• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

40 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Also his resting bitch face to Igor after the win the other night was a big sign too. Like, wow, get him out of here.

Remember that 7 round shoot-out we won all because he flopped forward his leg came up and miraculously blocked a shot and Kreisler finished

that was some bad goaltending there

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

You’re paranoid about this. ADA could have been anyone. He had a fight with someone. It just happened to be our lightning rod so for a good bit there last year, thoughts were more about how idiotic ADA was and less about Geo being a sieve. 19 games he appeared in last year with 9 being sub .900 save %.  The fact he wasn’t upgraded on after last year is criminal, especially on a team with a starter that isn’t exactly durable. And stop, I do not make EVERYTHING about ADA Rangers related. He was on the team last year, so sometimes his name will come up here and there. I didn’t say people ignore his play in some intentional thing. It’s human nature. We had a circus around us last year for parts of the year.  That tends everyone to focus on that a bit more rather than some on ice issues. Geo was bad. You never knew wtf you were getting out of him. Every time he was on the ice it was a roll of the dice. A backup isn’t typically spectacular but they at least need to be experienced and be dependable albeit less spectacular. 

People can see things differently. There is zero reason to ever act the way you act anytime an opinion you don’t like happens. Tin foil hats. Totally unnecessary. Just don’t reply to me if you don’t like my opinion. It’ll save both of us some time. 

If you don't want your opinion reacted to, then don't post it. It's a total conspiracy theory that people ignored Geo's play specifically because he slapped around ADA. Where are the receipts? Who here has defended Geo's play over the last 2 years to the point of saying they're comfortable with him in net?

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

I think it's kind of revisionist to say Geo was bad last year. He was decidedly average - which was a drop from pre-pandemic - but bad is a stretch.

He's a streaky goalie that thrives on play time. On a team like ours, that's a total crapshoot, and we should move on from him. 

45c131dd-072f-4048-9879-3fdcb44f9c83_tex

9 minutes ago, Go Blue said:

Remember that 7 round shoot-out we won all because he flopped forward his leg came up and miraculously blocked a shot and Kreisler finished

That was his great moment right there. Actually that whole shootout he was quite good. I've given him credit for that.

16 minutes ago, Go Blue said:

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That was his great moment right there. Actually that whole shootout he was quite good. I've given him credit for that.

Known as "The Scorpion" save!  LOL

• VINNY! 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you don't want your opinion reacted to, then don't post it. It's a total conspiracy theory that people ignored Geo's play specifically because he slapped around ADA. Where are the receipts? Who here has defended Geo's play over the last 2 years to the point of saying they're comfortable with him in net?

No you're wrong. I expect my opinion to be reacted to and discussed. I don't expect to be insulted along the way for it. When you learn that, get back to me. You tell me I'm wearing a tin foil hat and then you double down making it seem like I'm always making Everything about ADA. I'm one of the most positive people about this team these days. 

And again, you're putting words in my mouth. I've never said there is some idea of "man geo sucks but I love him for a fighting ada." I'm saying the circus surrounded that whole situation kind of masked over the other underlying hockey issue that he should have been upgraded on. Not just should have. Criminal that they didn't. 

I'm not sure what "receipts" I'm supposed to show here. I suppose someone who cares enough can probably look back at the board last year and see how little we talked about geo and how often we talked about ADA. 

I dont think management kept him around for fighting ada. They kept him around because of bad talent assessment. There were plenty of goalie upgrades out there. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

No you're wrong. I expect my opinion to be reacted to and discussed. I don't expect to be insulted along the way for it. When you learn that, get back to me. You tell me I'm wearing a tin foil hat and then you double down making it seem like I'm always making Everything about ADA. I'm one of the most positive people about this team these days. 

And again, you're putting words in my mouth. I've never said there is some idea of "man geo sucks but I love him for a fighting ada." I'm saying the circus surrounded that whole situation kind of masked over the other underlying hockey issue that he should have been upgraded on. Not just should have. Criminal that they didn't. 

I'm not sure what "receipts" I'm supposed to show here. I suppose someone who cares enough can probably look back at the board last year and see how little we talked about geo and how often we talked about ADA. 

I dont think management kept him around for fighting ada. They kept him around because of bad talent assessment. There were plenty of goalie upgrades out there. 

Except that's NOT what you said.

15 hours ago, Keirik said:

Let’s face it. He got into a fight with person non grata so he was spared a lot of criticism last year.  He should have been replaced before the season started.

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’m sorry you feel that way.  I don’t. He got a lot of bonus points from the fanbase for punching ADA so I think some of his underwhelming play was overlooked. 

^ Those are receipts. Maybe you meant something different, but your actual words are right there, and when you got called on it, you got bent out of shape.

Geo had already played 5 games and been pretty bad with a 3+ GAA and a ~.880, you don't think anyone was talking about that before the ADA shit? Shesterkin was in injured over month after ADA left the team...The "circus" had long left town.

Edited by Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Except that's NOT what you said.

^ Those are receipts. Maybe you meant something different, but your actual words are right there, and when you got called on it, you got bent out of shape.

Geo had already played 5 games and been pretty bad with a 3+ GAA and a ~.880, you don't think anyone was talking about that before the ADA shit? Shesterkin was in injured over month after ADA left the team...The "circus" had long left town.

Again. Incorrect. I'm getting bent out of shape because you are being the way you are about my opinion. After 15 years of listening to you back and forth. I'd think I dont deserve to be called some tin foil lunatic. It shows zero class and it's uncalled for.

And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying multiple times to you. We, as a fan base, weren't spending as much time talking about geo flip flopping between shitting the bed and making saves in the midst of the circus. There was more talk about who to high five, him or Kreider, for punching ADA than there was his abilities to stop the puck. I think he won some points with the fan base for "sticking up for himself" despite being a major reason why we even lost that point in OT. I'm not even sure why that's even debated or even a big deal. You took one part of an opinion and extrapolated some huge narrative about it. My God. Chill the fuck out. 

The point was more along the lines of being so far removed from that, we now all are on the same page and focused on how badly we need this guy off the team. You think my opinion is wrong. Fine. I think differently. Big deal. How hard would it have been to just say "yeah I cant agree with that" instead of making it personal? In reality, what would have been great is if both guys were off the team for different reasons. I don't mean that Geo should have been cut that night, but it should have been his last season with us. If he can't consistently stop pucks, then maybe we weren't seeing a few underlying issues with him. There are plenty of signs that show he's not exactly the best teammate nor does he want to be here. I'm surprised management didn't address this during the offseason but whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Again. Incorrect. I'm getting bent out of shape because you are being the way you are about my opinion. After 15 years of listening to you back and forth. I'd think I dont deserve to be called some tin foil lunatic. It shows zero class and it's uncalled for.

And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying multiple times to you. We, as a fan base, weren't spending as much time talking about geo flip flopping between shitting the bed and making saves in the midst of the circus. There was more talk about who to high five, him or Kreider, for punching ADA than there was his abilities to stop the puck. I think he won some points with the fan base for "sticking up for himself" despite being a major reason why we even lost that point in OT. I'm not even sure why that's even debated or even a big deal. You took one part of an opinion and extrapolated some huge narrative about it. My God. Chill the fuck out. 

The point was more along the lines of being so far removed from that, we now all are on the same page and focused on how badly we need this guy off the team. You think my opinion is wrong. Fine. I think differently. Big deal. How hard would it have been to just say "yeah I cant agree with that" instead of making it personal? In reality, what would have been great is if both guys were off the team for different reasons. I don't mean that Geo should have been cut that night, but it should have been his last season with us. If he can't consistently stop pucks, then maybe we weren't seeing a few underlying issues with him. There are plenty of signs that show he's not exactly the best teammate nor does he want to be here. I'm surprised management didn't address this during the offseason but whatever. 

Why do I have to chill out? You're the only one who's upset.

Maybe you weren't paying attention to Geo because of what happened to ADA, but most everyone else moved on. We're still trying to move on. But people keep bringing it into the discussion, for what reason is unclear.

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why do I have to chill out? You're the only one who's upset.

Maybe you weren't paying attention to Geo because of what happened to ADA, but most everyone else moved on. We're still trying to move on. But people keep bringing it into the discussion, for what reason is unclear.

Ok. And again, as I explained, I'm "upset" because you once again took one simple opinion and extrapolated it into this whole narrative about moving on, saying I bring up ada all the time, hinted at me being some lunatic,, etc. But you're absolutely right. I shouldn't be asking you to chill out. I should just remember who I'm having the conversation with. Enjoy. 

Rock On Reaction GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Ok. And again, as I explained, I'm "upset" because you once again took one simple opinion and extrapolated it into this whole narrative about moving on, saying I bring up ada all the time, hinted at me being some lunatic,, etc. But you're absolutely right. I shouldn't be asking you to chill out. I should just remember who I'm having the conversation with. Enjoy. 

Rock On Reaction GIF

Yeah I mean you said people were giving Geo a pass because he slapped around ADA and I said it was ridiculous, which it is. I didn't skip to the tin foil hat until you doubled down on it. Then you tried to backtrack from it, because it was your opinion, but when an opinions have no basis in fact they get called out...

You can make all the personal digs you want, I don't really care. People like to whine and complain about what happens here like they're above it, meanwhile they're right the thick of it. You're not better than anybody, homie.

Edited by Pete

20 hours ago, br-avery said:

He said "Im happy I got to play".......Nothing about we or the team, only himself.

"Thing haven't gone the best"...once again all about himself, don't be happy or anything that your team is playing really well and at top.

Is this guy really serious to think he was going to play when not only he sucked but Igor was on fire.

I can not STAND  Georgiev,  BUT, didn't Raanta say something similar or worse (didn't he hope Crawford would get hurt so he could play..?) that got him booted from Chicago a few years ago? I'd take that guy back any day. I think he did apologize for his comments. Georgiev just has this undeserved chip on his shoulder. 

I just don't like the guy. I don't think he's a good goalie. I'd rather a good locker room guy like Kinkaid get the spot.  Atleast he knows his place. 

Edited by The Dude

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Why not think people thought better of Geo because of the ADA Stuff? The guy can't be mentioned without having to stop and have the discussion put in the ADA thread. The hate level is real. It's unlike anything I've ever seen.  

You have a guy here touting that Georgiev "slapped DeAngelo around ". Which was never confirmed. All we heard was that Georgiev punched him. Always gotta step it up and change the facts. 

THOSE fans certainly did turn the other cheek about Georgievs crap play because of the dismissal of said name that shan't be spoken.  Now it just can't be masked because the team is competing. Now they HAVE TO  not like him. 

If you're not saying that.  Fine. I am. 

I mean, doesn't this douche bag mentality now obviously seen by Georgiev maybe get people to back off on the unmentionable man? Maybe he needed to be put in his place.  But because of the man's opinions,  he was wrong for doing so?

I said it then and I'll say it again. He was being a leader by calling out the shitty play of the backup goalie.  Had Kreider or Zibanejad done it, the narrative would have been different.  

Shit, makes you wonder if the joke fighting after a win between Zibanejad and Panarin really was poking fun at Georgiev, as a guy that probably ISNT liked by the locker room.  They DID like the guy that had to leave though...

Edited by The Dude

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why not think people thought better of Geo because of the ADA Stuff? The guy can't be mentioned without having to stop and have the discussion put in the ADA thread.

You have a guy here touting that Georgiev "slapped DeAngelo around ". Which was never confirmed. All we heard was that Georgiev punched him. Always gotta step it up and change the facts.  

THOSE fans certainly did turn the other cheek about Georgievs crap play. Now it just can't be masked because the team is competing. Now they HAVE TO  not like him. 

If you're not saying that.  Fine. I am. 

This is pure fiction. I invite you, ask I did Keirik, to show the receipts. But you won't, because you can't.

On the other hand I love how you try to make a distinction between punched and "slapped around" 🤣.

Edited by Pete

The problem with Georgiev is that he’s not a backup and he’s not a starter. He’s literally like in Neverland for goalies. He doesn’t play well with long rest, and he isn’t good enough to consistently start. He has a complex where he believes he’s good enough, but he isn’t. He has spurts, I admit that. He has periods of play and even games where he looks not good, but excellent; think back to that Toronto game where he shut them out with 50+ saves. But for every one of those, there are 6 or 7 bad starts.

Out of your backup, you’re looking for someone who can come in, obviously isn’t as talented as your starter but can come in cold every so often, give your starter a breather and not look absolutely overmatched. Martin Biron was a class example of this; knew his role, knew who he was the understudy to, was able to fill in whenever Henrik needed a break. Obviously not in the same category as Hank, but was able to be (for the most part) solid in net whenever his number was called to start. And when he didn’t, even though he had started elsewhere, he was often times the biggest cheerleader on the bench, a veteran presence to help Hank through games, etc. That is the ideal backup; not someone literally looks sad whenever Igor steals the show.

• Keeps it 100 2

You're looking for more out of your backup to Igor because of how fragile he's proven to be so far. So it needs to be someone that can take on a heavier load than we would of hoped until Igor proves differently. WIth the injuries coming on innocuous plays I seriously doubt his durability at this point to be the workhorse we had envisioned. 

Edited by jsrangers

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah I mean you said people were giving Geo a pass because he slapped around ADA and I said it was ridiculous, which it is. I didn't skip to the tin foil hat until you doubled down on it. Then you tried to backtrack from it, because it was your opinion, but when an opinions have no basis in fact they get called out...

You can make all the personal digs you want, I don't really care. People like to whine and complain about what happens here like they're above it, meanwhile they're right the thick of it. You're not better than anybody, homie.

I’m not sure what personal dig I’m making. I gave an opinion. You called it out as ridiculous. That’s not even necessary itself but I’m sure I’ve said that too in the past. I explained my opinion and you took it to a personal level. I’ve never wavered on my opinion. There is no way to qualify an opinion. This isn’t a case of me saying a puck is square.

I said we were so focused on one thing that we sort of missed another issue all together. In the end it doesn’t matter. None of us control the team or have any influence. If you look at the whole pie now instead of just the one slice, it seems we were all bashing ADA and giving a pass to Geo when we see how Geo seems to have his own sort of issues that probably go back to there. Requesting to be moved, kind of/sort of shunning Shesty in the postgame handshake, etc when he’s at best a mediocre goalie that is as Jeckyl and Hyde as they come.. Not a good look. Now, I know you’ll start the conspiracy crap and think Im saying that ADA got a raw deal or minimizing ADAs fault. I’m not. What happened to ADA was because of ADA. But when discussing Geo, I think it’s important to remember his full resume here. Partly revisionist on my part but it seems to me now that there were signs of malcontent for quite a while. 

Many of us post here regularly. I see plenty of things posted that aren’t exactly my cup of tea or I disagree with, or whatever, but I try to not make it personal.  The fact that you seem to believe it’s within your right to “call out” opinions seems a bit off sometimes. You don’t even do it tactfully. You just jump into the deep end with this confrontational style to the point where it leads to just this. So what if I brought up ADA. I was simply saying Geo gained a bit of praise and there was less talk about why the hell was he borderline body checking his D and more talk about how awesome it was to see him slap around person non grata. I think when we though it was Kreider there were jokes to make him captain right then and there. 

Honestly, I’d rather end this here and get back to Hockey talk.