• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire David Quinn, All Assistants; Keeping Benoit Allaire

siddious

WOW !!! that didn't take long and I wondering if this was prompted by the exit interviews with the players. I'm really surprised of the removal of Benoit Allaire I thought he was untouchable.

Allaire was not let go.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How recent? That's basically Tocchet, Roy, and Travis Green.

Honestly, I'd see if they can get a guy that played hockey after the 2005 lockout when the game changed a bit. I love the old gritty character guys, in theory, but is that the ticket for the cup in 2022?

Can't see Dolan going with an totally unproven Knoblauch when he feels the rebuild is already behind schedule. Especially when you consider they're coming off Quinn who was an unproven guy as well coming into the league.

It's going to be Knoblach and everyone is going to be let down. lol

knoblauch?

Wasn't there mention in a recent article (can't remember who wrote it now) about the Rangers wanting to go with an experienced head coach? Given the mantra being preached by Dolan, I can't see the Rangers wanting to be the proving grounds for another rookie NHL coach.

Hmm.....looks like I'm in the minority that will take Torts back with open arms. I think he's grown a lot since his Ranger days. Took Columbus to multiple playoff appearances, and based on the Columbus player interviews I read, most of the team loved him and gave him tremendous credit for their development. We are going to have a a lot of "talented" players to sign at some point. May as well let Torts come in, light a fire under their asses, hold them accountable and see whos the real deal and whos not. Night be the perfect time for him to come back!

Hmm.....looks like I'm in the minority that will take Torts back with open arms. I think he's grown a lot since his Ranger days. Took Columbus to multiple playoff appearances, and based on the Columbus player interviews I read, most of the team loved him and gave him tremendous credit for their development. We are going to have a a lot of "talented" players to sign at some point. May as well let Torts come in, light a fire under their asses, hold them accountable and see whos the real deal and whos not. Night be the perfect time for him to come back!

I'm pretty open to it too honestly. What you mentioned, with the Rangers probably wanting an experienced head coach and Dolan's comments, I think the stars are aligning for a reunion. Plus, Drury played under Tortorella when he was here too.

Just goes to show what some of us were saying before this year started. Management refused to give a season expectation when asked about if not making the playoffs would deem the season as a disappointment. This roster, albeit young, should have entered this past offseason with an idea of taking the next step into the playoffs rather than just plugging some stop gaps and saying “well it’s a process.”

Teams don’t go year one of playoffs and win a cup. They knew this. However, a team has to start being a playoff team in order to start really building that foundation and getting that experience to learn how to really win.

Can't see Dolan going with an totally unproven Knoblauch when he feels the rebuild is already behind schedule. Especially when you consider they're coming off Quinn who was an unproven guy as well coming into the league.

I agree with this, he would've been perfect a year or two ago and even though he handled the team well for the few games he was here, Dolan is done with the new guy experiment and will probably want a proven "name" behind the bench.

Bummer that Martin got swept up in it, he did a great job with the defense, but I understand the thought process of having the new coach pick his staff. Who knows, maybe Knoblauch comes in as an assistant to be groomed for an eventual HC position?

Wasn't there mention in a recent article (can't remember who wrote it now) about the Rangers wanting to go with an experienced head coach? Given the mantra being preached by Dolan, I can't see the Rangers wanting to be the proving grounds for another rookie NHL coach.

I'm not much of a reader.

But is an NHL re-tread the best option? The options available are just recycled crap, at this point. Julien? Babcock, Bylsma? My list included a lot of former NHLers and current pro coaches.

Now, I'm looking through old Drury articles to see who he mentioned when discussing leadership, winning, influence, etc.

"There were a lot of guys I looked up to," he said. "I was fortunate enough to play with some great leaders in the NHL: Joe Sakic, Ray Bourque, Rob Blake and Patrick Roy with the Avalanche, and Brendan Shanahan of the Rangers, to name a few."

https://www.nhl.com/news/chris-drury-recognized-as-winner-at-every-level/c-792403

Sather and Drury will be doing the interviewing. As of now the list is Mark Messier, Kris Knoblauch, Rick Tocchett, John Tortorella, Bruce Bou dreau, Gerard Gallant Mike Babcock and Travis Green working with analytics will be important

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Out of this (I'm assuming unofficial) list, I like Gallant the best, followed by Boudreau, Tocchett and Torts. Knoblauch would be interesting but doesn't have the pedigree. The rest I would keep far away......

New team President maybe? lol I don't know if Drury does both roles for the long haul.

Wouldn't mind see him on the bench as an assistant in some capacity. Certainly use that type of leadership and hockey mind in help shaping the kids

Wouldn't mind see him on the bench as an assistant in some capacity. Certainly use that type of leadership and hockey mind in help shaping the kids

I suppose that would be fine with me. The guy has such an ego though I dont see it happening.