• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

Schneider literally just did exactly that. Taxi squad to seemingly full-time regular because he forced the issue. This is nonsense, and probably not what he meant. My guess is he was just trying not to send the wrong message to the roster, who are performing well, by unintentionally signaling that anyone's job security is at risk.

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Schneider literally just did exactly that. Taxi squad to seemingly full-time regular because he forced the issue. This is nonsense, and probably not what he meant. My guess is he was just trying not to send the wrong message to the roster, who are performing well, by unintentionally signaling that anyone's job security is at risk.

Schneider took a rookies job. He's in for Lundkvist. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Schneider took a rookies job. He's in for Lundkvist. 

No, I get that, but it's not as though the team isn't carrying two extra defenders who've been here from day one. My point is that he clearly isn't this much of a hardass, he's just being protective of his roster.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

No, I get that, but it's not as though the team isn't carrying two extra defenders who've been here from day one. My point is that he clearly isn't this much of a hardass, he's just being protective of his roster.

I think when he's saying "his guys" he means the ones who are dressing. Like Schneider isn't going to take Lindgren's job. Barron isn't taking Rooney's job right now. Ya know?

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think when he's saying "his guys" he means the ones who are dressing. Like Schneider isn't going to take Lindgren's job. Barron isn't taking Rooney's job right now. Ya know?

Right. I honestly don't have a problem with what he said. The typical whiney Twitter hive mind read between the lines to hear what they wanted to hear.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Right. I honestly don't have a problem with what he said. The typical whiney Twitter hive mind read between the lines to hear what they wanted to hear.

I didn't even read the thread from that Tweet. Its usually just idiot fanbois probably crying about wHaT DOeS tHiS meAN fOr KraV, NiLs and JonEz?

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't even read the thread from that Tweet. Its usually just idiot fanbois probably crying about wHaT DOeS tHiS meAN fOr KraV, NiLs and JonEz?

Basically, yes.

"So Barron has no chance ever? Great coach we have! Butt hurt butt hurt butt hurt."

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Basically, yes.

"So Barron has no chance ever? Great coach we have! Butt hurt butt hurt butt hurt."

You know, Vince has been dying on this hill too. Like, what don't people understand? The team is first in the division. They're not gonna start calling up rookies to replace veterans on a 1st place team. They're probably bringing in MORE veterans. 

The focus isn't on next season. Nor should it be. The focus is on Friday. Then the next game after that. Gallant doesn't give a fuck if Barron getting his feet wet is good for next season. He'll cross that bridge when he gets there. 

When the team friggin stinks and they're not giving rookies minutes, there's a problem. When the team is in first and they're not playing rookies, who cares?

• TroCheckmark 4
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

You know, Vince has been dying on this hill too. Like, what don't people understand? The team is first in the division. They're not gonna start calling up rookies to replace veterans on a 1st place team. They're probably bringing in MORE veterans. 

The focus isn't on next season. Nor should it be. The focus is on Friday. Then the next game after that. Gallant doesn't give a fuck if Barron getting his feet wet is good for next season. He'll cross that bridge when he gets there. 

When the team friggin stinks and they're not giving rookies minutes, there's a problem. When the team is in first and they're not playing rookies, who cares?

Right. The NHL isn't a developmental league. You don't get a shot "When you're ready", you get a shot when you're ready and the team needs you.

Frankly if anyone should be displaced it's Kaky and Loaf. And then Twitter still won't be happy.

There's always been a contingent of Ranger fans who are all about the next shiny object. We had a couple here who would just constantly pine about how Grachev was the next Malkin. "NHL shot!" They are rarely right about it.

• Keeps it 100 1

24 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Framed!  I think this is very well put, 31!

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Right. The NHL isn't a developmental league. You don't get a shot "When you're ready", you get a shot when you're ready and the team needs you.

Frankly if anyone should be displaced it's Kaky and Loaf. And then Twitter still won't be happy.

There's always been a contingent of Ranger fans who are all about the next shiny object. We had a couple here who would just constantly pine about how Grachev was the next Malkin. "NHL shot!" They are rarely right about it.

Everyone starts out as a prospect, but most prospects suck. And even the ones that make it, most of those are average. And even the ones that are above average take years to develop. People have this bizarre idea that prospects are gonna step in and light it up. They're not. Look at the teams who have a lineup of prospects. They're all in basement of the league. Look at the Devils. Think about how long it took Mika to become a 1C. Did he break out at 26? 27? Igor didn't break into the NHL until he was 26. 

Rangers don't need to be doing Morgan Barron any favors when it might be another 3-4 years until he's above replacement level. They're winning now without him.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I wasn't feeling Chytil on that line with Bread and Stromer.  He looked even worse with them than he did on the 3rd line, if that's even possible.

For some reason and I don't know why, I just can't develop a "feel" for Chytil to think he's going to be a solid NHL player.  I can with Kakko and Yukon, and they haven't exactly lit the world on fire yet.  But I believe in those 2 because I see some flashes of it.

I don't see jack-shit from Chytil, and what's worse is that his competitive edge to me seems to be lacking.  He gets beat in puck battles constantly, and shows very little to no fight.

Maybe I'm missing something with him, but at this point, I think he'd be better trying this on another team.  I don't think he fits here anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I just keep thinking if we can land a solid veteran 3C that fits that role; a guy like either a JT Miller, Giroux or Pavelski to replace Chytil.  Play them between Yukon and Goodrow, we're going to be infallible!!

I actually think that’s our best move to make. I can deal with a bit of rotating on the bread RW line, but I really think getting a real 3c to compliment that line would be a huge addition.

• Cheers 1