• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

someone can easily come in and skate around and try to hit people, completely abandoning their position, while putting up no points like Motte has done. He's 5th in PK time during those games, with Strome, Rooney and Kakko all out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, josh said:

someone can easily come in and skate around and try to hit people, completely abandoning their position, while putting up no points like Motte has done. He's 5th in PK time during those games, with Strome, Rooney and Kakko all out.

I don’t get the Motte love either. He was Dryden Hunt. Energy and that’s about it.

• Keeps it 100 1

17 minutes ago, josh said:

And just when I was about to take the plunge and buy you a Motte jersey.  Saved me a couple bucks.

He has some jump and forechecks pretty well. I dont dislike him on the fourth line over Reaves. Reaves is SLLOOOWWW.

Yea they're pretty indistinguishable in every way imaginable. 

But it's nice to be back to arguing over which 4th liner with 0's across the stat sheet is "better", when there'd be no tangible result to the game if you swapped either player in the same role. 

• VINNY! 1

Probably a bit harsh, but Chytil being out has an element of taking a coach's toys away.

You look at the lineup with Zib/Strome/Goodrow/Rooney down the middle and not having to shoehorn Chytil as one of the centers, and it immediately looks more balanced and playoff ready to me.

Edited by Gravesy
  • Like 2
  • Bullseye 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • VINNY! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

On 4/9/2022 at 6:45 AM, Gravesy said:

Probably a bit harsh, but Chytil being out has an element of taking a coach's toys away.

You look at the lineup with Zib/Strome/Goodrow/Rooney down the middle and not having to shoehorn Chytil as one of the centers, and it immediately looks more balanced and playoff ready to me.

Maybe I'm reading what you're saying wrong, but I honestly don't think Chytil is one of Gallant's guys. I mean he's been benched more than anyone not named Julian Gautheir. It's also pretty convenient that Chytil is mysteriously "injured" once the lineup is full. 

Like you said, Chytil is not the best fit on a playoff 3rd line. At the same time, he is the opposite of a Gallant-style player. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just the odd man out and his "injury" softens the blow.

3 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Maybe I'm reading what you're saying wrong, but I honestly don't think Chytil is one of Gallant's guys. I mean he's been benched more than anyone not named Julian Gautheir. It's also pretty convenient that Chytil is mysteriously "injured" once the lineup is full. 

Like you said, Chytil is not the best fit on a playoff 3rd line. At the same time, he is the opposite of a Gallant-style player. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just the odd man out and his "injury" softens the blow.

This dude has been hurt every year in the league, and you think the latest one is something else? Highly unlikely.

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Gallant will never say it, but this has to be some sort of punishment for Lafreniere.  1OA 4th liner.. Hope this sends whatever message he is trying to send.

He was looking good before the trade deadline and IMO hasn't been noticeably bad, but he also hasn't been noticeably good. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Gallant will never say it, but this has to be some sort of punishment for Lafreniere.  1OA 4th liner.. Hope this sends whatever message he is trying to send.

He was looking good before the trade deadline and IMO hasn't been noticeably bad, but he also hasn't been noticeably good. 

I don't think it's punishment. The Rangers were basically the worst team Laf could get drafted to with Kreider and Panarin signed long term on the LW. He's either a 3rd liner or nothing and 3rd line is not his kind of game at the NHL level.

Vatrano has come back to earth lately. I think the move for the playoffs is Laf on the 1st line RW, swapping him out with Vatrano when they need to.