But realistically, for me at least, Goodrow should have been used in that role heavily. 

Id be all about playing a 3rd line of Goodrow-Copp-Kakko. That’s potentially a very hard line to play against and a really good defensive line. Possibly a shut down line, with also a good amount of offensive upside. 

Agree with your other point in that a potential Copp over Strome still leaves a hole at 3C wherein you look at Goodrow there, which I’m totally fine with and have been all along, but for whatever reason, Gallant hasn’t gone that route very much.

Now if you want to say it’s because he doesn’t like Goodrow at C or doesn’t think he is one, ok. But at the same time, he can legitimately play there, and he’s your best option in that spot. 

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. This is the correct answer. "We see him as a center" is driving all of this, and it's why he's still not been tried at 2RW despite near unanimous support in trying it.

They have to end that Chytil at C experiment at this point. He doesn’t at this point belong at the position. 
Just play him on the wing. Forget about C. Try and give him ice time with some skilled guys and see if that gets him going some. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

That’s my feeling too.

Its understandable on a level in that Goodrow is highly trusted by Gallant, and he’s really had an excellent season for them, so he wants him out there and also wants to reward him more ice time and with his best players to boot. Totally see that. 
But realistically, for me at least, Goodrow should have been used in that role heavily. 

Id be all about playing a 3rd line of Goodrow-Copp-Kakko. That’s potentially a very hard line to play against and a really good defensive line. Possibly a shut down line, with also a good amount of offensive upside. 

Agree with your other point in that a potential Copp over Strome still leaves a hole at 3C wherein you look at Goodrow there, which I’m totally fine with and have been all along, but for whatever reason, Gallant hasn’t gone that route very much.

Now if you want to say it’s because he doesn’t like Goodrow at C or doesn’t think he is one, ok. But at the same time, he can legitimately play there, and he’s your best option in that spot. 

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

They have to end that Chytil at C experiment at this point. He doesn’t at this point belong at the position. 
Just play him on the wing. Forget about C. Try and give him ice time with some skilled guys and see if that gets him going some. 

I mean you're illustrating the point here and your second post. 

Goody was 4th line center last game and Chytil 3C... In what world does that make sense?

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I hate to draw parallels to anything Devils, but whatever combination of Goodrow, Copp, and Kakko reminds me of the old Pandolfo-Madden-Whoever line. That line can potentially hound an opposing top line.

Brylin I think was their wing. 

But yeah, this line would be one that could actually score.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mean you're illustrating the point here and your second post. 

Goody was 4th line center last game and Chytil 3C... In what world does that make sense?

I agree.

Goodrow deserves the ice time he gets. But you can play him predominately at 3C and bump him up onto the W on one of your top 2 lines periodically as needed/wanted and still give him that ice time and some looks with your best players. 

And look… I get that you probably want a grinder like him on the RW of Strome and Panarin. But you’ve done that plenty this year and while it’s worked some, it hasn’t been like, oh my, these 3 NEED to play together. They’ve been pretty good when they’ve been a group. But far from great. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Didn’t he even do 2RW already earlier in the year before he got hurt? And actually produced some? Yet the Rangers and Chytil still say he’s a center.