• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

6 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

A bit off topic, but anyone know what he's referring to? Nemeth has taken some time off for personal reasons this season, but any there any indications of it being anything really bad?

I don't think so, but it is strange that he's taken off twice in a season for non-Covid or injury reasons. 

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

did not notice Baron at all.  Why did i think he was a physical C?

Because he's big?  I think he plays a defensively responsible game but is more likely to lean on his opponents and use positioning to defend rather than going around blowing people up with big hits.

28 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Because he's big?  I think he plays a defensively responsible game but is more likely to lean on his opponents and use positioning to defend rather than going around blowing people up with big hits.

he doesnt look big.  Being physical does not necessarily mean going around blowing people up with big hits.  

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

he doesnt look big.  Being physical does not necessarily mean going around blowing people up with big hits.  

Lol, I was trying to answer your question as to why you thought he was a "physical C".  He is definitely big though...6'4" 220lbs.  

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

A bit off topic, but anyone know what he's referring to? Nemeth has taken some time off for personal reasons this season, but any there any indications of it being anything really bad?

He's missed quite a bit of time, even got removed from the roster at one point. Not often you see someone step away for personal reasons let alone twice in a year. Hope he and his family are alright.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, G1000 said:

@The Dude gonna cream his shorts when he sees that first line.

I honestly think it works pretty good. Gauthier hasn't been finishing,  but the quality chances he gets, his ability to skate with the puck as well as be infront of the net is more than what Kakko and Hunt offer. 

I didn't think he'd mesh with the things I feel he brings to the table, but the line looked really good last game. The guy seriously needs a chance. He's been mostly 3rd and 4th line with those types of players.  He's never really gotten this kind of opportunity and I  hope it works out for him.

He's not perfect,  but he doesnt have to be. He just has to be better than Hunt and the current version of Kakko. Not that hard..

8 hours ago, CCCP said:

did not notice Baron at all.  Why did i think he was a physical C?

Some nice defensive plays, couple hits, ability to carry the puck in hopes of developing a play, been winning at the dot. More than Chytil as a center. That's a step forward. 

People often talk about the lack of "flashes" or "tools" they see with Kakko and LaF.  Well, the flashes and tools are evident with Goat, even if he's not getting results.  One of Molly Walker's better articles was a survey of NHL people outside the Rangers' organization on what Goat needs to be an NHL player.  Mostly, it was that due to lack of hands, he needs to orient himself to being a defensive forward.  He could be a great defensive shadow on some opposition speed demon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

People often talk about the lack of "flashes" or "tools" they see with Kakko and LaF.  Well, the flashes and tools are evident with Goat, even if he's not getting results.  One of Molly Walker's better articles was a survey of NHL people outside the Rangers' organization on what Goat needs to be an NHL player.  Mostly, it was that due to lack of hands, he needs to orient himself to being a defensive forward.  He could be a great defensive shadow on some opposition speed demon.

If only we had another guy who, having no hands, learned to change his game a little bit, got a little older, found his hands, and is now the scoring leader to learn from?

Just now, Long live the King said:

What?  Kreider has been a 20 goal scorer his entire career.  He hasn't changed his game.  He has found consistently. 

I don't know how true that is...when he came up he was not the Holmstrom-like player he is today. This all started probably 5ish seasons ago. This wasn't who he was at 23.

8 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Kreider was 2/17/16 in three of his first six, just over 20 in others. Not quite there but pretty close. Either way it’s easy to see the comparison of a young Gauthier here

I wasn't counting the 2 goals in 23 games 21 yo season.  But 17 in 66 and 16 in 58 are both over 20 per 82 pace.

Either way, yes. As a big power forward with blazing speed it's easy to see the comparison, but Gauthier at 24 is way behind where Kreider was at 22.

• Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 hours ago, Sod16 said:

he has 1 move. And he's not that great at it.

The dude is the biggest fucking pussy, too.

Gauthier's issues are lack of brains and balls.

• TroCheckmark 2