• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

All Gauthier does is try to jam the puck through the goalie after going wide.

It's like he doesn't know he can muscle defensemen off, or that he can get a step if he keeps his legs moving.

He's a dummy and thats why he sucks.

15 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I want to know if he did anything differently in the AHL to have such a good scoring record, or if the opposing players and goalies just suck that much.

In the lower ranks, he did stay against the RW boards ALL OF THE TIME. He actually moved about the ice. He used to cheat a bit, flee the zone up the middle, cutting to the the left side of the ice, and try to cut back for a shot on his forehand.

When you look at the kind of long term license given to Chytil and Howden in the hope they might develop, there's a good argument for giving Goat some more leeway.

Now, if when he goes roaring around the back of the net he could learn to find Zib or CK with a pass, that would be something.

Edited by Sod16
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, josh said:

In the lower ranks, he did stay against the RW boards ALL OF THE TIME. He actually moved about the ice. He used to cheat a bit, flee the zone up the middle, cutting to the the left side of the ice, and try to cut back for a shot on his forehand.

He started this season and last doing that. He was recently stuck on carrying the puck wide around the net hoping his shitty 1OA linemate would go the a spot infront of the net or in the slot to receive a pass for a shot. That 1OA was never there. Ever. Doesn't seem to like being there.  Rather be on the bench.  

Now that he has players who can skate and get in scoring position, maybe they can see more production from him. That or he'll shoot the puck into the center ice scoreboard.  

6 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Bet Gauthier misses that shot too.

You know what man?

I think that people give this guy way too much shit considering he's played less total games as a Ranger than Kakko or Lafreniere and is deemed as having had his chance already. 

He's never gotten top 6 minutes before the game before last. Guy misses a chance and it's "he fucking sucks". 

Kakko puts his socks on? "He's a work in progress and look, LOOK he's improving, he put his socks on!"

Lafreniere doesn't collapse after a backcheck?  "He's almost there, I can see the skill. Give him time and put him with better players again, then he wont be a slow, weak, fat fuck who is afraid to have the puck on his stick... ok maybe not THIS time with better players, but one of the next times, hes going to do it one day. Lets be glad hes not producing,  because then he'll be an affordable fat fuck former 1OA that doesn't produce".

Gauthier has played 78 NHL games and is consistently getting scoring chances, unlike the top prospects that everyone will make excuses for. I go with the guy that is atleast getting chances vs the no shows by the players that get special treatment around here. 

Gauthier deserves better. And no I'm not related to him. LOL

• TroCheckmark 1

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You know what man?

I think that people give this guy way too much shit considering he's played less total games as a Ranger than Kakko or Lafreniere and is deemed as having had his chance already. 

He's never gotten top 6 minutes before the game before last. Guy misses a chance and it's "he fucking sucks". 

Kakko puts his socks on? "He's a work in progress and look, LOOK he's improving, he put his socks on!"

Lafreniere doesn't collapse after a backcheck?  "He's almost there, I can see the skill. Give him time and put him with better players again, then he wont be a slow, weak, fat fuck who is afraid to have the puck on his stick... ok maybe not THIS time with better players, but one of the next times, hes going to do it one day. Lets be glad hes not producing,  because then he'll be an affordable fat fuck former 1OA that doesn't produce".

Gauthier has played 78 NHL games and is consistently getting scoring chances, unlike the top prospects that everyone will make excuses for. I go with the guy that is atleast getting chances vs the no shows by the players that get special treatment around here. 

Gauthier deserves better. And no I'm not related to him. LOL

Multiple NHL coaches disagree with you.

43 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Couple of things. 1pm and no GDT yet?

Also, Braden Schneider is here to stay. Barring injury, he’s not coming out of the lineup. Under no circumstance do I trade him honestly. He’s looked fantastic and it’s just the beginning. 

Schneids has got some game alright. Fantastic poise and decision making out there already.

• Keeps it 100 1

I wanna like Gauthier but he’s so frustrating to watch. All the talent in the world and he can’t put it together. 

To be fair I think kakko laf and Gauthier all equally suck. 

edit: he’s like a modern day Rico fata. Too much size and speed for his own good.

Edited by siddious
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, siddious said:

I wanna like Gauthier but he’s so frustrating to watch. All the talent in the world and he can’t put it together. 

edit: he’s like a modern day Rico fata. Too much size and speed for his own good.

Doesn't go to the net, instead gets pushed wide every time(if only he could face the fearsome stick check of K'Andre Miller!). And on the rare occasions he does get a shot off, never, scores. 

45 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Doesn't go to the net, instead gets pushed wide every time(if only he could face the fearsome stick check of K'Andre Miller!). And on the rare occasions he does get a shot off, never, scores. 

I’ve never seen a more snake-bit player in my life. Guy couldn’t score on an empty net break away at this point 

23 hours ago, siddious said:

All the talent in the world?  Other than his skating speed, he suck’s grandmother’s balls