• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I'm thinking after we stock the shelves with maybe a couple of players at the deadline, we're going to be a tough out for those guys.  Right now, you're right; I don't see how we could keep up with those types of teams...but a few well-placed body checks and some continuous pounding in to those back boards on dump-ins just might take some of the zip out of a fast team.

I like the way you're thinking...

4 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Some really good teams are going to be eliminated in the first round.  its like pick your poison where you want to end the season.  

If the season ended today it would be

Boston vs. Florida

Washington vs. Carolina

Pittsburgh vs. Rangers

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay

The Rangers record against Eastern conference playoff teams is 7-4-0 (0.571) in 11 games, only Florida's record of 9-5-0 (0.555)  is better, but they played more games, 14, against Eastern conference playoff teams. So, the Rangers chances don't look bad, at least until this point of the season. There's some reason for optimism...

• VINNY! 1

4 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Some really good teams are going to be eliminated in the first round.  its like pick your poison where you want to end the season.  

If the season ended today it would be

Boston vs. Florida

Washington vs. Carolina

Pittsburgh vs. Rangers

Toronto vs. Tampa Bay

Good teams get eliminated in the first round all the time. It's a natural byproduct of the playoff model that encourages a first round of blood bath match-ups.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil said:

I actually think they did take Florida apart. That third period was a clinic in protective/shutdown hockey. That said, it was arguably the only example of them doing that all season long, so it didn't do nearly enough to dismantle the broader criticism that they're too heavily reliant on a power play and goal tending.

Like I said, they relied on Igor and the PP and Florida 2nd night of back to back. 

20 hours ago, Pete said:

Like I said, they relied on Igor and the PP and Florida 2nd night of back to back

Maybe it's just me, but...

11/08/21, Florida's 1st night of the back to back in NYC, NYR won 4-3

12/29/21, Rangers' 1st night of the back to back in FLA, Florida won 4-3

02/01/22, Florida's 2nd night of back to back in NYC, NYR won 5-3

So, the Rangers beat them, regardless if it's the 1st, or 2nd night of back to back games. They also won the regular season series 2-1, against the best team in the league. Not too shabby...

32 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Maybe it's just me, but...

11/08/21, Florida's 1st night of the back to back in NYC, NYR won 4-3

12/29/21, Rangers' 1st night of the back to back in FLA, Florida won 4-3

02/01/22, Florida's 2nd night of back to back in NYC, NYR won 5-3

So, the Rangers beat them, regardless if it's the 1st, or 2nd night of back to back games. They also won the regular season series 2-1, against the best team in the league. Not too shabby...

Your original post said they "picked Florida apart". They did not. 

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Your original post said they "picked Florida apart". They did not. 

I respectfully disagree with you.

There's a small chance that the Rangers will play them later in the playoff and would be interesting to see how it'll play out.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

This wait is fucking brutal.

At least the board has been busy!!!  If you miss 2 hours up here, you're 4 days behind with unread posts.....Great stuff too!!!

...and that Wordle today???  Shit!!!  I was almost stumped!  I see you went a few extra rounds too!!!  😉

• LOL 1

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

At least the board has been busy!!!  If you miss 2 hours up here, you're 4 days behind with unread posts.....Great stuff too!!!

...and that Wordle today???  Shit!!!  I was almost stumped!  I see you went a few extra rounds too!!!  😉

Well, when Wordle stumps you, you should take a break....😉😇

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

I don't get the reference for sandwiches and picnic, maybe I am just as short....🤨

....Not playing with a full deck

...A couple bricks short of a wall

...not exactly a member of the faculty of Harvard

...Sharp as a bowling ball

...four cents short of a nickel

...the wheel's spinning, but the hamster is dead

all apply in this case!!  LOL

• LOL 2

I like the rest our squad has been able to take, and while others get to rest too, it's good for our young netminder so he's strong like bull for the remainder of games. Some rust is to be expected and I'm ok with that as long as we get right back on that bike. Other than fatigue, the other teams that are playing make-up games actually have a bit of an advantage when we re-start. No matter though, our boys will be ready. The photos from practice showing smiles all around - great! Have fun and win.