• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Boston is in a different division...

Yes, and both divisions vie for the same two wild card spots.   In terms of the three spots guaranteed within the Rangers' division, they are currently six points ahead of fourth place Pittsburgh.

18 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Boston is in a different division...

As mentioned, still a threat when look at the Wild Card. 
In such a tough division, we always have to make sure we have a WC spot covered. 

Edited by Chuck_IV

46 minutes ago, Chuck_IV said:

As mentioned, still a threat when look at the Wild Card. 
In such a tough division, we always have to make sure we have a WC spot covered. 

Is the Metro tough, though? Top 3 are playoff locks, right? As far as I can tell, it's NYR, WSH, CAR...and a steep drop off to crap.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Points don't expire. Build enough of a cushion against said easy schedule, and it doesn't much matter.

In terms of making the playoffs, maybe. But in terms of seeding a lot can happen between December and April, so yes in the context of the wild card it should absolutely be watched.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

In terms of making the playoffs, maybe. But in terms of seeding a lot can happen between December and April, so yes in the context of the wild card it should absolutely be watched.

I mean, I guess, but what I mean is, if you are a .771 team through basically the first half of the season, what are the odds you'll fall to the wild card? You're a playoff team. You have games in hand against a bunch of divisional rivals. The odds are heavily in your favor.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, I guess, but what I mean is, if you are a .771 team through basically the first half of the season, what are the odds you'll fall to the wild card? You're a playoff team. You have games in hand against a bunch of divisional rivals. The odds are heavily in your favor.

A lot can happen between December and April. 🙂

No one else has to watch the other teams in the conference if they don't want to, though. Everyone do you.

Edited by Pete

On 12/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, josh said:

Rangers are 2nd in the league in points % per game. If they win tonight, theyre the top team with Florida.

Although 98% seems really high, this team has been racking up points. We hear how great all these teams are doing Washington (3pts up with 3 in hand), Flodira (2 back, 1 game in hand), Toronto (1/3), Wild, (0/-1), Flames (0, -2 gms), Canes (0, -1) but we dont give the Rangers the same credit.

Put this another way - if we go precisely .500 for the rest of the season, we'd finish with 95 points, which should get us a wildcard spot almost no questions asked.

• TroCheckmark 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

I mean, yes, but part of that would be losing close to all of their remaining games. It's just not likely.

Dude they do not have to lose all of their remaining games to being a wild card spot... Where you getting this from?

2 hours ago, G1000 said:

Put this another way - if we go precisely .500 for the rest of the season, we'd finish with 95 points, which should get us a wildcard spot almost no questions asked.

The last time a full season was played it took 99 points to get a wild card spot in the east. 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Pete said:

Is the Metro tough, though? Top 3 are playoff locks, right? As far as I can tell, it's NYR, WSH, CAR...and a steep drop off to crap.

You’ve got Pitt right there and that’s without Malkin and Columbus is better this year too. Also, don’t count out the Isle yet. We are only a qtr through the season. LONG way to go. 

9 minutes ago, Chuck_IV said:

You’ve got Pitt right there and that’s without Malkin and Columbus is better this year too. Also, don’t count out the Isle yet. We are only a qtr through the season. LONG way to go. 

The isles would need an absolute historic run. They have 6 wins through 21 games so that leaves them with 61 games. They need roughly 45 ROW wins or so to be in the wild card hunt. So they need somewhere along the lines or 39 wins out of their last 61 games plus a few shootout points I think. That’s a big ask from an older team that doesn’t score too much. And that run needs to start like yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Kinkaid needs waivers to go back to Hartford. Georgiev on the move or am I reading into it too far? They'd probably rather have Kinkaid help now and risk losing him instead of just letting Huska get wrecked.

not until he is on the Rangers for 30 consecutive days of plays 10 games. Until then, he can be sent down without waivers.

• Thanks 4