• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire David Quinn, All Assistants; Keeping Benoit Allaire

siddious

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of good options out there. I would personally love to see Gallant here. But I’m not opposed to other options, such as Julien, Torts, etc.

As I stated earlier, this had to be done now. Because if we kept Quinn and got out of the gate struggling, it would be a less than ideal situation for a young team like this, who would have to hear whispers everyday about whether or not their coach would be fired. Drury was right to do this now.

Good riddance! Every single person in the organization who had any responsibility for bringing in Jack Johnson is now officially gone and that's the way it should be. It was inexcusable and unprofessional. Glad to see they made it right.

Coach should be Knoblauch. Drury was behind the bench coaching with him when they filled in and the team went off, so he should know that. If not him I would guess Tocchet.

There are a lot of good options out there. I would personally love to see Gallant here. But I’m not opposed to other options, such as Julien, Torts, etc.

As I stated earlier, this had to be done now. Because if we kept Quinn and got out of the gate struggling, it would be a less than ideal situation for a young team like this, who would have to hear whispers everyday about whether or not their coach would be fired. Drury was right to do this now.

I'm hoping they go after Gallant as well. I'm intrigued to see what he could accomplish with this roster. Although I really hope Torts is off their shopping list. If there were complaints about how Quinn coached this team, those complaints will multiple tenfold under Torts. Just don't think he'd be the right fit for this roster at this stage, maybe if it were 2-3 seasons down the road.

Good riddance! Every single person in the organization who had any responsibility for bringing in Jack Johnson is now officially gone and that's the way it should be. It was inexcusable and unprofessional. Glad to see they made it right.

Coach should be Knoblauch. Drury was behind the bench coaching with him when they filled in and the team went off, so he should know that. If not him I would guess Tocchet.

I always thought Knoblauch was going to be the coach of the future for this team at some point anyway. So, it very well could be right now.

I'm hoping they go after Gallant as well. I'm intrigued to see what he could accomplish with this roster. Although I really hope Torts is off their shopping list. If there were complaints about how Quinn coached this team, those complaints will multiple tenfold under Torts. Just don't think he'd be the right fit for this roster at this stage, maybe if it were 2-3 seasons down the road.

Yeah, and if Torts comes back it most likely means that Dolan is going to be more hands on than we think which could...no, will...be bad.

I'm glad the decision was made quickly.

I fully expect the forum to be complaining about the new coach by next Valentine's Day.

Guaranteed. First grumblings (likely about ice time) by Thanksgiving.

I want a recent ex-player. I'll scrounge up a list soon.

I think I mentioned Drury, but I dont think that's an option.

I'd like a Russian assistant, but Zubov and Kovalev just both got head coaching jobs in the KHL. Zubov would have been great for the D. We'll probably get Girardi and have our whole D laying down in front of the net.

We wouldn't be Rangers fans if we didn't complain about the coach. That will never change no matter who is behind the bench. :p

No such thing as a perfect coach in Ranger land. You'll never please the masses.

We wouldn't be Rangers fans if we didn't complain about the coach. That will never change no matter who is behind the bench. :p

No such thing as a perfect coach in Ranger land. You'll never please the masses.

We could put Jesus behind the bench and we'd still complain!! "What??? No walking on water last night!?!?!?! What the fuck!!!" :rofl:

I want a recent ex-player. I'll scrounge up a list soon.

I think I mentioned Drury, but I dont think that's an option.

What's Dom Moore up to?

Jay Leach - coaching Providence (1st in div), played for Bruins, so those boxes are checked.

Groulx - been doing a great job, year after year in Syracuse turning out prospects that jump in at the NHL level. Not an ex-NHLer, but I like the recent history.

Kevin Dineen - coaching AHL's top scoring team. Ex NHL.

Chicago Blackhawks (2014–2018)

On July 14, 2014, Dineen was named as an assistant coach of the Chicago Blackhawks, joining the staff of Joel Quenneville, who had been his teammate for six seasons when they both played for the Hartford Whalers.[6] As an assistant coach for the Blackhawks, Dineen won his first Stanley Cup on June 15, 2015. On November 6, 2018, Dineen was fired along with Quenneville and assistant coach Ulf Samuelsson.[7]

Roy - I've mentioned before

Tocchet - Not on the top of my list, but would be fine with him.

We could put Jesus behind the bench and we'd still complain!! "What??? No walking on water last night!?!?!?! What the fuck!!!" :rofl:

technically they all walk on water so if thats our complaint then Jesus really sucks

• Like 1