• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is why a lot of people have problems with Georgiev summed into one Tweet…

We are one of the best teams in this league, and nearly every single time this guy has been in net this year, he has been utterly atrocious.

Yet you’re going to sit back, with the team winning, and whine about not playing enough?

I get that these are world class athletes and the competitive nature dictates that they want to play. But Jesus man, read the room. You’re the back up behind one of the best goalies in the NHL and you, yourself, are playing some terrible hockey. 

This little excerpt, in addition to his piss face the other night after the win at MSG to Igor after the game, makes it so difficult to pull for the guy. Obviously we need him for at the very least the next few games here. But man, getting a backup who knows the role and isn’t such a pouty baby (and also isn’t nearly as inconsistent) is imperative by the deadline.

I am happy he played good last night and we won, don’t get me wrong. But this guy is just incredibly difficult to root for. And I can’t imagine that the players don’t see some form of the pouting if it’s coming off as fairly evident to fans on TV.

Totally, impossible to root for

I’ve noticed too that after wins, he’s the least enthusiastic congratulator for Shesty.  If you don’t want to be a backup, you play beer league where your team only has one goalie!  Otherwise, sit there, light a match, stomp your feet, and cheer like you mean it for your team.  He doesn’t have long with the blue shirts.  Hopefully he has a good streak here while Shesty is recovering so that his marketability goes up…otherwise, teams will focus on his see saw results thus far in his career.  I’d like to see Khudoban in Ranger blue, but that’s because I’m a fan of the shorter goalies!  (My son is a goalie and only 6 foot)!  LOL

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Let’s face it. He got into a fight with person non grata so he was spared a lot of criticism last year.  He should have been replaced before the season started.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I’m sorry you feel that way.  I don’t. He got a lot of bonus points from the fanbase for punching ADA so I think some of his underwhelming play was overlooked. 

Except Gorton did shop him.  Just didn't get an offer he liked.  Hell Gorton tried to trade both of them before this ever happened.

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Except Gorton did shop him.  Just didn't get an offer he liked.  Hell Gorton tried to trade both of them before this ever happened.

That's because Gorton overvalued him. Considering he may just walk at the end of the season, it's just another example of shit asset management. Thanks Gorton!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shane Falco said:

That's because Gorton overvalued him. Considering he may just walk at the end of the season, it's just another example of shit asset management. Thanks Gorton!

Well this is really easy to say, isn't it? "Shit asset management" generally just means the GM didn't do what you the fan wanted him to do. 

Buch was undervalued. Georgiev was overvalued. Reaves was overvalued. Blackwell was undervalued. I mean, it can be said about anyone. People said two 2nds was too much value for Fox...

Seems to me that the asset is only as valuable as the market dictates. No one wanted Georgiev for two summers in a row. They felt like they could use him as a backup more than they needed a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I’m sorry you feel that way.  I don’t. He got a lot of bonus points from the fanbase for punching ADA so I think some of his underwhelming play was overlooked. 

That's some real tin foil had shit.

Personally, I wanted Geogie traded so we could keep Hank for the final year. So, there's at least a focus group of one who pokes a hole in that "theory".

Just now, Pete said:

That's some real tin foil had shit.

Personally, I wanted Geogie traded so we could keep Hank for the final year. So, there's at least a focus group of one who pokes a hole in that "theory".

Stop with the insults. You’re better than that. All I’m simply saying is that last season for a while, a lot of us were forgetting just how bad Georgievs play was and focusing more on what happened off the ice.

Hell, the morning after the fight no one was even talking about how idiotic it was for him to come out and basically interfere with his own player. Why?  Because we were more focused on the circus around ADA.

Nothing tin foil about it. I’m talking about last year, not anything else. You’re extrapolating this into way more than it is. 

11 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Stop with the insults. You’re better than that. All I’m simply saying is that last season for a while, a lot of us were forgetting just how bad Georgievs play was and focusing more on what happened off the ice.

Hell, the morning after the fight no one was even talking about how idiotic it was for him to come out and basically interfere with his own player. Why?  Because we were more focused on the circus around ADA.

Nothing tin foil about it. I’m talking about last year, not anything else. You’re extrapolating this into way more than it is. 

You're still making everything about ADA LOL. It's not an insult to say it's a wild conspiracy to think that people ignore Geo's poor play because he slapped ADA around. The people who agreed with the team sending ADA away stopped thinking about him the second he left. There's a small vocal group of people here who bring him up constantly and if they didn't, we wouldn't. The people here who come out against ADA are doing it in response to other posts. The rest of us have turned the page.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

You're still making everything about ADA LOL. It's not an insult to say it's a wild conspiracy to think that people ignore Geo's poor play because he slapped ADA around. The people who agreed with the team sending ADA away stopped thinking about him the second he left. There's a small vocal group of people here who bring him up constantly and if they didn't, we wouldn't. The people here who come out against ADA are doing it in response to other posts. The rest of us have turned the page.

You’re paranoid about this. ADA could have been anyone. He had a fight with someone. It just happened to be our lightning rod so for a good bit there last year, thoughts were more about how idiotic ADA was and less about Geo being a sieve. 19 games he appeared in last year with 9 being sub .900 save %.  The fact he wasn’t upgraded on after last year is criminal, especially on a team with a starter that isn’t exactly durable. And stop, I do not make EVERYTHING about ADA Rangers related. He was on the team last year, so sometimes his name will come up here and there. I didn’t say people ignore his play in some intentional thing. It’s human nature. We had a circus around us last year for parts of the year.  That tends everyone to focus on that a bit more rather than some on ice issues. Geo was bad. You never knew wtf you were getting out of him. Every time he was on the ice it was a roll of the dice. A backup isn’t typically spectacular but they at least need to be experienced and be dependable albeit less spectacular. 

People can see things differently. There is zero reason to ever act the way you act anytime an opinion you don’t like happens. Tin foil hats. Totally unnecessary. Just don’t reply to me if you don’t like my opinion. It’ll save both of us some time. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

You’re paranoid about this. ADA could have been anyone. He had a fight with someone. It just happened to be our lightning rod so for a good bit there last year, thoughts were more about how idiotic ADA was and less about Geo being a sieve. 19 games he appeared in last year with 9 being sub .900 save %.  The fact he wasn’t upgraded on after last year is criminal, especially on a team with a starter that isn’t exactly durable. And stop, I do not make EVERYTHING about ADA Rangers related. He was on the team last year, so sometimes his name will come up here and there. I didn’t say people ignore his play in some intentional thing. It’s human nature. We had a circus around us last year for parts of the year.  That tends everyone to focus on that a bit more rather than some on ice issues. Geo was bad. You never knew wtf you were getting out of him. Every time he was on the ice it was a roll of the dice. A backup isn’t typically spectacular but they at least need to be experienced and be dependable albeit less spectacular. 

People can see things differently. There is zero reason to ever act the way you act anytime an opinion you don’t like happens. Tin foil hats. Totally unnecessary. Just don’t reply to me if you don’t like my opinion. It’ll save both of us some time. 

I think it's kind of revisionist to say Geo was bad last year. He was decidedly average - which was a drop from pre-pandemic - but bad is a stretch.

He's a streaky goalie that thrives on play time. On a team like ours, that's a total crapshoot, and we should move on from him. 

Georgie acts like a twat

Georgie more often than not is a very mediocre goalie

Igor apparently has ligaments and muscles made of cotton candy

All of these things show a blind man me we need a massive upgrade- ignoring all of the horseshit. 

2 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I think it's kind of revisionist to say Geo was bad last year. He was decidedly average - which was a drop from pre-pandemic - but bad is a stretch.

He's a streaky goalie that thrives on play time. On a team like ours, that's a total crapshoot, and we should move on from him. 

Sure, average is probably an appropriate summary, but it's an aggregate made up of greater extremes than anyone should be comfortable with. Two goalies can both have, say, a .915 career save percentage, but the goalie who more closely performs to that average consistently is unequivocally better and more reliable than the one who has wild swings where he effectively posts a shutout, or gives up six. Georgiev is decidedly  in that camp. He's unreliable.

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Wasn’t there a stat showed at some point Geos stats go down if he starts more often? I feel like I remember that 

Just now, Keirik said:

Wasn’t there a stat showed at some point Geos stats go down if he starts more often? I feel like I remember that 

I think his best hockey was in consistent streaks where he was the guy - Hank hurt, Shesty hurt, had a chance to win the job kind of thing.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Geo become a steady goalie elsewhere. It would stun me to see him as a proper #1, though. 

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I think his best hockey was in consistent streaks where he was the guy - Hank hurt, Shesty hurt, had a chance to win the job kind of thing.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Geo become a steady goalie elsewhere. It would stun me to see him as a proper #1, though. 

The problem is he doesn’t actually perform well when given the chance. Shesty got hurt March 4 last year. Geo comes in for the last 5 minutes. Makes 3 saves. 
starts the next three games

.500 (pulled in the first)

.714 (pulled in the 2nd)

Then Kinkaid gets a chance…

Right there should have been the hint this dude won’t work here.