• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire David Quinn, All Assistants; Keeping Benoit Allaire

siddious

Damn, I so wish the Rangers had beat reporters that could really get some info - what went down during Quinn's COVID break (was he already going to be fired? did the players get in Drury's ear?) and then again during the exit interviews.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I so wish the Rangers had beat reporters that could really get some info - what went down during Quinn's COVID break (was he already going to be fired? did the players get in Drury's ear?) and then again during the exit interviews.

They do. Brooks and Carp both have a tight pulse and insider access. No one has been on the beat this year due to Covid. They're not in the room talking to players. Brooks was just on a Rangers podcast saying this recently, talking about how the year felt unfulfilling because he hasn't even met half the players.

That is what I'd love to find out.

They do. Brooks and Carp both have a tight pulse and insider access. No one has been on the beat this year due to Covid. They're not in the room talking to players. Brooks was just on a Rangers podcast saying this recently, talking about how the year felt unfulfilling because he hasn't even met half the players.

Brooks has been pretty much garbage the last few years. Zipay and Gross were so much better. I mean, Colin, Vince and Molly ask basic questions, thats about it. Carp is more along the lines of Brooks, trying to make/tell his story rather than getting the good shit.

Brooks has been pretty much garbage the last few years. Zipay and Gross were so much better. I mean, Colin, Vince and Molly ask basic questions, thats about it. Carp is more along the lines of Brooks, trying to make/tell his story rather than getting the good shit.

Oh, I don't disagree they don't seem to have a very good one. But they do have beat writers that get real info still. It's just lacking, overall.

If Knoblauch were a contender I think Martin would of been kept around, he did a good job with the D but could of also acted as a mentor. I think cleaning him out too is a indication we're headed in a different direction than moving Knoblauch up.

Add Jack Capuano Patrick Roy

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just don't see either of these guys being in the discussion, even a little.

Let's hire the first Euro head coach. Give me Jukka Jalonen or preferably Rikard Gronborg.

Tops the list....

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31421880/the-top-rising-candidates-nhl-coach-gm-jobs

Rikard Gronborg, ZCS Lions head coach

Though he is coaching in Switzerland now, the 52-year-old Gronborg is best known as being the longtime head coach of the Swedish national team. A few years ago, Gronborg's agent, Neil Glasberg, brought the coach to North America to introduce him to NHL teams. Gronborg got great feedback, but ultimately NHL teams just haven't been willing to step out of their comfort zone and hire non-North American born coaches, despite the fact that European players now comprise 30% of NHL rosters.

Though he is Swedish, Gronborg played college hockey at St. Cloud State in Minnesota, and he is married to an American.

"Gronberg has coached almost every big-time Swedish player in the league right now and he has some big-time supporters," Glasberg told ESPN last year. "Nicklas Lidstrom in Detroit, Mats Sundin, Daniel Alfredsson. The Sedins. They're all Gronborg supporters."

Knoblauch on there too btw.

BRING PAPA TORTS HOME!!!

I think the Torts folks are gonna get their wish this time. There's too many coincidences, and convenient things going on that points this in the direction of Torterella.

• Experienced head coach - Check
  • Doesn't take any shit - Check
  • Good ties to Drury - Check
  • Dolan "likes him" - Check
  • Conveniently recently "parted ways" with Columbus - Check

I think the Torts folks are gonna get their wish this time. There's too many coincidences, and convenient things going on that points this in the direction of Torterella.

• Experienced head coach - Check
  • Doesn't take any shit - Check
  • Good ties to Drury - Check
  • Dolan "likes him" - Check
  • Conveniently recently "parted ways" with Columbus - Check

Beat me to it. The stars have aligned.

Torts had no problem with "Euros." He had a problem with guys that had poor work ethics. They won't have that problem. The team is both highly-skilled and full of workers, with harder-nosed ones on the way.

Torts had no problem with "Euros." He had a problem with guys that had poor work ethics. They won't have that problem. The team is both highly-skilled and full of workers, with harder-nosed ones on the way.

Zibanejad and Panarin gonna be riding the bench in that case. Who wanted more Colin Blackwell? We're gonna get more Colin Blackwell.

Yup!!! There's a reason you run this place, huh big fella!!! ;)

I'm thinking if they do hire him, maybe Torts could be THAT guy that could FINALLY light a fire under Kreider's dead ass....

Zibanejad and Panarin gonna be riding the bench in that case. Who wanted more Colin Blackwell? We're gonna get more Colin Blackwell.

Because Panarin rode the bench to and 82 and an 87 point season under Torts. :rolleyes:

As Phil mentioned, Torts values effort. Panarin succeeded under Torts once before. Can't see why he wouldn't again.

• Like 1

Myth. Panarin scored back-to-back near 30 goals and was better than point-per-game with Torts in Columbus.

This narrative is so lazy.

• Like 2

I'm actually shocked. I'm glad, but I honestly didn't think Drury would pull the trigger. So far so good Droopy. The hiring you make to replace him can only improve the team IMO. While Martin did a good job with the D, you kind of have to allow who ever comes in, to bring their own staff.

Because Panarin rode the bench to and 82 and an 87 point season under Torts. :rolleyes:

As Phil mentioned, Torts values effort. Panarin succeeded under Torts once before. Can't see why he wouldn't again.

Myth. Panarin scored back-to-back near 30 goals and was better than point-per-game with Torts in Columbus.

This narrative is so lazy.

Fair enough. I'm still just over the idea of Torts.