• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

10 hours ago, CCCP said:

Rangers dont have a game the whole week. Why not make up the islanders game?

Good week to have guys rest up from nagging shit, like Reaves, Panarin, and I'm sure Shesterkin can use it wisely too!  I'm cool with it...

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

Arena available I’m sure + travel plans + injuries that make us not want to no?

You'd think, but the game was a scheduled home game and the MTL game was a scheduled home game, so it should work in theory. My best guess is that they didn't want to make a second change to that event having already moved it to St Patricks Day - doubly so when you'd ask those fans to move in 2 days or so to figure out tickets and plans and what have you.

It will be a ten-day layoff from their last game until their next game against Detroit. I think if any team could use a bit more time to rest and get healthier, it's this team. The quality of hockey definitely dropped starting in the first Colorado game and then after. You could see some mental and physical fatigue setting in. 

• TroCheckmark 1

I'm honestly looking at this little break as a blessing.  I mean it sucks for us because we don't get to see them play for a while, but who the fuck wants to see us play banged up and lose?

So the hell with it!  I'll take the break and hopefully we come back fresh and healthier!!

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I'm honestly looking at this little break as a blessing.  I mean it sucks for us because we don't get to see them play for a while, but who the fuck wants to see us play banged up and lose?

So the hell with it!  I'll take the break and hopefully we come back fresh and healthier!!

but it'll catch up in the second half of the season where all the make up games will be cramped with the regular scheduled games.  plus if there's an olympic break, teams will be screwed

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It will be a ten-day layoff from their last game until their next game against Detroit. I think if any team could use a bit more time to rest and get healthier, it's this team. The quality of hockey definitely dropped starting in the first Colorado game and then after. You could see some mental and physical fatigue setting in. 

100%. This team definitely needed a mental and physical reset after that Colorado debacle and they didn't really have the chance to get a string of solid practices and rest in, as the games were coming in thick and fast. I think you see a much different and rejuvenated team when they return, hopefully similar to that winning streak they went on. 

• TroCheckmark 2

30 minutes ago, CCCP said:

but it'll catch up in the second half of the season where all the make up games will be cramped with the regular scheduled games.  plus if there's an olympic break, teams will be screwed

I don't think the NHL players are going to go to the Olympics, Simon.  The NHL might wanna rethink that 3 week "layoff" and make up the games during that stretch.  That scheduled break may have been a pretty good saving grace from this season falling too far behind with "cramped games" and Double headers....although I do like @josh's idea of a double header!!!

That would make a hell of a Bar Room BrotherHood meeting!!  LOL

• Like 1