• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

22 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I actually think that’s our best move to make. I can deal with a bit of rotating on the bread RW line, but I really think getting a real 3c to compliment that line would be a huge addition.

I wouldn't mind adding one more depth defenseman either, for a playoff haul.  But I'm pretty sure we're both on the same page with that 3C, big K.

I'd rather rent Giroux though.  I like his faceoff win/loss %, his offensive prowess and he knows the conference better than probably anyone else.  Plus I think he would be the perfect center for Laffy.

41 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I think it's pretty clear time is running out for Gauthier and Chytil. One of both of them won't be on the team come playoffs. 

I mean, of the two, Gauthier is the easiest to move out, because they clearly need/want a RW, so from a pure body-for-body perspective, he just makes sense.

• VINNY! 1

watching last night, I kept thinking about all the Gourde comments.

Lafreniere, Kakko, Goodrow, Gauthier, Chytil - god damn that middle 6 core is fucking boring.

They certainly could use a little spitfire in the middle group to add some much needed life. Love to see someone like that between Goodrow & Kakko on the third line, our own version of Tampa's line. Unfortunately, not a lot of guys that can fit that mold. Even if its Lafreniere and Kakko on the wings - regardless, they need someone to go around and cause havoc, create energy. Hunt does this once in awhile for the Panarin line. They need that pest-y forward that never stops moving.

• Keeps it 100 2

51 minutes ago, josh said:

Lafreniere, Kakko, Goodrow, Gauthier, Chytil - god damn that middle 6 core is fucking boring.

They certainly could use a little spitfire in the middle group to add some much needed life. Love to see someone like that between Goodrow & Kakko on the third line, our own version of Tampa's line. Unfortunately, not a lot of guys that can fit that mold. Even if its Lafreniere and Kakko on the wings - regardless, they need someone to go around and cause havoc, create energy. Hunt does this once in awhile for the Panarin line. They need that pest-y forward that never stops moving.

Namestnikov.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I wouldn't mind adding one more depth defenseman either, for a playoff haul.  But I'm pretty sure we're both on the same page with that 3C, big K.

I'd rather rent Giroux though.  I like his faceoff win/loss %, his offensive prowess and he knows the conference better than probably anyone else.  Plus I think he would be the perfect center for Laffy.

Not to mention a real chance to go far in the playoffs

a butch goring, Claude lemieux grinder

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Chytil back to C. Hunt back to the second line. Gauthier appears to be the odd man out. If only they were all replaced.

Hopefully Goodrow moves up to Panarins RW and Hunt gets flushed down the toilet like the pile of shit that he is.

I seriously don't understand why he's been here so long, or was picked to make the roster over Kravtsov to begin with.  He. Fucking. Sucks. 

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I wasn't feeling Chytil on that line with Bread and Stromer.  He looked even worse with them than he did on the 3rd line, if that's even possible.

For some reason and I don't know why, I just can't develop a "feel" for Chytil to think he's going to be a solid NHL player.  I can with Kakko and Yukon, and they haven't exactly lit the world on fire yet.  But I believe in those 2 because I see some flashes of it.

I don't see jack-shit from Chytil, and what's worse is that his competitive edge to me seems to be lacking.  He gets beat in puck battles constantly, and shows very little to no fight.

Maybe I'm missing something with him, but at this point, I think he'd be better trying this on another team.  I don't think he fits here anymore.

I thought he looked light years better than he had been lately on the 3rd line. BUT, you could tell Panarin and Strome were trying to force pucks to him. Which kinda hindered the goal production of Strome/Panarin.

He was consistently infront of the net but didn't seem to have a feel for where to be facing and when.  That's something that grows with playing with your linemates for more than 2-3 games. I'd keep them together a bit longer.  Especially if Mike Hunt is the alternative.  

dog GIF by Red & Howling

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hopefully Goodrow moves up to Panarins RW and Hunt gets flushed down the toilet like the pile of shit that he is.

I seriously don't understand why he's been here so long, or was picked to make the roster over Kravtsov to begin with.  He. Fucking. Sucks. 

Please don't hold back lol

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I thought he looked light years better than he had been lately on the 3rd line. BUT, you could tell Panarin and Strome were trying to force pucks to him. Which kinda hindered the goal production of Strome/Panarin.

He was consistently in front of the net but didn't seem to have a feel for where to be facing and when.  That's something that grows with playing with your linemates for more than 2-3 games. I'd keep them together a bit longer.  Especially if Mike Hunt is the alternative.  

dog GIF by Red & Howling

It's his compete level that concerns, me Dude-man.  I'm just not getting the warm fuzzies with him.  He kinda just folds under any duress along the boards and loses puck battles, showing no will to win them.

Granted I know the Kakko and Laff aren't producing to expectation, but they also aren't costing us defensively when they're out there playing.  Chytil has been responsible for some costly plays a little more often, especially in the neutral zone.

I'm curious to see where it goes with him, because I just don't see him as a fit here.  The real problem with that is that his value isn't very high at all, and I would think he's not goting to garner us very much, even as a "throw-in" on a deal.

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It's his compete level that concerns, me Dude-man.  I'm just not getting the warm fuzzies with him.  He kinda just folds under any duress along the boards and loses puck battles, showing no will to win them.

Granted I know the Kakko and Laff aren't producing to expectation, but they also aren't costing us defensively when they're out there playing.  Chytil has been responsible for some costly plays a little more often, especially in the neutral zone.

I'm curious to see where it goes with him, because I just don't see him as a fit here.  The real problem with that is that his value isn't very high at all, and I would think he's not goting to garner us very much, even as a "throw-in" on a deal.

Well, he looked better with Panarin than he did with Lafreniere.  Like everyone else does... Chytil is definitely at an all time low as far as his value goes. So, with that said I try boosting his value and using him where he looks better.  Keep him with Panarin and hopefully he accidentally puts a couple goals in. Giving other teams interest in what was once a good prospect.

Heck, maybe he returns to form and lights it up? I see nothing to lose in trying to build chemistry for Chytil. They gain nothing in having Hunt in that spot. Or on the roster. Or on this planet. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, josh said:

👋

New York Rangers: Is Brendan Lemieux worth more than Pavel Zacha?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, josh said:

Yup. Like a spark plug with talent and a bit of swagger in a big moment that could elevate the third line or slot up if he’s really feeling it that day or injury. 

I’m sure everyone is sick of hearing me on my Gourde mission but I just see it being such a great fit and I like how it can work for more than just this year. Alf isn’t surpassing Kreider or Bread on the left for another two seasons . Might as well look for someone to add another layer to that third line. 

Get Arizona involved. They have 50+ million in cap space next year so retention is nothing for them. Chychrun goes to Seattle for Gourde. Seattle trades a 30 year old for a 23 year old offensive D. Arizona trades Gourde to us retaining contract and give them something like Lundkvist, Chytil, and see what piece three they want if those two don’t get it done. 

we rid ourselves of the Chytil experiment, Lundkvist is never going up the ranks here anyway as an offensive D, and we solidify a role and need. We are one of the few teams that have the assets to not miss a beat and set ourselves up in a flat cap world. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, josh said:

I just fear adding that contract means no Strome, which would be another hole to fill 

It all has to work with retention because if Arizona takes 50% retention and Chytil is moved , it’s a 200k difference in our cap situation. 

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It all has to work with retention because if Arizona takes 50% retention and Chytil is moved , it’s a 200k difference in our cap situation. 

Arizona is retaining on 2 contracts right now. They're retaining on OEL until 26-27.

I just can't see them paying more players NOT to play for them. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yup. Like a spark plug with talent and a bit of swagger in a big moment that could elevate the third line or slot up if he’s really feeling it that day or injury. 

I’m sure everyone is sick of hearing me on my Gourde mission but I just see it being such a great fit and I like how it can work for more than just this year. Alf isn’t surpassing Kreider or Bread on the left for another two seasons . Might as well look for someone to add another layer to that third line. 

Get Arizona involved. They have 50+ million in cap space next year so retention is nothing for them. Chychrun goes to Seattle for Gourde. Seattle trades a 30 year old for a 23 year old offensive D. Arizona trades Gourde to us retaining contract and give them something like Lundkvist, Chytil, and see what piece three they want if those two don’t get it done. 

we rid ourselves of the Chytil experiment, Lundkvist is never going up the ranks here anyway as an offensive D, and we solidify a role and need. We are one of the few teams that have the assets to not miss a beat and set ourselves up in a flat cap world. 

I'm high on Gourde too and I think there's a world where Seattle will do the retention. It will be expensive but the truth is that we have a lot of pieces to move and we should be 100% willing to "overpay" for the exact correct deal. Another versatile middle six guy who can play C is exactly that. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Arizona is retaining on 2 contracts right now. They're retaining on OEL until 26-27.

I just can't see them paying more players NOT to play for them. 

3 technically because I think Grabber is also retained but 2 expire after this season and OEL is just 990k each year. Plus that 50m of cap space with the floor being what it is, they are going to have to pad it somehow. Lord knows they aren’t signing every ufa with that ownership. 

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

3 technically because I think Grabber is also retained but 2 expire after this season and OEL is just 990k each year. Plus that 50m of cap space with the floor being what it is, they are going to have to pad it somehow. Lord knows they aren’t signing every ufa with that ownership. 

I was thinking more about their financial issues but I guess you're right about the floor. 

• VINNY! 1