• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Except they're only good on PP and in net.

Average everywhere else. 

Except in their record which is the most important statistic .

2nd most regulation wins in the entire league 

tied for 3rd most points in the entire league.

6th best winning % in the entire league

Etc etc.  Good team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, josh said:

Split up PP1 and there's more depth.

No shit lines for 3 shifts after every penalty during a game.

Or trade for a real third line center and stop the Chytil experiment already who brings as much to the table as Melba toast 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not, but sure. 

I still don’t understand why you keep on this narrative. You keep posting it here and there yet ignore that it’s a team with 24 wins. Second most in the entire nhl. I think most will agree that they aren’t an elite team. But average? Please. If they were middling at .500 I’d see your point. But when the team is hovering around the .650-.700 winning % it l seems well, a bit odd. I’m as pessimistic as the next person but you can’t argue with wins. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I still don’t understand why you keep on this narrative. You keep posting it here and there yet ignore that it’s a team with 24 wins. Second most in the entire nhl. I think most will agree that they aren’t an elite team. But average? Please. If they were middling at .500 I’d see your point. But when the team is hovering around the .650-.700 winning % it l seems well, a bit odd. I’m as pessimistic as the next person but you can’t argue with wins. 

It's not a narrative, it's facts. 

You're acting like I'm arguing that wins are losses. You're hanging your entire argument on their record when the record is propped by meta-human goaltending and a powerplay. They PK is a product of Igor. 

If they get replacement level goaltending on a given night, they'll lose because they still bleed shots and don't generate shit at ES. Those are just real stats that have been posted in that tweet. Not sure how it can still be debated. 

The entire team is Igor and 5 guys who happen to be on PP1. The rest of the team are JAGs. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's not a narrative, it's facts. 

You're acting like I'm arguing that wins are losses. You're hanging your entire argument on their record when the record is propped by meta-human goaltending and a powerplay. They PK is a product of Igor. 

If they get replacement level goaltending on a given night, they'll lose because they still bleed shots and don't generate shit at ES. Those are just real stats that have been posted in that tweet. Not sure how it can still be debated. 

The entire team is Igor and 5 guys who happen to be on PP1. The rest of the team are JAGs. 

I’m sorry but what you’re giving is your opinion, not facts. Your opinion is that they are average. You’re using some variables in stats to try to prove an opinion but ignoring the results.  That’s nuts but I guess we can all have opinions.

And I don’t care if “you take player X off this team” because that literally is meaningless. Take one or two key players away from any good team and that holds true. The ones you could take away 1 or 2 and they don’t miss a beat are the ELITE teams in the league. That isn’t us. But calling us average because we aren’t perfect is nuts. 

You’re hanging your entire narrative on what’s ifs and strange graphs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m sorry but what you’re giving is your opinion, not facts. Your opinion is that they are average. You’re using some variables in stats to try to prove an opinion but ignoring the results.  That’s nuts but I guess we can all have opinions.

And I don’t care if “you take player X off this team” because that literally is meaningless. Take one or two key players away from any good team and that holds true. The ones you could take away 1 or 2 and they don’t miss a beat are the ELITE teams in the league. That isn’t us. But calling us average because we aren’t perfect is nuts. 

You’re hanging your entire narrative on what’s ifs and strange graphs. 

You're just ignoring thoughts that don't align with your own narrative.

You can call him my opinion, but my opinion is based on statistics, and that's what was posted. And even the guy who posted them said the same thing haha.

I never said if you took anybody off the team, what I said is if Igor even comes down to earth a little bit, right now he's out of his mind, if that levels off they are done for.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're just ignoring thoughts that don't align with your own narrative.

You can call him my opinion, but my opinion is based on statistics, and that's what was posted. And even the guy who posted them said the same thing haha.

I never said if you took anybody off the team, what I said is if Igor even comes down to earth a little bit, right now he's out of his mind, if that levels off they are done for.

Haha, to clarify, you think this team is average. I think that's crazy to call a team average with one of the best records in the nhl. 

The rest is just mudding waters. No one said this is a perfect team. No one said elite. I'm not ignoring anything. There shortcomings is what, makes them good rather than elite. 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Haha, to clarify, you think this team is average. I think that's crazy to call a team average with one of the best records in the nhl. 

The rest is just mudding waters. No one said this is a perfect team. No one said elite. I'm not ignoring anything. There shortcomings is what, makes them good rather than elite. 

You can get hung up on the labels all you want, but the fact is that this team is five guys and Igor.

You know the Rangers are doing something right this season when asshats like Butch Goring write this on Twitter:

In all seriousness, first off: how incredibly unprofessional. The guy is a fucking clown. 

Second, it’s comical for an idiot like this to say something like this considering that aside from a miracle summer Covid run and last season, the Islanders have been arguably the most irrelevant franchise in this league since the early-90s. Even with that run last year, outside of a couple of screaming 20 year olds eating dinner at Borrellis, no one really gave a shit. That dump was absolutely EMPTY for nearly 25 years outside of when the Rangers would visit and embarrass the Islanders by taking over 75% of the stands.

And finally, just another example of how that pathetic franchise will ALWAYS be obsessed with us.

Ugly fucking gremlin. Horrible color commentator. Biased homer. Rent free, baby. Rent free.

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

You know the Rangers are doing something right this season when asshats like Butch Goring write this on Twitter:

In all seriousness, first off: how incredibly unprofessional. The guy is a fucking clown. 

Second, it’s comical for an idiot like this to say something like this considering that aside from a miracle summer Covid run and last season, the Islanders have been arguably the most irrelevant franchise in this league since the early-90s. Even with that run last year, outside of a couple of screaming 20 year olds eating dinner at Borrellis, no one really gave a shit. That dump was absolutely EMPTY for nearly 25 years outside of when the Rangers would visit and embarrass the Islanders by taking over 75% of the stands.

And finally, just another example of how that pathetic franchise will ALWAYS be obsessed with us.

Ugly fucking gremlin. Horrible color commentator. Biased homer. Rent free, baby. Rent free.

Not only am I surprised Butch Goring has a twitter, but equally surprised he knows how to use it.

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1

Fuck Butch Goring. Who gives a shit was he says. He’s a tired old dinosaur that doesn’t seem to realize his own fan base is one of the worst in sports. 

my god, he’s going to talk about the last 3 years? Where have Islander fans been the last 30 years? Right now you can literally go on stub hub and get great seats to any Islander game not against a fanbase that travels well easily for under 100. If you want just any seat, they are as low as $5 on stub hub. In a brand new arena. That’s wild. 

• Applause 1

8 hours ago, jsrangers said:

So what this is saying is that Rangers are a good team that dominates vs bottom half teams and that with their starter goalie they are even with most good teams (6-4-0) and against top teams with their backup sucks (pretty obvious to be fair).

I guess that's pretty much the same for every top team.

Results without their starter:
TBL: 4-3-5

TOR: 5-4-3

NYR: 8-6-4

FLA: 7-1-5

Teams being worse without their starting goalie is pretty normal actually and having the best goalie in the league (or atleast top 3-5) shouldn't be a negative.

In "playoff hockey" having a good goalie is probably the #1 most important thing, so that we're being "carried" by an elite goalie is not a problem in my eyes. The only problem would be if he couldn't maintain the level of play in the playoffs, but I don't see any reason for that to be the case.

#GoodTeam #EliteGoalie

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

38 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

So what this is saying is that Rangers are a good team that dominates vs bottom half teams and that with their starter goalie they are even with most good teams (6-4-0) and against top teams with their backup sucks (pretty obvious to be fair).

I guess that's pretty much the same for every top team.

Results without their starter:
TBL: 4-3-5

TOR: 5-4-3

NYR: 8-6-4

FLA: 7-1-5

Teams being worse without their starting goalie is pretty normal actually and having the best goalie in the league (or atleast top 3-5) shouldn't be a negative.

In "playoff hockey" having a good goalie is probably the #1 most important thing, so that we're being "carried" by an elite goalie is not a problem in my eyes. The only problem would be if he couldn't maintain the level of play in the playoffs, but I don't see any reason for that to be the case.

#GoodTeam #EliteGoalie

Except you're completely ignoring their lack of offense at ES, and there aren't as many PP in the playoffs. 

Good teams have more than 5 skaters and a goalie producing.