• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The problem with Georgiev is that he’s not a backup and he’s not a starter. He’s literally like in Neverland for goalies. He doesn’t play well with long rest, and he isn’t good enough to consistently start.

Pretty much it.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I can not STAND  Georgiev,  BUT, didn't Raanta say something similar or worse (didn't he hope Crawford would get hurt so he could play..?) that got him booted from Chicago a few years ago? I'd take that guy back any day. I think he did apologize for his comments. Georgiev just has this undeserved chip on his shoulder. 

I just don't like the guy. I don't think he's a good goalie. I'd rather a good locker room guy like Kinkaid get the spot.  Atleast he knows his place. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4690365/antti-raanta-refutes-quote-he-rooted-against-blackhawks

Ranta was quoted in the Satakunnan Kansa as saying (translated from Finnish), “Fingers crossed hoping that Nashville defeated us in four straight matches and get quickly to Finland

“I haven’t said that,” Raanta said Wednesday. “I have only said that when I was going back up and knew that I’m not going to play anymore, I was really frustrated. AHL playoff was starting also, and I wanted to play those games. Everybody was great for me when I went back Chicago, so it helped me to work hard and staying ready. Why would I say that kind of stuff when my dream came true, and I’m Stanley Cup champion?”

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’m not sure what personal dig I’m making. I gave an opinion. You called it out as ridiculous. That’s not even necessary itself but I’m sure I’ve said that too in the past. I explained my opinion and you took it to a personal level. I’ve never wavered on my opinion. There is no way to qualify an opinion. This isn’t a case of me saying a puck is square.   

What you said isn't an opinion. You made a claim. If people let Geo off just because he slapped ADA, where are the posts to prove it? Don't want to dig back, don't make the claim...Because it's gonna get called out.

I said we were so focused on one thing that we sort of missed another issue all together. In the end it doesn’t matter. None of us control the team or have any influence. If you look at the whole pie now instead of just the one slice, it seems we were all bashing ADA and giving a pass to Geo when we see how Geo seems to have his own sort of issues that probably go back to there. Requesting to be moved, kind of/sort of shunning Shesty in the postgame handshake, etc when he’s at best a mediocre goalie that is as Jeckyl and Hyde as they come.. Not a good look. Now, I know you’ll start the conspiracy crap and think Im saying that ADA got a raw deal or minimizing ADAs fault. I’m not. What happened to ADA was because of ADA. But when discussing Geo, I think it’s important to remember his full resume here. Partly revisionist on my part but it seems to me now that there were signs of malcontent for quite a while.

This isn't what you said and the posts prove it. You didn't say "We were distracted by ADA"...You said that people gave Geo a pass because he slapped ADA. That's not the same thing.

Many of us post here regularly. I see plenty of things posted that aren’t exactly my cup of tea or I disagree with, or whatever, but I try to not make it personal.  The fact that you seem to believe it’s within your right to “call out” opinions seems a bit off sometimes. You don’t even do it tactfully. You just jump into the deep end with this confrontational style to the point where it leads to just this. So what if I brought up ADA. I was simply saying Geo gained a bit of praise and there was less talk about why the hell was he borderline body checking his D and more talk about how awesome it was to see him slap around person non grata. I think when we though it was Kreider there were jokes to make him captain right then and there. 

Honestly, I’d rather end this here and get back to Hockey talk.

This is what I mean when I say you're right in the thick of it. The fact that you think you're any different is mind boggling to me.

But yea, the ignore tool is a valuable feature more people should leverage.

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

What you said isn't an opinion. You made a claim. If people let Geo off just because he slapped ADA, where are the posts to prove it? Don't want to dig back, don't make the claim...Because it's gonna get called out.

This isn't what you said and the posts prove it. You didn't say "We were distracted by ADA"...You said that people gave Geo a pass because he slapped ADA. That's not the same thing.

This is what I mean when I say you're right in the thick of it. The fact that you think you're any different is mind boggling to me.

But yea, the ignore tool is a valuable feature more people should leverage.

Right in the thick of what? I honestly don’t know exactly what you are referring to. I get that ADA is a polarizing guy but all I said in a nutshell was my opinion that he garnered some support and was let off the hook because “we” were just happy it was who it was and forgot how shifty of a goalie he is.  I didn’t quote you in the first place. I gave my opinion on Geo in an off Olof comment that had fuck all to do with you. You jumped in and actually got personal. If that’s “right in the thick of it” then ffs bro. 

Im not going to go back and call out guys here specifically just because you think it’s necessary or would to validate an opinion. That’s just not my thing. But I’ll say this. There were initial reports that ADA was the one punching and a lot of vitriol about it. When it was found out that actually Geo threw the punch there was some walking back of it and we never heard one peep specifically about the punch anymore. Geo got a pass and we as a fanbase (in my opinion) we’re pretty happy because of who it was and what the outcome was after. The circus was more on ADA and rightfully so. However there still was a point where our backup thought it was in good taste to punch a teammate in the runway after a game.  Now I never thought it was a big deal for teammates to fight. But some did. Now fast fwd to this point and we have Geo asking for a trade possibly and not looking all that enthused about Shesty winning. So now we hear so,e rumblings of “man we need to get this guy off the team.”

Wait, so NOW we think as a fanbase this guy is bad for the club but we didn’t think that when he punched a teammate after a game last year in between shitty starts? Why? Because he punched the biggest clown of the circus. He got a pass. It happens. I can’t even believe we have spent this long even discussing it. We disagree. The rest is utter bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

spacer.png

Nice. 

16 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Same as the function for you two to DM each other? 

You know what. You re 100% absolutely right. It shouldn’t be aired out here and I’m sorry for my part in this. I never honestly thought it was this big of a hot take opinion. I said my peace above and I’ll leave it at that. I appreciate the levity. Spot on. 

• TroCheckmark 1

I mean I'm all for a good ole fashion argument, but this is a tired topic....and you guys aren't even arguing the topic.  I'm here right now to avoid my wife watching The Real Housewives of whatever the fuck city this is, so I don't wanna read the same mindless bickering when I'm looking for 'Reports from the Rink'.

Xoxo, love you both.  Strome for captain. 

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Right in the thick of what? I honestly don’t know exactly what you are referring to. I get that ADA is a polarizing guy but all I said in a nutshell was my opinion that he garnered some support and was let off the hook because “we” were just happy it was who it was and forgot how shifty of a goalie he is.  I didn’t quote you in the first place. I gave my opinion on Geo in an off Olof comment that had fuck all to do with you. You jumped in and actually got personal. If that’s “right in the thick of it” then ffs bro. 

Im not going to go back and call out guys here specifically just because you think it’s necessary or would to validate an opinion. That’s just not my thing. But I’ll say this. There were initial reports that ADA was the one punching and a lot of vitriol about it. When it was found out that actually Geo threw the punch there was some walking back of it and we never heard one peep specifically about the punch anymore. Geo got a pass and we as a fanbase (in my opinion) we’re pretty happy because of who it was and what the outcome was after. The circus was more on ADA and rightfully so. However there still was a point where our backup thought it was in good taste to punch a teammate in the runway after a game.  Now I never thought it was a big deal for teammates to fight. But some did. Now fast fwd to this point and we have Geo asking for a trade possibly and not looking all that enthused about Shesty winning. So now we hear so,e rumblings of “man we need to get this guy off the team.”

Wait, so NOW we think as a fanbase this guy is bad for the club but we didn’t think that when he punched a teammate after a game last year in between shitty starts? Why? Because he punched the biggest clown of the circus. He got a pass. It happens. I can’t even believe we have spent this long even discussing it. We disagree. The rest is utter bullshit. 

Nice. 

I'll just say OK to make it stop. 

• TroCheckmark 2

22 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I mean I'm all for a good ole fashion argument, but this is a tired topic....and you guys aren't even arguing the topic.  I'm here right now to avoid my wife watching The Real Housewives of whatever the fuck city this is, so I don't wanna read the same mindless bickering when I'm looking for 'Reports from the Rink'.

Xoxo, love you both.  Strome for captain. 

I'm sure we can argue about something if that helps. 🙂 love you too! 

98% is ridiculous.  Boston is currently 10 points behind us with two at hand.  If they won both of those we'd be up by 6 with an injured goalie and 58 games to play.  I'd put our chances of making the playoffs at 75 or 80 percent.

Just now, Sod16 said:

98% is ridiculous.  Boston is currently 10 points behind us with two at hand.  If they won both of those we'd be up by 6 with an injured goalie and 58 games to play.  I'd put our chances of making the playoffs at 75 or 80 percent.

Rangers are 2nd in the league in points % per game. If they win tonight, theyre the top team with Florida.

Although 98% seems really high, this team has been racking up points. We hear how great all these teams are doing Washington (3pts up with 3 in hand), Flodira (2 back, 1 game in hand), Toronto (1/3), Wild, (0/-1), Flames (0, -2 gms), Canes (0, -1) but we dont give the Rangers the same credit.