• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire David Quinn, All Assistants; Keeping Benoit Allaire

siddious

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallam has 3 SHL championships in 7 years, coach of the year twice and when he took over his team it was just shortly after they had just been promoted from the lower league. He is the best hockey coach on the list hands down. I don't know if the rumor is real or not though. He would also be the most handsome coach in Rangers history.

He should be the choice if they have any balls. Better that than these re-treads. Would change the game. Heavy into analytics and using his players properly and all about character. We zig while they zag. I hope at the very least he gets an assistant job.

Hallam has 3 SHL championships in 7 years, coach of the year twice and when he took over his team it was just shortly after they had just been promoted from the lower league. He is the best hockey coach on the list hands down. I don't know if the rumor is real or not though. He would also be the most handsome coach in Rangers history.

Got it — so zero NHL experience. They won't be hiring him. If they wanted to go this route, it should have been in place of Quinn, not to replace him.

Got it — so zero NHL experience. They won't be hiring him. If they wanted to go this route, it should have been in place of Quinn, not to replace him.

As an assistant bench coach to take over the reigns in a few years could be a very forward thinking move

As an assistant bench coach to take over the reigns in a few years could be a very forward thinking move

That's fine. He's not an NHL head coach (yet). They just fired a first-year coach after three seasons and Dolan expects playoffs. I'd be stunned if they hired another rookie, no matter how internationally promising.

The Rangers have talent.

The Blue Jackets have whatever the fuck this is:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-12-at-2-35-07-PM.png

Curious what this looked like before they traded Foligno, Savard, Riley Nash. Obviously they were bad enough to sell but let’s at least acknowledge they gutted a better team than what’s on the chart

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Exactly, so no balls. Hire the smartest and best coach. That's Hallam. If Drury was as smart as they say he is then that's the way he would go. Either that or Drury isn't really the one making the choice. However if he really is getting an interview then that means they see what he brings and he's a real candidate. Just because Quinn failed doesn't mean you get too scared to go back to the well.

Bingo. The Rangers have the last element in spades, and it's the hardest one to get. We've said it for the entire 2010s runs we had. "Oh man, wish we just had that one guy". We hoped Nash would be it, and he wasn't. The Rangers have 3 of those guys now, and it might be more in the next few seasons depending on which young guys rise to the task.

Instilling work ethic is a Torts specialty, and less mistakes comes with experience if it isn't innate (like with Fox). If Torts gets hired, I would wager the Rangers win a Cup within the next 3 years.

Already fired once by the NYR. Bring him back so he can get fired again.

That's fine. He's not an NHL head coach (yet). They just fired a first-year coach after three seasons and Dolan expects playoffs. I'd be stunned if they hired another rookie, no matter how internationally promising.

I don't have comparison for hockey, but I'm a huge Padres fan. They hired a first time Manager in Andy Green and he failed, was disliked by his players, they quit on him and was fired. Then last offseason they had to make the next hire. Everyone was pushing for a veteran replacement and Ron Washington and Tony LaRussa were at the top of the list. However we have a very bright and forward thinking GM and he went outside the box and hired Jayce Tingler, a coach nobody had heard of, who had only been an assistant and whose only managing experience came from the Dominican summer league. It was all based on his mind and the kind of person and leader he was.

That has proven to be the correct move and it was done because he hired the guy who would use his players best, cared about analytics and would give his team the best chance to win. You hire based on who can win in the future, not who has won in the past because sports league are ever evolving and sometimes having won in the past can be a hinderance toward evolving along with the sport. Give me the smartest guy every time. I'll take Hallam or Knoblauch, not somebody who just got fired from someplace else for not getting it done.

I don't have comparison for hockey, but I'm a huge Padres fan. They hired a first time Manager in Andy Green and he failed, was disliked by his players, they quit on him and was fired. Then last offseason they had to make the next hire. Everyone was pushing for a veteran replacement and Ron Washington and Tony LaRussa were at the top of the list. However we have a very bright and forward thinking GM and he went outside the box and hired Jayce Tingler, a coach nobody had heard of, who had only been an assistant and whose only managing experience came from the Dominican summer league. It was all based on his mind and the kind of person and leader he was.

That has proven to be the correct move and it was done because he hired the guy who would use his players best, cared about analytics and would give his team the best chance to win. You hire based on who can win in the future, not who has won in the past because sports league are ever evolving and sometimes having won in the past can be a hinderance toward evolving along with the sport. Give me the smartest guy every time. I'll take Hallam or Knoblauch, not somebody who just got fired from someplace else for not getting it done.

You have to admit that this would be an amazing, amazing leap of faith by a franchise though. If he doesn’t succeed, what then?

Curious what this looked like before they traded Foligno, Savard, Riley Nash. Obviously they were bad enough to sell but let’s at least acknowledge they gutted a better team than what’s on the chart

It's missing their third-line center, fourth-line center, third-line left wing, top-pair defenseman, and second pair defenseman. They miss Savard and Werenski. Foligno, Jenner, and Nash aren't providing much offense. They're role players. The Blue Jackets are a mostly untalented team. Neither Bjorkstrand nor Atkinson are high-end, and both Laine and Domi are temperamental. Torts wasn't really working with much. It's no surprise that his team suffered over the last two seasons once a Hart caliber player left.

Random lineup I found for a Game in February

1️⃣

Texier - Domi - Laine

2️⃣

Robinson - Roslovic - Atkinson

3️⃣

Grigorenko - Nash - Bjorkstrand

4️⃣

Jenner - Koivu - Foligno

1️⃣

Werenski - Jones

2️⃣

Gavrikov - Savard

3️⃣

Del Zotto - Kukan

Goal net

Korpisalo

It's missing their third-line center, fourth-line center, third-line left wing, top-pair defenseman, and second pair defenseman. They miss Savard and Werenski. Foligno, Jenner, and Nash aren't providing much offense. They're role players. The Blue Jackets are a mostly untalented team. Neither Bjorkstrand nor Atkinson are high-end, and both Laine and Domi are temperamental. Torts wasn't really working with much. It's no surprise that his team suffered over the last two seasons once a Hart caliber player left.

They're built like the Torts-era Rangers without a 40-goal scorer.